Subject: "A question not related to efficient naps" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9876
Show all folders

prsWed 10-Aug-05 12:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
121 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9876, "A question not related to efficient naps"

But related to tick change. Honestly, I missed the thread (just like Nepenthe ), so a thousand times sorry if this was already answered.

I have time in my prompt, but not for efficient sleeping. The reason is different.

Imagine that I am retrieving alone against a lowbie who stands at the outer spamming "get 1" expecting a disarm. Naturally, I try to keep the outer blinded. Let's assume that I only have dirt kicking for that.

The change of hour in my prompt signals to me that the outer will wipe dirt in a round, so I won't do a flurry, nor will I do a pincer. I will wait and kick dirt as soon as that happens, because I am warned.

This is applicable to PK as well (short-diration skills like dirt kick or entwine), so, in Nepenthe's words, it's about the ####ing killing. And guess what? I used to rely on that heavily while it worked. (well, in all honestly I have to admit that it perhaps helped me to land a couple of kills in a couple fo years, so no big deal in numbers, but a big deal in confidence level).

I think the ability to predict a moment when affects next wear off was useful. Any comments on that?

Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheWed 10-Aug-05 01:09 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9878, "Useful, but not the way things were meant to be."
In response to Reply #0

Although that would have been a much stronger argument for me than the sleep thing, I still don't want to enforce time in prompt to be really competitive.

prsWed 10-Aug-05 02:09 PM
121 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9879, "I remember I played CF before the prompt was made custo..."
In response to Reply #1

And it was still playable, so I'll just have to recall how I did it then.
I have a couple of ideas on the dirt kick-entwine stuff, but I'd rather keep them for later when all the emotions are normal again.

incognitoWed 10-Aug-05 03:46 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9881, "What about randomising dirt kick duration in pulses?"
In response to Reply #1

So that it lasts 1 to 5 rounds, say, rather than being wiped on the tick?

Evil Genius (inactive user)Wed 10-Aug-05 06:38 PM
Charter member
#9883, "Or fixed # of rounds since tick is random n/t"
In response to Reply #3

>So that it lasts 1 to 5 rounds, say, rather than being wiped
>on the tick?

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9876 Previous topic | Next topic