Subject: "Forum's login session expires too fast" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73832
Show all folders

clnt2020Fri 17-Jan-20 10:17 PM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73832, "Forum's login session expires too fast"
Edited on Fri 17-Jan-20 10:20 PM

Just every time I want to post something, I have to login over and over again. Could you please remove expiration/unlogin? Would make life a lot easier for everyone (especially for the mobile device users).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply UPDATE - a quick fix, clnt2020, 18-Jan-20 11:59 PM, #8
Reply Nice!, Ishuli, 19-Jan-20 07:25 AM, #9
Reply Uh...., Jormyr, 18-Jan-20 09:56 AM, #1
     Reply *cry*, clnt2020, 18-Jan-20 10:24 AM, #2
     Reply It does , TJHuron, 18-Jan-20 11:00 AM, #3
          Reply I've never had it happen from a PC at least., Ishuli, 18-Jan-20 11:06 AM, #4
               Reply Reply, Shandae, 18-Jan-20 04:00 PM, #5
               Reply RE: I've never had it happen from a PC at least., Jhyrbian, 18-Jan-20 10:52 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: I've never had it happen from a PC at least., clnt2020, 18-Jan-20 11:56 PM, #7

clnt2020Sat 18-Jan-20 11:59 PM
224 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73845, "UPDATE - a quick fix"
In response to Reply #0

User profile - settings - such to YES this thing: "Remain logged on when you return to use the forum at a later time?
Select "yes" if you want to be logged on when you return at a later time. This feature will be in effect the next time you login."

Should stop unlogging me. Could be set up by default for new users though (now it's a NO by default).

IshuliSun 19-Jan-20 07:25 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2122 posts
#73846, "Nice!"
In response to Reply #8

Maybe I turned that on forever ago and was unaware of it

JormyrSat 18-Jan-20 09:56 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
417 posts
#73833, "Uh...."
In response to Reply #0

I don't recall the forums ever having a session timer. I literally have had computers I've not used for 4 months still have me logged in.

clnt2020Sat 18-Jan-20 10:24 AM
224 posts
#73837, "*cry*"
In response to Reply #1

And I have to login every time I want to post *cry*

TJHuronSat 18-Jan-20 10:59 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73838, "It does "
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sat 18-Jan-20 11:00 AM

I have to log in every time also.

Plus, if you are writing a particularly long goodbye or post you better copy it before trying to post because you can get logged out while you are writing it and have to start over, which really sucks, especially if you get distracted in the middle of it.

Edited: somehow my subject changed from “it does” to “they have to do something”. It’s like my forum handle has insanity!

IshuliSat 18-Jan-20 11:06 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2122 posts
#73839, "I've never had it happen from a PC at least."
In response to Reply #3

And it's not just an imm-account thing AFAIK.

If we're talking from mobile... Different story and we're well aware this site isn't exactly mobile friendly.

-Ish

ShandaeSat 18-Jan-20 04:00 PM
Member since 11th Nov 2019
126 posts
#73842, "Reply"
In response to Reply #4

I have to log in every time as well, but it might be because mine is a work computer so IT probably has them set to not keep any cookies or anything.

JhyrbianSat 18-Jan-20 10:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73843, "RE: I've never had it happen from a PC at least."
In response to Reply #4

I never login either. It must be an imm thing.

clnt2020Sat 18-Jan-20 11:56 PM
224 posts
#73844, "RE: I've never had it happen from a PC at least."
In response to Reply #6

Thanks, but I'm definitely not an imm, and I'm the least possible person to become one 😁 I have it on mobile and on PC too, I think. There should be a timer somewhere on the forum's settings. By the way, maybe in my own profile, I'll check.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73832 Previous topic | Next topic