Subject: "Incentive to Offline Characters" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #121
Show all folders

RealSheaTue 29-Nov-11 03:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#121, "Incentive to Offline Characters"

There are some spell effects that last a really really long time, raise dead, some inherants, plague, etc.

While in the scope of a single session, those timers make sense because it prevents powergameyness, when I've logged off for a day or two and come back, it really sucks to have to wait an additional 10 minutes to conjure a demon, or raise a corpse or use a stoneskin inherant or class enabled shield spell. It'd be more fun to jump in right away.

So: I would propose that affected skills/spells get wiped out if your character has been logged off for 12 hours or more.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourSun 11-Dec-11 10:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#279, "Long-Term: Incentive to Offline Characters"
In response to Reply #0

Since you've posted this three times now, always wondering if you remembered I figure I'll unqueue it so you can stop.

>There are some spell effects that last a really really long
>time, raise dead, some inherants, plague, etc.
>
>While in the scope of a single session, those timers make
>sense because it prevents powergameyness, when I've logged off
>for a day or two and come back, it really sucks to have to
>wait an additional 10 minutes to conjure a demon, or raise a
>corpse or use a stoneskin inherant or class enabled shield
>spell. It'd be more fun to jump in right away.
>
>So: I would propose that affected skills/spells get wiped out
>if your character has been logged off for 12 hours or more.

While I think there some possibilities here, making something like plauge or thornheart go away because you logged out isn't going to happen. Otherwise the moment I get plagued, I'll just run somewhere and quit and go play my other guy until tomorrow.

The timers for things like animate dead and conjurations is a possibility, so you can just get back into it when you log in next.

All that said, I'm moving it to long-term to think about a bit more before doing anything with it.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #121 Previous topic | Next topic