Subject: "Hey, get over it!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131935
Show all folders

IAmSteversFri 11-Aug-17 06:27 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2017
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131957, "Hey, get over it!"

>This was really frustrating to me in the moment. I was rooting
>for you to get denied, although after the fact that seems like
>it would have been an overreaction and I'm glad the imms there
>handled it better than I would have in their shoes. I wish
>you'd channel all your awesome creativity into something less
>####ty, the whole character felt OOC to me. For a long time I
>thought you were just a certain necro's buddy trying to pad
>his K-D ratio in case it helped with his Becoming. Reading the
>rest of this I guess there was a bit more there than I ever
>saw.
>

First of all, I was all of Thera's K/D ratio padder. I have a feeling that there was an info leak into all the cheat rings of thera that I was an easy PK, because there was a while when people were hunting me down and wrecking me before people started to avoid fights with me (see: feeling bad).

On to less important matters, there's a real issue with a lot of players in this game (which you have made me think of). Too many people were getting upset at Vahrtznif over silly things.

- One character expressed contempt over my name alone. Maybe my name should have been changed, but I had a feeling the IMMs weren't going to do so because of the low player count and the fact that the name really wasn't doing any harm. Besides, with the right origin story, a duergar adopting a nickname given to him as his rightful name isn't so hard to believe.

- Some players, yourself included, had a clear bias against Vahrtznif outside of RP. As a player, I dislike a lot of people OOC. As a character, I strip all of that and build opinions of other characters separately of my OOC bias (which is important to consider when I can easily tell who is playing who). I have befriended people in game that I otherwise don't care for on the forums. The lack of ability to separate OOC from IC is a problem that too many players have. I should give you some credit, however, because I don't believe you ever sent me particularly OOC tells -- something not all my enemies can say.

- Full looting should not be seen as a problem when it is done for IC reasons. In general, I believe full looting is OOC punishment for people being pooper peeved about something that happened in game. However, I think there are numerous valid reasons for characters to full loot IC. I had an isolated full loot/sac in game, which I believe was justified IC (I will post the log in a couple of weeks on Dios), and that set quite a few players off. No one dared ask why I did it (save for one, actually), but some still vowed I would never walk back to items on my corpse. Lucky for me, I don't cry about losing my shinies.

I am always open for feedback. Rahsael has given me some useful advice that I will consider, but no IMM or player can presume to tell me to "channel" my creativity into a mold that suits their definition of an acceptable role or playstyle. How am I being creative by restricting myself to your mold?

Again, feel free to offer advice on ways to improve; I'm always looking for suggestions on how to write better roles, RP my roles more effectively, interact with IMMs in terms of character-given or world-driven quests, and most other aspects of how to stick to my characters in IC ways. What you should not feel free to do is try to make me become a different type of player.

The sad part about all of this is that I feel like I am having more fun than a good chunk of current players because I am focused on playing how I want to play, and not getting mad when things don't go their way. I was always happy to see other characters played by people with this same mindset, but I believe those players are now in the minority.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [None] Vahrtznif the Nonsensical Ne'er-do-We... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 07-Aug-17 06:32 PM
Reply Thank you to whoever bought my PBF., IAmStevers, 27-Aug-17 08:10 AM, #11
Reply Lunky will be happy, Venara, 08-Aug-17 04:16 PM, #6
Reply I wouldn't be so sure about that., IAmStevers, 08-Aug-17 07:15 PM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Vahrtznif the Nonsensical Ne'er-d..., Rahsael, 07-Aug-17 07:07 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Vahrtznif the Nonsensical Ne'er-d..., IAmStevers, 07-Aug-17 07:45 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Vahrtznif the Nonsensical Ne'er-d..., Caz Longshadow (Anonymous), 10-Aug-17 11:45 AM, #9
          Reply Hey, get over it!, IAmStevers, 11-Aug-17 06:27 PM #10
Reply I bet nobody guessed it was me., IAmStevers, 07-Aug-17 07:47 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I bet nobody guessed it was me., Rahsael, 07-Aug-17 07:10 PM, #3
     Reply Fun times, Orilyn (Anonymous), 07-Aug-17 09:09 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Fun times, IAmStevers, 08-Aug-17 07:12 PM, #7
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131935 Previous topic | Next topic