Subject: "Dual-wield improvements" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2007 Topic #215
Show all folders

TacFri 30-Nov-07 11:49 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#215, "Dual-wield improvements"
Edited on Sun 23-Dec-07 10:18 PM

As in, allow people to "dual <weapon>" even if their main hand is empty. For easy(er) hand to hand practice mostly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourMon 10-Nov-08 10:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#226, "Added November 2008 (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ZulghinlourSun 23-Dec-07 10:20 PM
9792 posts
#216, "RE: Dual-wield improvements"
In response to Reply #0

>As in, allow people to "dual <weapon>" even if their main
>hand is empty. For easy(er) hand to hand practice mostly.

Moving to long-term projects. I need to sit down and figure out how to make this happen, since I know it won't work properly as the code exists today (defenses get all wonky, and some attacks won't even fire).

TacMon 24-Dec-07 09:24 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#217, "Hrmmm...."
In response to Reply #1

How does it work now when you get your main wield disarmed, but still have your dual wield? Does it suffer from the same problems as above (defenses wonky, etc.) or does the code handle that gracefully enough that you could trick it into thinking that situation was going on when you are just dualing without a mainhand? Just an idea. I don't know how well the code handles it now, just that getting disarmed is a tricksy way to use hth without giving up so much offense because you can still use dual wield.

ZulghinlourMon 24-Dec-07 11:50 AM
9792 posts
#218, "RE: Hrmmm...."
In response to Reply #2

>How does it work now when you get your main wield disarmed,
>but still have your dual wield? Does it suffer from the same
>problems as above (defenses wonky, etc.)

Exactly.

WildGirlMon 24-Dec-07 07:08 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#219, "RE: Hrmmm...."
In response to Reply #3

I think it may have been with balance of the sisters, but I know that I've definitely been mainhand disarmed and still been able to parry. Don't know if that helps, if it's broken, or whatever, but there you go

Top Santa Zulg 2007 Topic #215 Previous topic | Next topic