Subject: "Why is taking an item more powerful than retrieving an ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72302
Show all folders

Recently Raiding (Anonymous)Wed 19-Dec-18 07:59 PM
Charter member
#72302, "Why is taking an item more powerful than retrieving an item?"

I've always thought it was bad design that the -morale of losing an item is both greater, and of greater duration, than the retrieving. In fact, you could lose your item, take it back, and after a while be suffering the negative morale of the loss but the positive morale of the retrieval has already expired.

Curious why and if there's any interest in evening them out, or making the positive greater? I think the incentive to retrieve should be more than the disincentive to not defend?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rex spanglerFri 21-Dec-18 02:02 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2018
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72309, "I think the way it is makes sense."
In response to Reply #0

It's way better to never lose your item than to lose it and get it back. You ever had something stolen and gotten it back in real life? You still feel kind of violated, just less violated because you got it back.

LhydiaWed 19-Dec-18 08:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2382 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72304, "........ n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Gr

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72302 Previous topic | Next topic