Subject: "Next age?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #676
Show all folders

RetanThu 15-Jan-15 02:31 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
218 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#676, "Next age?"

So in my wonderful timing of playing and not playing I always seem to miss the coming of a new age.

What sparks the coming of a new age?

What are the effects of a dawning of a new age?

Can we expect to see a new age in the near future?

I have often wondered this and with the more recent events (azuretouched, almost ruin of Scion, hell re-opening) I got my hopes up about finally seeing a new age happen, but I have lost those hopes because of the lack of quests and such. Any information about this stuff would be interesting to me.

I feel like I could see a massive back story forming and a
re-grouping/reforming of the various cabals based on the fact that several people have expressed the idea of removing cabals and such because of player base dropping.

Just some random thoughts and ideas while being bored at work.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironMon 26-Jan-15 06:33 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#677, "RE: Next age?"
In response to Reply #0

I'm probably not the best person to field this question given that I was not around for a number of the transitions between ages, but I'll try.

Historically, it looks like a "new age" was often used to make changes too large in scale to simply reboot the MUD and be done with it. This might include major code changes, heavy change-ups in cabals, or major changes in policy.

And then of course there is our current age which is the result of a hosting snafu and was not deliberate.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a new age any time soon. The short version being that there simply is not likely to be a need either from a IC narrative standpoint or a technical one, that I know of, in the near future.

TorakThu 29-Jan-15 11:27 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#678, "One side that is interesting..."
In response to Reply #1

... is the clean slate. Wipeouts make for some really interesting times - the low-end fighting is a blast before gear or powers really kicks in.

Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #676 Previous topic | Next topic