Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Zulg 2011
Topic subjectIncentive to Offline Characters
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=71&topic_id=121
121, Incentive to Offline Characters
Posted by RealShea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are some spell effects that last a really really long time, raise dead, some inherants, plague, etc.

While in the scope of a single session, those timers make sense because it prevents powergameyness, when I've logged off for a day or two and come back, it really sucks to have to wait an additional 10 minutes to conjure a demon, or raise a corpse or use a stoneskin inherant or class enabled shield spell. It'd be more fun to jump in right away.

So: I would propose that affected skills/spells get wiped out if your character has been logged off for 12 hours or more.
279, Long-Term: Incentive to Offline Characters
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since you've posted this three times now, always wondering if you remembered I figure I'll unqueue it so you can stop.

>There are some spell effects that last a really really long
>time, raise dead, some inherants, plague, etc.
>
>While in the scope of a single session, those timers make
>sense because it prevents powergameyness, when I've logged off
>for a day or two and come back, it really sucks to have to
>wait an additional 10 minutes to conjure a demon, or raise a
>corpse or use a stoneskin inherant or class enabled shield
>spell. It'd be more fun to jump in right away.
>
>So: I would propose that affected skills/spells get wiped out
>if your character has been logged off for 12 hours or more.

While I think there some possibilities here, making something like plauge or thornheart go away because you logged out isn't going to happen. Otherwise the moment I get plagued, I'll just run somewhere and quit and go play my other guy until tomorrow.

The timers for things like animate dead and conjurations is a possibility, so you can just get back into it when you log in next.

All that said, I'm moving it to long-term to think about a bit more before doing anything with it.