Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Zulg 2011
Topic subjectWake *target*
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=71&topic_id=338
338, Wake *target*
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In my years of CF, there's only three things I've EVER really seen wake used for.

1) Wake your groupmate so that you can run off to do something else, or bash mobs, etc.

2) Grief someone out of PK trying to rest (raids, etc).

3) wake;bash so that you can start combat w/ lag instead of them fleeing right away.

Number three always struck me as somewhat of an OOC use, though it's counterpart of resting (particularly bards) so that someone can't START the fight with lag is a secondary matter.

Therefore, my Santa Zulg request is this - Could it be changed such that when A wakes B, instead of B standing (why am I suddenly standing because I got woke up?), B gets put into resting instead?

Negates #3, mostly has no impact on #2, and #1 your main issue is groupmates being idiots anyways, hehe. If you PREFER that people have a means to start these sorts of fights with lag, perhaps anyone who is initiated against while resting/sleeping could have a chance to be lagged a small amount no matter what, due to being attacked while unprepared for a fight. This could be in addition, or in replacement of the damage bonus to attacking someone in these positions.
347, Santa Zulg brings you coal (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t