Subject: "Wake *target*" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #338
Show all folders

StraklawTue 13-Dec-11 07:03 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#338, "Wake *target*"

In my years of CF, there's only three things I've EVER really seen wake used for.

1) Wake your groupmate so that you can run off to do something else, or bash mobs, etc.

2) Grief someone out of PK trying to rest (raids, etc).

3) wake;bash so that you can start combat w/ lag instead of them fleeing right away.

Number three always struck me as somewhat of an OOC use, though it's counterpart of resting (particularly bards) so that someone can't START the fight with lag is a secondary matter.

Therefore, my Santa Zulg request is this - Could it be changed such that when A wakes B, instead of B standing (why am I suddenly standing because I got woke up?), B gets put into resting instead?

Negates #3, mostly has no impact on #2, and #1 your main issue is groupmates being idiots anyways, hehe. If you PREFER that people have a means to start these sorts of fights with lag, perhaps anyone who is initiated against while resting/sleeping could have a chance to be lagged a small amount no matter what, due to being attacked while unprepared for a fight. This could be in addition, or in replacement of the damage bonus to attacking someone in these positions.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourTue 13-Dec-11 07:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#347, "Santa Zulg brings you coal (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #338 Previous topic | Next topic