Subject: "There goes Taurus' bracers, Templar Crowns....." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25702
Show all folders

5-time Pally (Guest)Thu 25-Mar-04 11:18 AM

#25722, "There goes Taurus' bracers, Templar Crowns....."

So if I want to use the chessmaster's tower, I have to find an evil guy with the key and PK him for it??? Like evils even hold onto it.

Why even have the area for goodies then?

Also, are you aware how many and how often Elite Dwarven Guards are summoned and fought for their equipment? This has been done for years, by tattooed paladins and goodie shamans who've hero-immed, IMMED-Immed and is still done today.

Finally, if I ask someone for something and he says no, fine, but if he attacks me and TRIES TO KILL ME you're damn right I've got a reason to kill him!!

OOC abuse of rules to request when you know you'll be attacked you say? OK, how about playability?

Are you saying that goodies have to request practically everything to re-equip??? Evil mobs have...well..evil stuff.

So you'd reject a newbie paladin that killed for the Short sword of swiftness and a shirt of shining chain? Jeese man! Well, like I said, there goes Taurus' bracers as well.

Be good to the newbies, please, and for us guys who'd rather PLAY THE GAME then "consider all the goodness in the world" for 45 minutes to an hour every time we die!

You'd rather have us do that then attack a neutral mob or two and be playing again in 20 minutes???? Playability, my man, playability.

Yeah, admittidly, if we were actually playing D + D certain things like killing butlers wouldn't be done, but the IMMS have never cracked down on these "Taurus bracer" things because of playability issues.

(Lemme just say "playability" once more. OOOOoohhh...)

Also, in D+D I'd just kill the mother wyvern and set lord tabershaw free, or just get a group of heroes to end the War in Mortorn, but I can't do that here now can I?

Suspension of belief swings both ways.

If it goes over the top and a paladin starts slaughtering villages of gnomish or wood elven women and children he should get ganked, I agree, but most pallys I've seen can differentiate between asking the bulter, taurus, and elite guards and being attacked and mindless slaughter.

The balance we have is a good one, I think. Don't raze villages and kill women and kids, but if some feral barbarian attacks (or snob as in the butler's case) you because you asked him for something, it's cool IC and OOC the IMMS want us to play and enjoy the game.

Now if this is your outlook for goddies followers of you, well, that's your decision but it's a very brutal one making things 300% more difficult and time consuming and isn't in sync with what we've been allowed to do as pallys for years now.

Sorry if this came across as angry or something, but I just really don't agree with you and if this is how harsh you are in a Game, which is again you're right, you've turned me, and others probably, off to ever making a goodie follower of your religion.

Mayby it's good knowing this now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Oltrambel the Hammer of Heretics, Seek... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 24-Mar-04 10:16 PM
Reply Was fun, and thanks for your help., Audriel (Guest), 26-Mar-04 04:26 AM, #27
Reply Too bad., Baldar (Guest), 25-Mar-04 10:39 AM, #16
Reply Too bad., Baldar (Guest), 25-Mar-04 10:39 AM, #15
Reply Olty!, Calcifer (Guest), 25-Mar-04 06:03 AM, #12
Reply Had fun until I was an idiot momentarily...., Dindon, 24-Mar-04 11:19 PM, #1
     Reply Wait..., Someone (Guest), 25-Mar-04 12:39 AM, #2
     Reply Paladins and neutrality, Phaelim (Anonymous), 25-Mar-04 03:56 AM, #7
          Reply So.......?, permanewbie, 25-Mar-04 04:07 AM, #8
               Reply Re: So.......?, Phaelim (Anonymous), 25-Mar-04 04:12 AM, #9
               Reply Not that I am disagreeing with you...., permanewbie, 25-Mar-04 04:45 AM, #10
               Reply RE: Not that I am disagreeing with you...., Phaelim (Anonymous), 25-Mar-04 05:06 AM, #11
               Reply There goes Taurus' bracers, Templar Crowns....., 5-time Pally (Guest), 25-Mar-04 11:18 AM #17
                    Reply having played a paladin too, Daurwyn (Guest), 25-Mar-04 12:12 PM, #19
                    Reply RE: There goes Taurus' bracers, Templar Crowns....., Theerkla, 25-Mar-04 12:56 PM, #21
                         Reply "Realism" vrs. gameplayability, 5-time Paladin (Guest), 25-Mar-04 02:38 PM, #22
                              Reply Sorry, but:, Valguarnera, 25-Mar-04 02:59 PM, #23
                                   Reply Well, alright., 5-time Paladin (Guest), 25-Mar-04 03:54 PM, #24
                                        Reply Since I'm almost always misunderstood, Theerkla, 25-Mar-04 04:17 PM, #25
                                             Reply Gotcha., 5-time paladin (Guest), 25-Mar-04 04:35 PM, #26
               Reply Absolutely correct, Theerkla, 25-Mar-04 07:23 AM, #13
                    Reply I don't even buy the remorse thing, incognito, 25-Mar-04 12:19 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Had fun until I was an idiot momentarily...., Phaelim (Anonymous), 25-Mar-04 12:49 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Had fun until I was an idiot momentarily...., Dindon, 25-Mar-04 01:09 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Had fun until I was an idiot momentarily...., Stef (Guest), 25-Mar-04 01:04 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Had fun until I was an idiot momentarily...., Dindon, 25-Mar-04 01:12 AM, #6
     Reply well done. except the delete part..., Glilanthis (Guest), 25-Mar-04 09:08 AM, #14
          Reply RE: well done. except the delete part..., Dindon, 25-Mar-04 11:57 AM, #18
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25702 Previous topic | Next topic