Subject: "Shapeshifer's death from the forget + failed revert" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73917
Show all folders

Necro (Anonymous)Sat 01-Feb-20 03:21 PM
Charter member
#73917, "Shapeshifer's death from the forget + failed revert"
Edited on Sat 01-Feb-20 03:21 PM

Just a quick question: when shapeshifter fails to revert due to the forget and a lack of mana, it counts as a kill or is it a kind of suicide? Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Shapeshifer's death from the forget + failed revert, Umiron, 03-Feb-20 10:01 PM, #5
Reply yep, Necro (Anonymous), 03-Feb-20 11:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: Shapeshifer's death from the forget + failed revert, AncientTribunal. (Anonymous), 02-Feb-20 06:42 AM, #2
Reply Yes, I agree, Necro (Anonymous), 02-Feb-20 09:47 AM, #3
Reply Suicide equivalents are still a kill if close enough in..., incognito, 01-Feb-20 05:37 PM, #1
     Reply Apparently not..., Necro (Anonymous), 03-Feb-20 02:59 PM, #4

UmironMon 03-Feb-20 10:01 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73963, "RE: Shapeshifer's death from the forget + failed revert"
In response to Reply #0

For the shapeshifter it counts as a PK death, sorta. It shows up in their PK death history, but it doesn’t tally against their PK deaths (e.g., if you were 0-0 and died this way, you’d still be 0-0).

For the killer it does not register as a PK win in any form.

Necro (Anonymous)Mon 03-Feb-20 11:58 PM
Charter member
#73967, "yep"
In response to Reply #5

And this is weird and imo wrong. Mind removing dying, please? Really it's 100%, certain death if the shifter is slept (and sometimes you don't even need to sleep him to kill him that way). Seems a bit unfair and edge is too expensive nowdays, I agree with the guy-shifter.

AncientTribunal. (Anonymous)Sun 02-Feb-20 06:42 AM
Charter member
#73939, "RE: Shapeshifer's death from the forget + failed revert"
In response to Reply #0

This was one of my old shifters. No name by the PK but still recorded in the PK deaths.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=38191&mesg_id=38199&page=21

p.s. I've always thought that mechanic was absolute garbage. The IMMs made edges to prevent it which was cool but now they're pretty expensive.

Necro (Anonymous)Sun 02-Feb-20 09:42 AM
Charter member
#73942, "Yes, I agree"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sun 02-Feb-20 09:47 AM

If you died to Dvalygg, it's not in his PK wins.

About that mechanics. I would prefer to see mages just revert and have a chance to survive somehow. Maybe flee/quaff or use the orb of travel.

Though I've been using it pretty much myself as a necro, I also believe that with the current edges prices it's really bad for the game and "I win" button. From the other side, it would be stupid not to use it, because well... everyone in game abuse anything they may abuse if they have a chance.

So, maybe imms would take a look and remove death room the failed revert? Or at least replace with a damage?

incognitoSat 01-Feb-20 05:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73921, "Suicide equivalents are still a kill if close enough in..."
In response to Reply #0

Nt

Necro (Anonymous)Mon 03-Feb-20 02:59 PM
Charter member
#73958, "Apparently not..."
In response to Reply #1

Dvalygg's 'kill' on Gwildonian shows that death from the failed revert is not counted as a PK win, but counts as a PK death (I've checked Dvalygg and Tzaritzawah PBFs, none of them have a kill). I think there were no other necromancers who could do that trick then? Cotzibue was dead by that time.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73917 Previous topic | Next topic