Subject: "Item Standardization: Armor, Pens, Parchment" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #908
Show all folders

KastellynMon 13-Feb-06 01:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#908, "Item Standardization: Armor, Pens, Parchment"

Armor standardization is now complete. Some pertinent notes:

1. More than 90% of the 1600+ armor objects in the game either got lighter, or increased in weight by less than 4 lbs.

2. You'll probably see body armor increase in weight the most, followed by leg armor (though some of each got lighter). Armor worn on the arms stayed about the same weight, and most foot, hands and head armor got significantly lighter.

3. Weight of armor is based on material as well as malleability (i.e., steel is readily formed into armor via the hammer and forge, is malleable enough to be thin yet still strong, and will therefore most likely be less bulky / heavy, then armor made of, say, stone or crystal).

4. The level of armor sold in shops got tweaked to more accurately represent what it does for you. Level 5 armor probably only gives you a few HP or MANA. Level 30 armor...well, that's pretty good stuff. This is, of course, reflected in cost. Bottom line - don't be afraid to buy armor from shops now, you won't get burned (unless it's iron and you're an elf... ).

5. AC values got modified to more accurately represent the defensive potential of the material / armor type. I emphasize the word potential because AC revamping is still a future project. That being said, AC values of armor will likely need only superficial tweaking when/if we go in that direction.

6. Armor cost is standardized, and is based on level (which drives AC to a certain extent - call it quality of workmanship), material, wear slot (gauntlets are likely cheaper to make than leggings or body armor) and affects (e.g., HP, MANA, MOVE, etc.).

7. While I was at it, I standardized pens and writable paper. No more 4000 cp pieces of parchment for sale! The more durable the pen's material, or the higher the level of a pen for a given material, the longer it will last.

8. This has been ongoing for about a month now. If you didn't notice...that means I did a good job! If you see anything that you would consider glaringly incorrect or strange, or have any questions, please post or email me so I can take a look at it. I'm human, there were a LOT of numbers involved, I make mistakes.

9. Weapons are next. Cost is the only thing I'll touch for the vast majority of weapons - no messing with weights, materials, levels or averages! The only weapons that might get level or average tweaked are weapons that are for sale in shops, and that would only be to bring them in line with our already existing weapon standards. End state will be (hopefully) weapons for sale in shops that you'll want to buy, that are worth the coin you'll spend for them.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicItem Standardization: Armor, Pens, Parchment [View all] , Kastellyn, Mon 13-Feb-06 01:48 AM
Reply Moonstone gear in Evermoon, Astillian, 15-Feb-06 01:34 AM, #2
Reply RE: Moonstone gear in Evermoon, Kastellyn, 15-Feb-06 01:43 AM, #3
     Reply Modified, Kastellyn, 17-Mar-06 01:04 AM, #4
Reply Just a teeny reality thrown in., Bajula, 13-Feb-06 11:17 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #908 Previous topic | Next topic