Subject: "Veil - feels like it's leaning too thin too quick?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74703
Show all folders

Mage Hater (Anonymous)Fri 03-Mar-23 09:40 AM
Charter member
#74703, "Veil - feels like it's leaning too thin too quick?"
Edited on Fri 03-Mar-23 10:26 AM

So I haven't been watching it that long, but over the past few days at least it seems that it's always thin or really thin (like hurting to do truesight thin). This is even after giving Tahren five or six big items. The thickest I've seen it is "normal" and that was after three elemental orbs plus three other items that you can feel when you give them to Tahren.

Not sure if this is buggy, but it definitely doesn't seem quite right. Thought I'd post it here for discussion/response. Thanks!

As a case in point, I woke up, gave Tahren two big items, then just now it shifted twice back and now it's back to hurting when I use truesight.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliFri 03-Mar-23 10:26 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74704, "RE: Veil - feels like it's leaning too thin too quick?"
In response to Reply #0

That's because there are a lot of mages working on the Veil currently. And as they work on it, you have MORE work to do to return it to normal.

In the old Veil - if they gave 20 legendary items to couriers, a Rager could thicken it back with 1.

Now you need to put in some effort more proportional to theirs. Two big items won't be enough if they did a lot more than 2 big items to thin it.

Otherwise the veil *DOES* regress towards a more normal base. BUT the base can also be edited to be higher or lower by circumstances.

If Ragers are currently not around a lot, that is going to make your job harder. BUT if you focus a lot towards thickening, you can offset those pesky Magi.

As a data note - it has been this THICK before too (where mages were having a harder time thinning it) - it's just that the shoe is on the other foot currently.

Mage Hater (Anonymous)Fri 03-Mar-23 11:31 AM
Charter member
#74705, "RE: Veil - feels like it's leaning too thin too quick?"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the reply. So the way I understood that is it always moves back to the middle, but just where that middle lies depends on a bunch of factors, including who's thinning/thickening the veil, and who's around etc.

I was just surprised that two legendary items moved it, but then it moved back to hurting again within what was about ten minutes RL time. It takes me longer to gather two items than it stays

IshuliFri 03-Mar-23 12:07 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74706, "RE: Veil - feels like it's leaning too thin too quick?"
In response to Reply #2

Other folks are moving it back faster than you! Kill them dead!

AztezulFri 24-Mar-23 04:56 PM
Member since 10th Jan 2020
57 posts
#74708, "This fix would have made Nexus so much more bearable. n..."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74703 Previous topic | Next topic