Subject: "Sorcerous Frostblade Edge and Frostblade" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69911
Show all folders

Sorcerously Frostbladey (Anonymous)Thu 22-Feb-18 03:26 PM
Charter member
#69911, "Sorcerous Frostblade Edge and Frostblade"

I recently took this edge to discover what it does. I have not the best subset of testing, but in 500 rounds of combat, it has progged 2 times. The number of rounds between the first prog and the second time it progged was 35 rounds of combat. I talked to an immortal because at first, it didn't prog at all for the first 300 rounds of combat. It progged at 301 rounds and then progged again at 336 then didn't prog again to 500. Its quite an expensive edge, in fact one of the most expensive. Could a quick review of its frequency be done?

I am also dual wielding it, if that makes a difference. The frostblade is so bloody light its hard to wield it with anything else if it must be in the primary hand for more frequency (4 pounds).

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironThu 22-Feb-18 06:13 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69912, "Dunno."
In response to Reply #0

The success rate isn't variable so I'm not sure why your experience would be different than mine, which was that it's working swimmingly.

The prog fires 1d32 rounds, or effectively 1d16 if you're dual wielding.

It won't work at all if you're BATTLE, but you obviously aren't.

Either it's an incredibly cryptic edge case bug or you're observations are mistaken.

Sorcerously Frostbladey (Anonymous)Fri 23-Feb-18 03:12 PM
Charter member
#69930, "Sounds good. Could we look at the frequency?"
In response to Reply #1

So from what I'm understanding is that its a 3% chance per round to fire, or 6% if you dual wield (which I cannot because that would require Hours Past Midnight).

I was on for 3 hours and 10 minutes, and while not exclusively fighting with it, any time not fighting PCs I was wielding it. It fired 1 time.

I'm also not sure my observations are perfect, but I'm doing the best I can with what I have. Those numbers happened and it may be just bad RNG hitting me in the face. After I confirmed it was working (with the very helpful immortal who assisted me with it), I'm just asking on Gameplay here if the frequency could be bumped a bit.

I also don't believe myself some expert on frequency of firing of auto cast weapons but with it being so niche, and also seemingly one of the most expensive edges in the game (just below Twitchy), my experience has been that it fires very very infrequently.

Thanks for understanding, and your judgement will rule of course. My two cents.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69911 Previous topic | Next topic