Subject: "Since we are throwing out Cabal ideas: :D" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8549
Show all folders

Psektos (inactive user)Tue 10-May-05 02:05 PM
Charter member
#8549, "Since we are throwing out Cabal ideas: :D"

Cabal of Mercantilism

Area Name: The Caravan Stop

Item: The Platinum Ledgers

Restrictions: any alignment, any class, any race.

Powers:

1) Activate Gate:
-a merchant of the Mercantilism Cabal can pay a fee to the gatekeepers, in the major settlements the cabal has established a gate, to have a single person gated to another city with the gate.

-only major settlements may have a gate, and a gate can be shut down if not up kept via a yearly cabal charge.

-cost of the gate is based on how many adventures(players) call the settlement their hometown.

-setting up a gate has a cost and there is a yearly cost of upkeep based on the amount of use the gate sees.

-settlements are payed their upkeep based on amount starting with the largest sum owed to the smallest and any unpaid costs sees the gate taken down.

-local populations (mobs) have free access to the gate but those of the cabal must pay a fee to send someone through equivalent to the person’s level times a hundred copper.

2) Enhanced Haggle:
-better at bartering, trading, buying and selling. Dependant on both inspect goods and haggle current ability.

3) Alarm Cry:
-settlement guards realize the value of a skilled merchant and will run protect such a valuable commodity when they are in the settlement. Merchant is required to pay for the cost of their protection.

-only functions in settlements that have a gate.

-there is an immediate cost which the merchant must be able to pay from ready funds otherwise no guards will show up.

-any guards that die in the defence of the merchant adds to the upkeep fee at the end of the year the Cabal must pay.

4) Commodity Specialization:
-a member of the Mercantile Cabal can pick a specific type of commodity that he will be able to have enhanced by the artisans of the Caravan Stop.

-only very specific types can be specialized in: pills, potions, herbs, food, wands, torso armour(around body, waist, on body), jewelry(rings, neck-ware), legs( boots, leggings), head gear(face and head), specialized gear(race specific armour),exotic weapons, staves and spears, whips and flails, polearms, axes, blades(daggers and swords), maces, etcetera.

-not ALWAYS successful in improving items, can even end up destroying them, depends on Cabal members skill in this and how much he has in his Cabal bank account.

-the member’s cabal account will be drained accordingly for the results of the alteration.

5) Bank Of Mercantilism:
-private accounts earn interest but must pay a percentage into the larger cabal account.

-cabal account drained yearly for maintenance of gates and willingness of settlements to allow their guards to serve.

-commodity alteration dependant on current account standing(more money in account the more the Artisans feel driven to help improve an item)

6) Relocating the Stop:
-only the Cabal leader can do this and it allows him to move the caravan to any wilderness location near a city or village.

-the cost of movement will be deducted from the cabal account so moving the Stop best be done with that in mind.

Other stuff:

___To tie in with this I think it would be a good idea to make an economic change to allow players of any level to purchase things. Of course there would be a prohibition via a cost elevation possibly like: (standard cost of item)+(standard cost of item)*(level of item/100).
Cost elevation only applies if you are lower level than the item you want to purchase.

___Also since some Dwarves can smithy, I think giving Gnomes gem cutting or something similar would help a lot. There are a lot of gems out there. Add to that maybe a jeweler type skill for someone would be nice. Maybe Fela could be leatherworkers or weavers, since Blackhawk’s composition seems to support this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorThu 12-May-05 01:57 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8620, "I don't think a merchant cabal is a good idea. Merchant..."
In response to Reply #0

In my opinion, merchants organizing to guilds in somewhat similar fashion as thieves do would be a much better idea. Cabal would be rather far-fetched and a bit unrealistic IMHO, as I don't see cabal as the way the merchants operate. The merchant guild(joining the guild would require a large entry fee, like 200 gold or so..), however, could be a good idea.

Psektos (inactive user)Wed 11-May-05 11:41 AM
Charter member
#8555, "Hey! How about some feedback? Puhleease?"
In response to Reply #0

This is the kind of thing that draws me into playing a character. So how about some feedback? Anything from "STFU Psektos" to "Hey interesting idea how about adding XXX to make ti more feasible."

Really curious if something like this would fit in with CF or if it was/is too touchy feely icky for a dark and nasty game. I really care not if the response is Imm or player. I would love both but hearing what the majority of players envision for CF would make me a better player too.

Thanks!

Nivek1Wed 11-May-05 11:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#8556, "You have some interesting ideas."
In response to Reply #1

Not something I would personally go for, but keep throwing them out there.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8549 Previous topic | Next topic