Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: October role contest winners!
I just now got to read this thread, I did something different with Derogker than I did with my other chars, I tried to make it a first person or "journal" type style.

Its really hard as Isildur said; no matter what style path you take, to come up with interesting growth related entries that enrich a character in my perspective is difficult.

I tried with the best of my writing ability to come up with something original and interesting to read. It was one sided in a sense to my God because I tried to model my role after my characters own thoughts, feelings and self awareness. I.E a priest of Grobbak being completely dedicated...fanatical even in a sense of the word with the religion.

I consider myself a fairly well educated individual, I have a degree in engineering but creative writing was never really my strong point. Of course some people are better writers than others and these are the people who are going to win role contests.

I guess whats important when facilitating a good role is taking the time to come up with an idea, developing upon that idea and then going from there. In the future I am going to try and address the "character growth" aspect and see what happens.

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message