Subject: "Tracking leaders & cabalwars over time" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2007 Topic #220
Show all folders

GinGaThu 29-Nov-07 12:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#220, "Tracking leaders & cabalwars over time"
Edited on Sun 02-Dec-07 01:31 PM

Back before the leaders command, people were keeping track of leaders new and old on the history and events board. That 'old leaders' list was absolutely great for trying to place stories in a CF timeline. You could look up to see how inducted you/who lead the enemy at the time and use it as a time reference for everything else.

Since we've stopped updating it, but have the leaders command, I was wondering if there was some sort of automatic archiving we could do in reference to 'who lead when'. Each time someone gets onto the leaders command, could we get them added to some kind of history? It doesn't even have to be published often, just every now and again so we can look 6 months back and think 'aahhh, it was good against Aeria's gang. She twisted my nipples like a whore from hell.'

And the old battle leaders history is still awesomely nostalgic.

Cheers.

Yhorian

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourMon 10-Nov-08 10:34 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#227, "Added November 2008 (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ZulghinlourSat 01-Dec-07 01:35 AM
9792 posts
#221, "RE: The Leader records."
In response to Reply #0

This is something I've been slowly working on (a way to track the cabalwars, and the previous leaders of CF). I'll leave it here as a reminder. My current thoughts are for it to be done via automated forum posting much like the death angel, but I haven't had a chance to dig into it further.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

GinGaSat 01-Dec-07 03:04 AM
996 posts
#222, "Thanks very much."
In response to Reply #1

Your a star.

Yhorian

Top Santa Zulg 2007 Topic #220 Previous topic | Next topic