Subject: "Anti-gank code suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69396
Show all folders

KstatidaFri 01-Dec-17 08:02 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69396, "Anti-gank code suggestion"

Taking this to the upper level as I think this would be beneficial for the gameplay. How about making anti-gank code reliant not only on GoM and # of people fighting, but on PK stats of the gank object. Like if you're worth 1 soul - anti-gank code works fine, if you're worth 3 souls - it works less, if you're worth 5 souls - 3 ppl may gank you just fine, if you're worth 10 - say hello to Istendil-style gank.

I think that would totally take the large part of psychological pressure from not-so-scary players who tend to quit if there's Sodsob/Bakrmarr/Gaspare/Glikhardiz on, because they can't beat them 2 on 1, and 3 on 1 is gankcode. I'm guilty as well - totally quit from Gaspare and Sodsob in the past.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TJHuronSat 02-Dec-17 07:03 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69411, "Instead of that how about..."
In response to Reply #0

Awarding edge points for PKing super tough characters?

Give some for the kill and a small amount for the assist. Leave the bank code where it’s at.

And let it scale. When you reach whatever determined point of PK eliteness let the edge point bounty scale as that character mows more people down - like souls. And like souls the award gets nerfed if they just got PKd recently.

KstatidaMon 04-Dec-17 02:31 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69434, "Even if I like the idea of slaughterhouse."
In response to Reply #1

Killing a super-tough opponent is a reward in itself. Awarding EPs for PK is out of discussion, it seems.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Mon 04-Dec-17 12:23 PM
Charter member
#69436, "RE: Even if I like the idea of slaughterhouse."
In response to Reply #2

IMO EP should only be awarded for PK if kills on not-so-good-at-PK characters don't count for anything.

Might also be okay with A getting credit toward EP for the first kill on B, regardless of how good (or not) B is at PK, but subsequent kills only count if B is actually decent.

Guessing that would be a pain to code, though, so won't happen.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69396 Previous topic | Next topic