Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Zulg 2007
Topic subjectDual-wield improvements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=215
215, Dual-wield improvements
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As in, allow people to "dual <weapon>" even if their main hand is empty. For easy(er) hand to hand practice mostly.
226, Added November 2008 (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
216, RE: Dual-wield improvements
>As in, allow people to "dual <weapon>" even if their main
>hand is empty. For easy(er) hand to hand practice mostly.

Moving to long-term projects. I need to sit down and figure out how to make this happen, since I know it won't work properly as the code exists today (defenses get all wonky, and some attacks won't even fire).
217, Hrmmm....
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How does it work now when you get your main wield disarmed, but still have your dual wield? Does it suffer from the same problems as above (defenses wonky, etc.) or does the code handle that gracefully enough that you could trick it into thinking that situation was going on when you are just dualing without a mainhand? Just an idea. I don't know how well the code handles it now, just that getting disarmed is a tricksy way to use hth without giving up so much offense because you can still use dual wield.
218, RE: Hrmmm....
>How does it work now when you get your main wield disarmed,
>but still have your dual wield? Does it suffer from the same
>problems as above (defenses wonky, etc.)

Exactly.
219, RE: Hrmmm....
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it may have been with balance of the sisters, but I know that I've definitely been mainhand disarmed and still been able to parry. Don't know if that helps, if it's broken, or whatever, but there you go