Subject: "Warder Power (Empathy/Trepidation)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #773
Show all folders

RacliMon 14-Apr-03 09:29 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#773, "Warder Power (Empathy/Trepidation)"
Edited on Mon 14-Apr-03 10:17 AM

Playing an evil Ranger and got these powers called me. Now I understand them working on a human coming from the city and now feeling empathy for a creature he's never cared about before, or having trapidation affect him... but for a ranger that's in the woods fo most of his life, I dont feel it should have an affect on him. I'm just not a fan of the cabal or the skills (having played a few chars in it) at all, but this is really something I didn't expect to have an affect on my char, no bias inclued.

Decided to add why I dont like Warder powers. Like everyone has said, theydont even have to be in your PK range, but that's a minor issue, as there aren't too may rank 15 caballed people. My big beef is that I dont like ranking, at all. So now every time I try to gain I gotta ambush myself, and then it takes forever and two days to heal back up. I've been hassled for a RL hour by the same person (dont check for fires anymore? Go kill duergar in your range? Look for other more important defilers?) in Emerald, but they haven't made a single step into the dark woods to kill the huntsman guarding the sylph chained to the altar. I dont know...

Gonna stop rambling now, but I just wanted to know WHY you all of a sudden feel this great empathy and maybe that will explain why rangers are still affected by it.

--SIG
Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights make a left

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheMon 14-Apr-03 12:11 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#778, "Two things:"
In response to Reply #0

First, the possibility of evil or simply anti-Sylvan wilderness characters were something we thought about in designing and balancing these powers. I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but this isn't something we simply overlooked. There are angles (potentially in your favor) that you might not be seeing yet.

Second, a skilled (or even competent and willing to team up with Sylvan's enemies) enemy ranger is probably one of any Sylvan's worst nightmares, and if it's not, it should be. Let them fuel your character's hatred and work your way up. Payback, they say, is a bitch.

Young NastymanMon 14-Apr-03 10:25 AM
22 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#774, "I can see your point, to an extent"
In response to Reply #0

Sylvan powers should be less useful against races/classes that are "in tune" with nature in much the same fashion that say primordial vengeance is less effective against certain races/classes. Rangers/druids and wood-elves should either get ubersaves against Sylvan powers or have the effects reduced. A wood-elf ranger should be damn near impossible to get these powers on in my opinion.

That said, it's been awhile since I've had these powers used on me, but I believe bioempathy was changed to be mental damage right? If that's the case you can easily prep for that. Another option is to rank somewhere less well guarded. Emerald definitely is not the place to rank if you want to be left alone by warders, but there are definitely other options for a ranger where they are less likely to be harrassed because Warders just don't travel that far out from the Eastern Road vicinity. The third option is to take their sapling and give it to Scion or Empire (if and when that comes to fruition).

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #773 Previous topic | Next topic