Subject: "Mercenaries and Battleragers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71502
Show all folders

WastedWed 26-Sep-18 02:34 PM
Member since 21st Jun 2015
111 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71502, "Mercenaries and Battleragers"

Is using mercenaries for ranking frowned upon for Battleragers?

For use in PKing I can see that this is definitely bad form from an RP standpoint, but I'm more curious about how it's viewed in regards to using one for ranking. This wasn't much of an issue back in the day, but with the lower-playerbase, maybe this would be looked at a bit differently.

Battle IMMs have any thoughts on this?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

OnewingedangelThu 27-Sep-18 01:14 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71504, "In my opinion"
In response to Reply #0

And granted, I've only played one battlerager, and that was almost 7 years ago.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=103654&mesg_id=103654&page=

For ranking, it shouldn't be an issue, so long as you keep it out of PK entirely, and it can get messy if you're attacked while ranking and the mercenary assists, so it might be a tradeoff of risk vs reward there. Obviously that was before Jormyr's or Panmorne's reign, and before the low playerbase/merc changes for ranking, so literally everything regarding that aspect has changed, but since you can group while ranking, I don't see an issue while having a merc while ranking. It's basically just a group member at that point I'd assume.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71502 Previous topic | Next topic