Subject: "RE: October role contest winners!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2591
Show all folders

Derogker (Guest)Thu 12-Nov-09 05:00 PM

#2604, "RE: October role contest winners!"

I just now got to read this thread, I did something different with Derogker than I did with my other chars, I tried to make it a first person or "journal" type style.

Its really hard as Isildur said; no matter what style path you take, to come up with interesting growth related entries that enrich a character in my perspective is difficult.

I tried with the best of my writing ability to come up with something original and interesting to read. It was one sided in a sense to my God because I tried to model my role after my characters own thoughts, feelings and self awareness. I.E a priest of Grobbak being completely dedicated...fanatical even in a sense of the word with the religion.

I consider myself a fairly well educated individual, I have a degree in engineering but creative writing was never really my strong point. Of course some people are better writers than others and these are the people who are going to win role contests.

I guess whats important when facilitating a good role is taking the time to come up with an idea, developing upon that idea and then going from there. In the future I am going to try and address the "character growth" aspect and see what happens.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicOctober role contest winners! [View all] , Fjarn, Thu 22-Oct-09 09:19 PM
Reply Out of curiosity, why arnt all the RC rewards given out..., CD (Guest), 16-Nov-09 12:03 AM, #12
Reply RE: Out of curiosity, why arnt all the RC rewards given..., Fjarn, 16-Nov-09 10:19 PM, #13
Reply RE: October role contest winners!, Fjarn, 23-Oct-09 07:56 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks for everything and especially the feedback, Nerys (Guest), 24-Oct-09 06:14 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Thanks for everything and especially the feedback, Fjarn, 25-Oct-09 04:31 PM, #5
     Reply So, I'm assuming I was runner up to the runner ups? Th..., Stevers (Guest), 25-Oct-09 10:18 AM, #3
     Reply RE: October role contest winners!, Maldaris (Guest), 25-Oct-09 10:18 AM, #4
     Reply RE: October role contest winners!, Isildur, 31-Oct-09 12:41 PM, #6
          Reply I'm thinkin like this..., Arrna (Guest), 01-Nov-09 01:22 AM, #7
          Reply RE: I'm thinkin like this..., Isildur, 02-Nov-09 04:19 PM, #9
          Reply RE: October role contest winners!, Kalisda (Guest), 01-Nov-09 01:22 AM, #8
          Reply RE: October role contest winners!, Fjarn, 02-Nov-09 04:19 PM, #10
               Reply RE: October role contest winners!, Derogker (Guest), 14-Nov-09 03:57 PM #11
                    Reply RE: October role contest winners!, Fjarn, 16-Nov-09 10:19 PM, #14
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2591 Previous topic | Next topic