Subject: "So long, and thanks for all the fish" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18995
Show all folders

Eilathen (Guest)Thu 10-Jul-03 07:59 PM

#18996, "So long, and thanks for all the fish"

Warning: Long. (possibly also boring)
Well, what can I say? Some things just aren't for me, and it's finally coming to be that CF is one of those things. This deletion was prompted by a number of things, not the least of which was my first PK death. When I die solely because I'm an idiot, I have difficulty picking up and moving on. Among other things, in no particular order: I finally realized I was playing a healer. A scarab healer is particularly difficult, since I can count the number of semi-reliable allies I had on one hand. I spent several sessions just sitting around, hoping someone I could rank or PK with would show, and dodging the requisite imperial/goodie/sylvan/everyone gangbangs. Also, while I love the scarab religion and philosophy, after the 57th person arguing with you, it gets old (because in CF, even more than life, no one's opinion changes). So the death was a nice way out for me. I died a total of three times, once to an immortal (I won't elaborate because the plot is still rolling), once when Garguza walked us into You Plummet to Your Death, and the last PK death. Sorry to have ranted so long.

Goodbyes:

Scarabaeus - Hey, it was great. I loved our interactions, brief though they usually were. I guessed that you watched me a lot, because the interviews were always pretty short. Hopefully this means I was doing a good job, but I always doubted. I'd love to hear what your thoughts on Eilathen were. Thanks for the tattoo, etc.

Talia - I won't get into details here, but our interactions started on a good note and ended up providing me with good roleplay angles, but damnit if the latter ones didn't piss me off. The exp in the shrine was a nice note that someone was watching, but it was almost like throwing salt in the wound. Thanks anyway, I guess

Garguza - Keep on truckin'. We had some amazing ranking, and some amazing PKing. You only died with me that once after you insisted on going back when I said I was too tired to fight. You always listened after that time

Ancruhljin - I was happy to have anyone in the Cult, but I have to echo Garguza in saying I thought you were way too cautious. And you always bowed to people, which bothered me. But what do I know, right?

Ilrahsek - I ranked with you a lot with a previous char, and then got to finish the job. Solid char, good job, enjoyed exploring/PKing/etc. The hero range is so seriously out of wack vs scions it's not even funny.

Hukalon - You scared the bejeezus out of me.

Beridarion and Kogefibo - Damn you.

Other imperials - most of you failed to really impress me.

People who I seemed negligent towards in ranking: No, I knew you were getting your ass kicked. I just didn't like you.

People I solo-killed: I hear checkers is very challenging in its own way.

My 87% ratio works out to 7-1, I think, of which 4 or 5 of them were solo.

I'm leaving for a week tomorrow, but I'll make attempts to respond to anyone who replies. Hopefully I won't be back to CF any time soon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Eilathen the Holy Father, Initiate of ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 10-Jul-03 07:17 PM
Reply So long, and thanks for all the fish, Eilathen (Guest), 10-Jul-03 07:59 PM #1
     Reply Solo-PK, Llauriele (Guest), 11-Jul-03 12:05 AM, #2
     Reply Exceptions exist..., Eilathen (Guest), 11-Jul-03 03:21 AM, #3
     Reply Take care, Ancruhljin (Guest), 11-Jul-03 01:12 PM, #4
     Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the fish, Scarabaeus, 16-Jul-03 09:24 AM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18995 Previous topic | Next topic