Subject: "Acrobatics" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #883
Show all folders

RomanulFri 25-Apr-03 12:39 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
114 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#883, "Acrobatics"

Well, I wonder if it would be possible to code in a toggle whereby the player could toggle this ability on/off. Now, I know everything with you guys is give and take , so I figured for the extra versatility you could make each 'flip' cost ~ 30 mvs. I mean those flips would get tiring after a while, and it would make acro a little less 'cheesy'.

That said, neo thieves really do have a little more pinnache as Valg would say, or coolness or whatever than old thieves, even if they lack the brute force. Nice work on them.

Romanul.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I dont think brute force ever was thief-like. So it is ..., ATK, 25-Apr-03 04:40 AM, #3
Reply No they weren't, Xaannix, 26-Apr-03 02:31 PM, #4
     Reply Have you read the Bhagavan logs?, Young Nastyman, 26-Apr-03 03:13 PM, #5
          Reply Hi, Romanul, 27-Apr-03 12:30 AM, #6
          Reply Well, of course., Valguarnera, 27-Apr-03 01:45 AM, #7
          Reply I read them but i dont need to, Xaannix, 27-Apr-03 05:45 AM, #8
Reply Why would you ever want this off? (n/t), Zulghinlour, 25-Apr-03 02:19 AM, #1
     Reply Heh, I knew you'd ask, and know you wont like my answer..., Romanul, 25-Apr-03 03:17 AM, #2

ATKFri 25-Apr-03 04:40 AM
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#887, "I dont think brute force ever was thief-like. So it is ..."
In response to Reply #0

Before the change thieves were much like backstabbing warrios with steal.

ATK

XaannixSat 26-Apr-03 02:31 PM
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#892, "No they weren't"
In response to Reply #3

A warrior would still tool you after soaking up the backstab.

Young NastymanSat 26-Apr-03 03:13 PM
22 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#893, "Have you read the Bhagavan logs?"
In response to Reply #4

backstab, dual backstab, trip trip trip trip trip

If you're relying on lag-attacks after the initial opener it's a brute force class. Warrior w/steal is apt.

RomanulSun 27-Apr-03 12:30 AM
114 posts
#895, "Hi"
In response to Reply #5

>backstab, dual backstab, trip trip trip trip trip
>
>If you're relying on lag-attacks after the initial opener it's a >brute force class. Warrior w/steal is apt.

Thats because 90% of a thief pk occurs before the fight starts. Its all about having a nice set, being hasted, and some shield/stoneksin doesnt hurt either. Once in the fight itself, all you need to do is prevent them from fleeing and thats that. Lets not even throw in blind/curse scrolls...anyone who isnt flying deserves whatever is coming to them.

If your not hasted, after that dual backstab the hero arial sword spec is going to parry 100% of what you have coming, hitting you with riposts in the process. Ugly. Lets not even talk about how taking away dual backstab and giving warriors huge hp gains from 41-->51 affects the matchup between thieves vs warriors at hero. Personally, I dont give a ####, it just makes it harder and more of a challenge to kill people.

Romanul.

ValguarneraSun 27-Apr-03 01:45 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#896, "Well, of course."
In response to Reply #6

If your not hasted, after that dual backstab the hero arial sword spec is going to parry 100% of what you have coming, hitting you with riposts in the process. Ugly. Lets not even talk about how taking away dual backstab and giving warriors huge hp gains from 41-->51 affects the matchup between thieves vs warriors at hero.

In a straight-up fight, of course the warrior is going to beat you down. All of their skills are aimed at straight-up fights. Thieves have all sorts of utility so they can beat people down by more creative means.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

XaannixSun 27-Apr-03 05:45 AM
499 posts
#897, "I read them but i dont need to"
In response to Reply #5

ive played a lot of thieves. I had 2 super decked out ones. Before the warriors got super hp past 40, it was easy killing them. After that, it became a lot harder, since you would take a warrior to gushing and not hit him once after the backstab, and he would proceed to bash/cranial/pincher. You took a felar warrior to gushing but he had 1200 hp to start, so gushing for him was 600 hp. Thats nearly as much as you, as a thief, had.

Dual stabbing an axe spec, you better kill him or be damn close, unless hes got very sucky gear in which case, you can just trip. Ive stabbed cloud warriors before for 600-700 hp and nearly died to them after that.

I do agree with you however, it was brute force...But nowhere near a warrior (with steal ). Just about all classes tooled you if you took them in a straight up fight. SHaman, paladin, warriors, invokers etc. You had to be clever and sneaky as well as an opportunist.

Also if you landed one sick backstab, the person would just flee and quaff, while you wait for the lag to wear off...

ZulghinlourFri 25-Apr-03 02:19 AM
9792 posts
#884, "Why would you ever want this off? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

RomanulFri 25-Apr-03 03:17 AM
114 posts
#885, "Heh, I knew you'd ask, and know you wont like my answer..."
In response to Reply #1

Well, my main reason is to practice cheap shot on other thieves after I get acro. However, I was also thinking of several scenarios where I would want people wasting their commands 'trying' to lag me..ie me being enlarged, they are bashing, thinking they are going to permalag me..etc.

Romanul.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #883 Previous topic | Next topic