Subject: "Santa Zulg changes item destruction" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #280
Show all folders

ZulghinlourSun 11-Dec-11 10:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#280, "Santa Zulg changes item destruction"

Monk's post about making respond a bit more player-friendly got me thinking, and here are the results...

- Items that would be destroyed are now Broken. This affects weapon breaker, shifter shatter, shield cleave, deflect shield, twist, stoneshatter, paladin respond, dent, acid storm & acid rooms.
- You can repair broken items at any shopkeeper who would normally buy that type of item
- The cost of repair is determined by the item limit & item level (higher level, lower limit = higher repair cost)
- You can't use items that are broken (when they become broken, they will instantly drop into your inventory)
- With these changes I improved the success rate of shield cleave, weapon breaker and deflect shield.
- I improved the damage when dent breaks something, and added an affect based on material type

See HELP BROKEN

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My only concern, Zephon, 13-Dec-11 09:20 PM, #18
Reply RE: My only concern, Zulghinlour, 13-Dec-11 09:20 PM, #19
     Reply Just a thought:, _Magus_, 14-Dec-11 11:36 PM, #22
Reply I don't play so my opinion doesn't count. Having said t..., Graatch, 13-Dec-11 01:22 AM, #16
Reply RE: I don't play so my opinion doesn't count. Having sa..., Zulghinlour, 13-Dec-11 01:23 AM, #17
     Reply You can't say Graatch doesn't have perspective, Oldril, 14-Dec-11 11:36 PM, #21
Reply RE: Santa Zulg changes item destruction, GrahamC, 12-Dec-11 03:58 PM, #12
Reply 2 quick questions about this code....., Gaplemo, 12-Dec-11 03:54 PM, #8
Reply Neither are changed (n/t), Zulghinlour, 12-Dec-11 03:56 PM, #11
Reply Does this work on mobs too?, Gaspar, 12-Dec-11 03:04 PM, #6
Reply Thank you Santa Z, great Christmas gift! n/t, Obaznuk, 12-Dec-11 03:04 PM, #5
Reply That's.... awesome. Nicely done. nt, Wayward Knight, 12-Dec-11 03:21 AM, #4
Reply Add-on idea to this, Straklaw, 12-Dec-11 03:21 AM, #3
Reply In the future you will likely see thigns like this (n/t..., Zulghinlour, 12-Dec-11 03:55 PM, #10
Reply Curious but..., Torak, 12-Dec-11 03:21 AM, #2
Reply bleh, Scarabaeus, 12-Dec-11 03:54 PM, #7
     Reply Agreed (n/t), Zulghinlour, 12-Dec-11 03:54 PM, #9
     Reply RE: bleh, Daevryn, 12-Dec-11 04:02 PM, #13
     Reply That combo is OP, Scrimbul, 13-Dec-11 10:18 PM, #20
     Reply Sorry, Torak, 12-Dec-11 09:58 PM, #14
     Reply Compromise?, fist-law, 12-Dec-11 11:33 PM, #15
Reply Thank you very much for this great change. nt, Artificial, 11-Dec-11 11:57 PM, #1

ZephonTue 13-Dec-11 09:16 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#349, "My only concern"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 13-Dec-11 09:20 PM

How will this work for outlanders? It probably would be fitting for them to have someone to barter with to fix them.
Perhaps even at a reduced repair cost since you have to barter for it. I'm unsure.
Some other cabals it would make sense for too. But all other cabals dont have the same restrictions.

Unless there is already a mob for that for outlanders. I honestly dont know.

I definitely like the idea though.

Edit: Formatting

ZulghinlourTue 13-Dec-11 09:20 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#351, "RE: My only concern"
In response to Reply #18

>How will this work for outlanders?

Brought up during my conversations with a few different Immortals, and I'm working on a solution for them right now.

_Magus_Wed 14-Dec-11 10:17 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#377, "Just a thought:"
In response to Reply #19

Maybe allow Outlanders to somehow do it magically through the tree for free, but add in some rather glaring drawbacks: Request-like lag and must be visible. Perhaps add in a success rate percentage too, so it doesn't work every time either.

Maybe allow subvert or vandalize to double as an intimidation tactic at the appropriate store? That would allow some room for failure/success rates, since they'd be getting repairs for free. Not sure what the goodie option for this would be.

GraatchTue 13-Dec-11 12:16 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#328, "I don't play so my opinion doesn't count. Having said t..."
In response to Reply #0

This is yet another step away from what cf has been - and what should be cherished - and toward world of warcraft. The whole concept of "like that sword? You'll have to kill that guy to get it!" or whatever the phrase is that is listed in the cf description is cheapened yet again. These item breaking skills, few and far between as they were, were part of the gear rotation process; the best example being the stoneform amulet and stoneshatter. But all those weapons the axe spec breaks, or the shifter shattered, etc., were available for someone else to get, perhaps someone not in that person's range who would otherwise never had the opportunity for that item.

I don't get a vote but I think it's a bad idea and I'd change it back.

ZulghinlourTue 13-Dec-11 01:23 AM
9792 posts
#329, "RE: I don't play so my opinion doesn't count. Having sa..."
In response to Reply #16

>The whole concept of "like that sword? You'll have to kill that
>guy to get it!" or whatever the phrase is that is listed in
>the cf description is cheapened yet again.

Cheapened...right...because now you actually have to kill them instead of just destroy their gear and then go kill the mob to get that piece of gear back.

OldrilWed 14-Dec-11 09:55 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#375, "You can't say Graatch doesn't have perspective"
In response to Reply #17

I mean look how long he waited for the pendant heh

GrahamCMon 12-Dec-11 03:57 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2006
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#315, "RE: Santa Zulg changes item destruction"
In response to Reply #0

splendid move sir

GaplemoMon 12-Dec-11 03:49 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#311, "2 quick questions about this code....."
In response to Reply #0

First off, progging weapons. Will weapons like the Axe of Mel-Kartha break items now, or will it still destroy them?

Second question, will the Disentigrate power/skill also go with this code? E.g. There is a certain mob in the game that shoots beams of light at you, destroying an item each time. Will this now break the items instead of destroying it?

All in all, super awesome code changes, very good for CF imo. Thanks!

ZulghinlourMon 12-Dec-11 03:56 PM
9792 posts
#314, "Neither are changed (n/t)"
In response to Reply #8

n/t

GasparMon 12-Dec-11 02:37 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#308, "Does this work on mobs too?"
In response to Reply #0

Example:

When taking down the kuo-toa king, makes it easier to cleave his shield if you just want the sword so he's not always snatching your weapons. Will this still work?

ObaznukMon 12-Dec-11 02:08 PM
Member since 27th Oct 2003
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#307, "Thank you Santa Z, great Christmas gift! n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Wayward KnightMon 12-Dec-11 02:57 AM
Member since 06th Jan 2010
129 posts
#294, "That's.... awesome. Nicely done. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

StraklawMon 12-Dec-11 01:07 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#292, "Add-on idea to this"
In response to Reply #0

Whether dwarven inherent-style, warrior-esque edge, or specifically a quest ability, it seems certain characters might be suitable to learn how to repair weapons/armor themselves (perhaps using a forge?)

ZulghinlourMon 12-Dec-11 03:55 PM
9792 posts
#313, "In the future you will likely see thigns like this (n/t..."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

TorakMon 12-Dec-11 01:07 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#291, "Curious but..."
In response to Reply #0

Possible for this to also affect the other two "griefers" abilities of fashion war banner and demons looting? Maybe they break a bunch of items instead of stealing/destroying them?

ScarabaeusMon 12-Dec-11 03:41 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#310, "bleh"
In response to Reply #2

The war banner incorporates looted items into a single war banner item, so breaking them wouldn't make much sense.

Demons want your pies, not to step on your pies.

ZulghinlourMon 12-Dec-11 03:54 PM
9792 posts
#312, "Agreed (n/t)"
In response to Reply #7

n/t

DaevrynMon 12-Dec-11 04:02 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#316, "RE: bleh"
In response to Reply #7

I totally want to see the pie-stomping demon added to the game.

Morosa, Harmentia, Challegha, Mors-Gravis, and Pie-Stomper.

ScrimbulTue 13-Dec-11 10:09 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#352, "That combo is OP"
In response to Reply #13

Beer elemental and Pie-stomper.

TorakMon 12-Dec-11 09:41 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#325, "Sorry"
In response to Reply #7

Just given that my last conjurer got crap for having looting demons last time (they thought I stole all the weapons!), I felt bad for the newbies. Wouldn't change my world much.

Getting soft with age I guess.

fist-lawMon 12-Dec-11 10:37 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2011
149 posts
#326, "Compromise?"
In response to Reply #7

How about you lose 1 weapon when a demon molests your corpse, instead of all your stuff. This change would help newbies the most, but I'll admit I'd be a fan of it for myself as well.

As far as the banner, maybe give it some kind of limit as to what it takes? Perhaps it won't take more than one of any specific item type (with containers being a no-no altogether).

ArtificialSun 11-Dec-11 11:21 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#283, "Thank you very much for this great change. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #280 Previous topic | Next topic