Subject: "Splitting assassins into 2 categories." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70961
Show all folders

Drow or arial assassin wannabe (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-18 01:25 PM
Charter member
#70961, "Splitting assassins into 2 categories."

The idea to split assassins into 2 categories is alive for a long time already.

But here is very easy plan how to do it fast:
1. Humans, halfies and felar now need to stalk 1 more time to gain the same results as before in regards to the chance of assassinate.
They also improve slower at assassinate skill. Let's say 1 improve in 1,5 assassinates first 10-15%, then 1 improved in 3 assassinated in the last 10-15% in the assassinate skill.
2. Dark-elves and arials now need to stalk 1 less time to gain the same results as before in regards to the chance of assassinate.
They also improve faster at assassinate skill. Let's say 1,5 improves in 1 assassinate first 10-15%, then 1 improve in 2 assassinates last 10-15%.

A bit better bonuses for drows than arials as arials are stronger than drows as assassins.

What we achieve:
1. Drows and arials are now "assassinate monkeys" and are playable as assassins.
2. Humans, halfies and felar are now "fighting assassins" and are a bit less popular than before, but right now it's basically the only choice to play as assassin.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Splitting assassins makes total sense, Marcus_, 05-Jun-18 06:45 AM, #7
Reply We're sorry you got toasted, Kstatida, 01-Jun-18 03:11 AM, #4
Reply Your skill in trolling has improved! , Quixotic, 01-Jun-18 09:42 PM, #5
     Reply I was always this good, Kstatida, 02-Jun-18 03:26 PM, #6
Reply RE: Splitting assassins into 2 categories., incognito, 01-Jun-18 02:04 AM, #3
Reply RE: Splitting assassins into 2 categories., Jhyrbian, 31-May-18 06:43 PM, #1
     Reply I agree.. and then.some, SPN, 31-May-18 08:15 PM, #2

Marcus_Tue 05-Jun-18 06:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70971, "Splitting assassins makes total sense"
In response to Reply #0

https://imgflip.com/i/2bn5b1>

KstatidaFri 01-Jun-18 03:11 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70968, "We're sorry you got toasted"
In response to Reply #0

by some assassin.

QuixoticFri 01-Jun-18 09:42 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70969, "Your skill in trolling has improved! "
In response to Reply #4

All that time spamming your troll skill has paid off.

KstatidaSat 02-Jun-18 03:26 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70970, "I was always this good"
In response to Reply #5

or bad

incognitoFri 01-Jun-18 02:04 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70967, "RE: Splitting assassins into 2 categories."
In response to Reply #0

The idea of splitting seems fine but I wouldn't juice anything. I'd just make assassin's pick between martial trance and assassinate skills.

Problem is, if you know what you are doing, assassinate is already too strong.

Also I'm not sure you want to juice the race with 25 Dex.

JhyrbianThu 31-May-18 06:43 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70962, "RE: Splitting assassins into 2 categories."
In response to Reply #0

This is just a fundamental lack of understanding of how stalk actually works. Your stalk juice is dependent on your assassination %, this idea just doesn't work at all with how the class is coded.

SPNThu 31-May-18 08:13 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70963, "I agree.. and then.some"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 31-May-18 08:15 PM

Making a difference based on race makes no sense as that is not the case with any other class... Rather a better suggestion is to split the class into 2+ paths, and make them mutually incompatible, ala paladin dedications. Then roll a lot of the edges into the paths, killing multiple birds with one stone. Eliminates the must have edges, opens skills, etc, weakens the class over all...

You can have a stealth path that focuses on assassinate, keeps hide and sneak, darts, other stealthy moves. Has kicks maxed at a certain time, maybe reduced malediction kot and kon

Have the martial arts path that juices kicks based on stalks ala overt malice style, perhaps remove hiding all together and your assassin becomes Jet Like in Hero.

Last have a Martial Trance path that blends both but loses assissinate and upper tier kicks. Maybe opens up more than.one Niki edge...

Please note, this will never happen with coders time (see enchanters), not am I advocating this. Only trying to provide a framework that is logical with the existing way classes get broken down into paths.

Also, there have been effective dark elf and Arial assassin's.. I would not outright discount the races.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70961 Previous topic | Next topic