Subject: "Final thoughts about Pititti" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145755
Show all folders

FullmoonCatTue 12-Dec-23 03:51 AM
Member since 10th Jan 2023
154 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145758, "Final thoughts about Pititti"

TLDR: pih-TEE-tee not pie tiddies, you children. This was my second goblin and I had no plan at all other than to play a fun goblin for a few hours. I ended up on a crazy and amazing journey, and it could not have ended better.

I created this character because I was on a self-imposed medical break from the game due to some mysterious cognitive decline issue I have been going through. I got bored, so decided I would play a character and needed one that had zero expectations for success and that would mask my massive typos and possible general derpiness. I had played a goblin earlier this year, Grungelglut, and had a ton of fun just being a dumb goblin. So I decided to do that again. I wish I could say going Grinning Skull and neutral was some masterful plan, but it was not. I just didn't think it through. At all. I was evil not GSV before, so this time I went neutral and GSV.

The one thing I did do that was clever was to plan my entire character around the knowledge that my level 40 title was going to be "Goblin Princess." I spent like 100 hours playing a Goblin Prince previously, and people thought the title was very funny, so this time I just figured I'd game the titling system and lean into it. What makes a "goblin princess" and why are they called that? So the backstory and much of what I eventually decided to do with the character was around defining that. If you attended the final art show, you saw some of it. If you talked to Piti much you probably saw even more. If you did neither of those things, you are dead to me.

There's a lot of debate in the D&D community right now about whether goblins must be disgusting little monsters or if they can be cute. I am a fan of both concepts. Grungel was a disgusting little monster, so I went the other way with it here.

As usual with the characters I go into with no real plan and just allow in-game events to shape them, this one took an amazing journey. My cognitive issue has let up (though is still undiagnosed after very many tests), so I was able to more fully commit to it. I wrote a book that may be in the Lyceum soon, and < blah blah blah pat self on back >.

Pititti's final day could not have been more perfect. I signed myself up for an insane 12 hour stint online for the art show knowing that by the end of it I would be at 529 hours (which was the final count, regardless of what battlefield states). The goblin help file says 528 is the average lifespan of a goblin, and since nobody has ever age died a goblin as far as I could tell I figured I was done for. I had been wearing a -15 years loop bracelet for a while, so planned to remove that after the show. The art itself was created using what I thought was a pretty ingenious hack of the Herald artistry system involving very specific items and combining weaving and decorating. People came and saw, and I hope genuinely enjoyed. It was many hours in the making. I had a lot of great interactions, a few of which made me quite emotional. Anyone who knows me at all by now knows I am just an emotional person. So thank you all for that, it meant a lot genuinely.

The plan to remove the bracelet and just age die did not go forward because Vartin had a better idea. I had been wanting to fight ancient dragons for most of this character's life (level 40 magic vuln goblins are not a good choice for this activity, FYI). So since he was near con death, and I was probably going to age die, the method for bracelet removal became a suicide mission to the white dragon lair. We made it all the way to the dragon herself, and I could have survived it if I had allowed myself to flee and stay out, but that was not why I was there. So I died fighting a dragon, and sure enough without the loop bracelet it was my final end. Vartin then died his final two deaths, and we had a very romantic storybook ending of walking to the afterlife together.

I will not post individual goodbyes here because most of the characters I really interacted with much got an in-game goodbye or Piti let them know how she felt. But if you reply here I will likely respond.

Overall, it would be impossible to choose between Pititti and Mystrillania as my favorite CF character experiences. They were both great for different reasons. I would play a goblin again (which is good, since I seem to be the only one playing them).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Pititti Thorntooth the Goblin Prin... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 12-Dec-23 01:05 AM
Reply Will be very missed, Remnli Renqe, Efficient Officiant (Anonymous), 12-Dec-23 10:35 AM, #4
Reply RE: Will be very missed, FullmoonCat, 12-Dec-23 12:27 PM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Pititti Thorntooth the Goblin ..., ZeoShifter, 12-Dec-23 08:57 AM, #2
Reply Final thoughts about Pititti, FullmoonCat, 12-Dec-23 03:51 AM #1
     Reply RE: Final thoughts about Pititti, Alietrius, 12-Dec-23 09:23 AM, #3
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145755 Previous topic | Next topic