Subject: "Mackle, "cheating" and more" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74818
Show all folders

blueberry (Anonymous)Sun 05-Nov-23 06:16 AM
Charter member
#74818, "Mackle, "cheating" and more"

So. Mackle is a natural born lier, and will deny everything, and lie and make everything look likes he is innocent. I saw old post on Dios where mackle had same problems as he has this day, and back then he used same tactic. Just look at how many chars he got denied the last year alone.

Let me start with the beginning. I wrote to mackle on discord when he played odaza (right about then he became a mummy) We began to talk and quickly we shared alot of information ooc.

I cant remember how many chars i had before i rolled up a duergar warrior that we arrange ooc should become war master since odaza was emperor. Odaza helped my warrior with gear and weapons and gold and was all arranged ooc, and i ended up bein war master with odaza as emperor.

I then took a break from cf, and returned about a year later and i rolled up a imperial assassin and joined empire. Deleted after i saw the change to the class and then one guy wrote to me in discord ( i return to this later)

I then made Mlivera, and mackle had drogathar. and before that i played around with conjurers for a while.

We got promoted about the same time to elites and sect leaders.

The guy that wrote me in discord was the player behind the imperial shaman (Tevo) He outed himself to me and we talked about my assassin that i deleted, quickly we both knew who played who and once a vote for the throne was called, he begged me for the vote for weeks. I then told the guy that i would vote drogathar, since he was a duergar whip spec, and he could easy kill me. (hint where the phase came from)

I informed mackle ooc about tevo wanting the vote, but i promised mackle i would vote for drogathar Mackle asked me directly ooc if he could count on my vote, and i said yes. I diddent offer him the vote like he make it sound like, it was all arranged ooc in discord.

I kept my promise and voted for drogathar, and tevo deleted shortly after losing vote, and was quite upset about me not voting for him OOC.

Right before i deleted Mlivera, i gave strange brackers to drogathar, but deleted with the hide of tiamat, which made mackle upset, since he wanted that to.

Fast forward to orctober shifter month.

Mackle wanted to get cato and an offensive form, and ive helped him at least 3 times to reach his final form, and when i asked for his help he began to lie and became an idiot. I called him out and said he was basicly a selfish idiot, and he blocked me.

Mackle had ooc arrangement with others and often said you can join me and this guy that logs on soon. when i asked him to rank up shifters.

Mackle is ooc friends with that perma orc dude. Hint why his chars always have close relationship with the orcs.

Mackle chars always have good gear at low levels, and that is because his ooc buddies drops gear in arranged places, where he would go pick it up.

Mackle have ooc buddies that helps him with mummy items, one guy that dont play anymore have all items and pass them to Mackle (Mackles words to me)

Mackle would shortshift between Aerogar and his shifters, and said quite "the imms dont care about it" so would log aerogar and clear out his range, then 5 min after log his shifter to rank up in quiet. Or he would log his shifter, then log out and log in aerogar to kill his enemies.

Mackle always asked me if i had seen x,y and so on, when he played aerogar.

Mackle often played from work, and dident have any of his notes there, so he often asked me about directions in organia, and after wand locations if he played a mage from work.

There is many cheaters in cf, inckluding jalim, hug and artifical. What mackle and i did, is normal, and half the mud should be banned if the imms knew what was goin on.

Mackle is a selfish guy, only thinking about himself and his own needs, so i am satisfied to see his meltdown on dios and here, and i feel its just karma biting his ass.

Starbright outed viera to me when i deleted Mlivera, and helped me alot with conjurer questions ooc (cheating)

Kalystr outed his conjurer to me and helped me and many others with stuff (cheating)

(Tevo) outed himself to me and asked for vote ooc (cheating)

Returning player outed his tribunal assassin to me, and asked all kind of questions to me ic related. (cheating)

Xyfa and i talked about many things ooc aswell, so guess cheating to?

Severeal others wrote to me ooc and asked about stuff and outed their chars...

Jalim is one of the biggest cheaters in cf history. He knows alot of things he can only know because of ooc information. But he is withing the inner circle of the imms, so he will never be punished for anything.

If sharing ooc information is cheating, then everyone that have a profile on discord is cheating.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

IshuliSun 05-Nov-23 09:23 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74822, "A few things."
In response to Reply #0

If you want to report cheating - report it via email to imms@carrionfields.com and/or imps@carrionfields.com.

It is better to report cheating when you see it than way afterwards when it isn't likely to be verifiable.

You also may mistake what cheating is, so let's clarify.

Talking to someone OOC isn't cheating. People have friends. CF is a community, so people WILL talk. That's okay.

Knowing who someone's char is isn't cheating. We discourage it since it can easily lead to cheating - but it itself ISN'T cheating. We don't want chars outed in general, particularly in public, since that opens that door to many to treat the character differently in-game based on that OOC knowledge. But knowing another person is playing X, or telling another person you are playing X, is not itself cheating.

Helping with mechanical questions is not cheating. You can chat all day long about how to play X class, Y race, how you'd gear Z build, etc. That isn't cheating. There is nothing wrong with OOC advising someone. It can be a great help to noobs.

Asking about IC things OOC is, itself, not cheating. If you have a friend who isn't playing, and you are playing, there is nothing cheaty about asking how he'd handle XYZ situations. That isn't cheating. Why did I mention "not playing"? Because it becomes more risky if they are, as it COULD lead them to treat you differently IC.

So if knowing who someone plays, advising them, helping teach them mechanics, etc. isn't cheating - what is?

Translating the above from OOC to IC benefits.

Example 1:
You know your friend is playing X character, so you gear them in-game though normally you wouldn't, only doing so because it was your friend.
Example 2:
Coordinating benefits OOC to your in-game character. "Hey later get on and run me through a dragon lair." "Vote for me for emperor."
Example 3:
Using characters you know they play to benefit yourself or that character. "I'll tell you when X enemy is online later." "Hey tell me when X enemy is offline later."

Notice the trend. Simple OOC knowledge isn't enough. We know people have friends. I don't want people NOT to have friends. All I want is for people to NOT use that OOC friendship to benefit their IC characters through fake-IC means: getting a mage kill on your friend, geared from your friend, votes from your friend, ranking your friends safely, etc.

That doesn't mean you and your friend can't have similar characters. It means it is YOUR job to avoid letting that interfere with playing your character independently. And if you cross that line, you can lose your character or be banned for violating our rules.

I hope this post informs people as to what we're actually concerned about. We aren't interested in big forum accusation drama. We don't get super public about disciplinary issues for that reason. So please keep your claims to emailing us rather than public posts. As that allows us to dig into and determine if we can verify rule-breaking to match the claim.

If anyone has any questions as to if a given thing qualifies as cheating, you're welcome to reach out to an immortal to ask. Keeping CF a "fair" game involves mutual efforts from player and immortal alike.

Thanks for reading.
Thread locked.

HumbertSun 05-Nov-23 07:33 AM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74820, "I didn't intend to out myself to you but sadly got wire..."
In response to Reply #0

Several people knew me as Viera, for various reasons. You and Blackstar knew because I unintentionally outed myself during chatting about other unrelated things like theorycrafting or game mechanics.

There were others who knew with my full cooperation, but of course all IC was separated from OOC. All the people I trust don't ask for anything cheaty, like not even "what kind of induct task do you set?"

If you're coordinating logins and pasting who lists that's definitely beyond the pale and even Jalim, who you name as a big cheater, probably would never do that. Most of us are pretty chill and just trying to have fun and make fun for others, not "win" cf. how do you win a collaborative storytelling with pk and pve elements game? it's a community not a rat race.

I think it's unavoidable that people chat with each other and often know each other's characters. The key is to always think of the game and how to not create unfair advantages that hurt the player base.

In fact, in all things you do, including pk, looting, rp, IC stuff. always think of the player base and how to make things fun for them.

That's why I always have an rp excuse to forbid full looting or other anti player base actions.

Jalim (Anonymous)Sun 05-Nov-23 06:53 AM
Charter member
#74819, "I agree with you."
In response to Reply #0

Technically anyone that uses discord to talk about CF is creating an in game advantage even if it's just knowing how to better RP current events or who's on top of cabal wars etc.

I get punished like everyone else and got ROTD'd/warned about something very minor during October.

I think the difference is when your cheating specifically creates an insane pk advantage for yourself and your friends to the point you can dominate the entire mud. Especially coordinate logins, shared offline who lists, primo gear passing, and asking others to log in with their out of range character to defend your cabal.

CF is a game we all love and love to talk about.

We just all have to try and use the Rogue Rule: Can anything I'm saying right now or in my history be pasted to an Immortal and end up with me banned? If the answer is yes you should probably change the subject.

Glad to see you're enjoying your 'I'm done with CF forever time.'

blueberry (Anonymous)Sun 05-Nov-23 09:00 AM
Charter member
#74821, "I dont have a char currently."
In response to Reply #1

I may make one in the future, or perhaps i wont. But i am sure you will know within 1 hour if i do create one

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74818 Previous topic | Next topic