Subject: "Portals and Scouts" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Santa Umishuli 2023 Topic #130
Show all folders

Ragerer (Anonymous)Sat 30-Dec-23 01:27 PM
Charter member
#130, "Portals and Scouts"

Since a battlerager Scout's primary focus is scouring all the lands in search of mages and their skill set is avoiding magic entirely while doing so, I think it would make sense for a scout to be desensitized to the effects of portal sickness.

So my request is remove the portal sickness affect from Battle Scouts.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliWed 03-Jan-24 09:58 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#155, "Coal"
In response to Reply #0

For me - I don't think any Rager should be friendly towards using magic, which portals are. But I personally wouldn't mind something like - if you are a scout, and don't have spellbane or resist up, then your portal sickness is less painful than otherwise. But I don't think that matches the spirit of the request.

For Umi - he's totally against it as the creator of portal sickness and its purposes.

For those reasons, coal.

DallevianMon 01-Jan-24 03:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1620 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135, "Smart idea."
In response to Reply #0

I'd rather see it as an edge, personally, that gives a high likelihood of avoiding portal sickness but not 100%.

Jalim (Anonymous)Mon 01-Jan-24 05:59 PM
Charter member
#136, "If cabal edges were chooseable..."
In response to Reply #1

the idea is that scouts as a whole should have this ability, not one every once in a while. We went 21 years with portals having zero impact on villagers and things were just fine, there's no reason the weakest path can't have a perk.

Top General Discussions Santa Umishuli 2023 Topic #130 Previous topic | Next topic