Subject: "RE: Moonstone gear in Evermoon" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #908
Show all folders

KastellynWed 15-Feb-06 01:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#913, "RE: Moonstone gear in Evermoon"

I direct your attention to #3 above in my original post. With moonstone (or other stone materials), the armor will consist of large slabs of stone vice thinner (though maybe just as strong) sheets of hammered metal.

If the armor was only wearable by elves, I'd decrease the weight a tad - call it elvish craftmanship for elves. However, all the moonstone armor out there is wearable by everyone. Check out the description as well - it talks about the plates of moonstone and the fact that "Unfortunately, it is rather heavy."

Now that's not to say that the material of this armor won't be tweaked at some point in the future - maybe it'll be moonstone-studded mithril or something, so it can keep its special qualities but be a bit lighter. That'll come with the second round of tweaks. For now, if you don't like heavy armor, avoid moonstone - there are plenty of other good options out there.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicItem Standardization: Armor, Pens, Parchment [View all] , Kastellyn, Mon 13-Feb-06 01:48 AM
Reply Moonstone gear in Evermoon, Astillian, 15-Feb-06 01:34 AM, #2
Reply RE: Moonstone gear in Evermoon, Kastellyn, 15-Feb-06 01:43 AM #3
     Reply Modified, Kastellyn, 17-Mar-06 01:04 AM, #4
Reply Just a teeny reality thrown in., Bajula, 13-Feb-06 11:17 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #908 Previous topic | Next topic