Subject: "I don't want to criticize area writers..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #241
Show all folders

TMNSThu 08-Dec-11 01:29 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#241, "I don't want to criticize area writers..."

...but can you please make it so there is more than like 4 shoppies in the entire past? It tends to make me mad that when you run out of food in the past most of the time you have to run back to Hamsah/Galadon/wherever and stock back up.

Would it be too much to ask for a smattering of all shoppies in the past? Just make one of each type? IE 1 more armorer 1 more weaponsmith (I don't think anyone even uses the shoppies in Ostalagiah unless they are killing them) 1 food vendor 1 drink/misc vendor ALREADY HAVE POTION VENDOR(s).

I mean crap, you could even make that crazy wizard in the Shadow Grove building the tower have like a tiny little alchemist in the back of his cottage that sells cool stuff.

Basically, my request is more cool/useful shoppies in the past.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourSun 11-Dec-11 03:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#267, "Santa Zulg brings you coal"
In response to Reply #0

But Santa Thror might listen.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

HammerSongSun 11-Dec-11 05:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#275, "RE: Santa Zulg brings you coal"
In response to Reply #1

I'm listening...

Been meaning to add a few more things to the Ostalagiah area. Damndable Christmas spirit!

TMNSSun 11-Dec-11 10:02 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#277, "Yay!"
In response to Reply #2

Well, for one thing, there's a potion vendor and a armorer/weaponsmith in the past Ostalagiah. Potion vendor is cool (and I won't say why for obvious reasons) and the armor/weapon stuff is ... alright, I guess (those nice divine power stone maces for one).

But my biggest pet peeve is to my knowledge, there isn't a single person in the past Ostalagiah or otherwise that sells food/water/supplies. Not to mention, several aspects of past Ostalagiah don't necessary give with the present Ostalagiah. Doctor in the shrine in the present for one. Maybe tweak the area and add something in the past where that guy is?

Perhaps add something like a wandering Galadonian merchant? Or maybe have those dwarven merchants on the wagon road sell something (I know as a newbie I was so confused why a mob named "dwarf merchant" had nothing to sell...and that goes for all "merchant" mobs)? Whatever you add, I'll be happy

I don't know I'm just glad you're thinking about it I love the past areas and I'd like to think it's one of the few areas of the game I know like the back of my hand for the most part.

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #241 Previous topic | Next topic