Subject: "Idea about wands." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69582
Show all folders

ShapaThu 21-Dec-17 03:06 PM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69582, "Idea about wands."

I was going to write it in Bakrmarr's farewells, but his BF thread doesn't want to show up. I checked few times - he isn't denied or anything like it.

So Bakrmarr tells goodbye to evil Thera and makes his suggestion:

Remove all limited abs locations. Make these locations a locations for sleek wands. Remove the hardest abs sleek locations - the ones an avergage hero mage cannot get by himself alone with 1 rest.

What will happen after this change?
1. The easiest abs limited locations are gone so no more spending just few ticks to get full set of abs wands. It means not using full abs in combats where it's not needed. A mage will think twice if he really needs full set of protections to fight average enemy.
2. Newbies don't know limited abs locations anyway, so no more great advantage for mages for expeirenced players.
3. The average time to get abs wands will increase, but the time to get sleek abs wands is decreased. Right now it takes almost no time to gather limited abs wands and it breaks game balance a bit.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaagkriThu 21-Dec-17 05:44 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69584, "Hold on there big fella..."
In response to Reply #0

Sleek black can be hard to come by. Sometimes you have to get help. This especially depends on your class/forms. The limited barrier locations are usually illusions.

Some foes just require full prep and you still aren't winning. If you're way over prepped for less dangerous foes, you're not going to kill them, because they will just flee. So, there's already an incentive to not over-prep. That's unless you can prevent them from getting away. Most characters who will be impacted by the ABS change you're proposing cannot stop someone from getting away.

I do find it ironic that after playing Bakrmarr, you think that ABS is a game balance issue. Bakrmarr with ABS was a game balance issue.

The chars who full prep for every fight will probably, when faced with not having ABS, just not fight.

TacThu 21-Dec-17 03:08 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69583, "I'm in favor of this..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 21-Dec-17 03:27 PM

And also seriously considering what should be limited when it is in potion/pill form, since those are available to anyone/everyone.

Random add-on thought:

If you tracked quaff vs zap vs recite vs brandish, across all chars, I'm guessing quaff (which is only half, since it ignores pills) is an order of magnitude more used than the rest. Possibly two. Has anyone ever thought to track those usage stats?

KstatidaThu 21-Dec-17 05:56 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69585, "No need to"
In response to Reply #1

It's too obvious because you can quaff blind.

TacFri 22-Dec-17 10:03 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#69590, "I doubt that accounts for 1% of quaffs..."
In response to Reply #3

Quaffing flight like it is candy probably dwarfs all other quaffs by a wide margin. Woe is thief.

KstatidaFri 22-Dec-17 05:45 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
#69596, "see detects"
In response to Reply #4

Everyone with scrolls doesn't use venom

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69582 Previous topic | Next topic