Subject: "Idea: adding lag to sacrifice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69336
Show all folders

CointreauWed 29-Nov-17 10:38 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#69336, "Idea: adding lag to sacrifice"

Hi IMMs,

What are your thoughts around adding lag or a delay to sacrifice? From an IC view it is kind of odd to instantly poof full metal plates of armour. Would it be so bad to add a delay or perhaps a timer to prevent characters from sacrificing too quickly?

I know sacrifice also plays the roll of the cleaner too, so perhaps only limit the above to limited gear.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Not a fan., Ishuli, 29-Nov-17 01:19 PM, #4
Reply Right the answer here is..., Vermin, 29-Nov-17 06:21 PM, #7
     Reply Breach of Etiquette, Saagkri, 29-Nov-17 07:02 PM, #5
     Reply Double Boom! n/t, Vermin, 29-Nov-17 07:04 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Right the answer here is..., Bemused, 30-Nov-17 04:28 AM, #8
Reply Although I vaguely agree..., Jormyr, 27-Nov-17 07:26 PM, #3
Reply When a certain char gets killed..., Saagkri, 27-Nov-17 02:01 PM, #2
Reply Or just on people that full sacd consistently. n/t , Lhydia, 27-Nov-17 12:16 PM, #1

IshuliWed 29-Nov-17 01:19 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2256 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69348, "Not a fan."
In response to Reply #0

I'm basically in Saagkri's camp here.

Certain aspects of CF are brutal. Some acts are ####'ish. But I don't think the answer to that is to change the code.

VerminWed 29-Nov-17 10:38 PM
Member since 13th Jul 2010
62 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69351, "Right the answer here is..."
In response to Reply #4

To avoid punishing the character (which according to Umiron should have been denied) when he abuses log in and log out to get charges (and has been for 3 straight characters). Then reward him with tattooes, edge points, titles, and immortal exp, and then let him use his Discord cheat ring to locate characters to rush while he hunts and be cool with it, then let full people, intentionally, to frustrate players and have them delete.

Finally, let him strip mine Hell for equipment with a how too guide gained from former immortals.

Definitely not a code fix on this one.

*boom*

SaagkriWed 29-Nov-17 07:02 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#69352, "Breach of Etiquette"
In response to Reply #7

You should never *boom* your own post.

VerminWed 29-Nov-17 07:04 PM
Member since 13th Jul 2010
62 posts
#69353, "Double Boom! n/t"
In response to Reply #5

n/t

BemusedThu 30-Nov-17 04:28 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#69357, "RE: Right the answer here is..."
In response to Reply #7

First I hardly chime in anywhere on forums at all. But this just has to be said.

Is that you are in no position to judge anyone's roleplay as it should be, with a holistic and full view of what they are about. You see tiny snapshots and start spouting. You do not even have any ability to read their roles, and from experience with your characters, to not take any time to really learn anyone elses' roles.

What you need to learn is that you do not have the tools to fairly judge RP at all, and therefore, should reserve judgement and acquiesce to those that do have those tools. Instead you do not, and we are all "blessed" with 5% of the truth know it all posts which unfortunately to those that do see the whole picture, makes it even more frustrating to deal with you.

I am quite stunned by such a statement that you did in this thread about how you discredit this player? You are not even in a position to say that!

JormyrMon 27-Nov-17 07:26 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#69339, "Although I vaguely agree..."
In response to Reply #0

The biggest reason I see not to is that these sort of changes are really suggested to stop/change the behavior of a few players. However, these few players that prompt these suggestions will find ways to pull this behavior even with a lag on sacrifice. Consider the mercenary changes, as an example.

Ultimately, douches will be douches short of making it utterly against the rules to be "mean" to people, and that takes big brothering to a point that neither you, nor we Immortals want to be at. (Just imagine the complaints of Immortal subjectivity then).

If it makes you feel better, we *have* stepped in at times and commented to people in the past. It's not a punishment or rules violation, just a "Hey, do you *REALLY* want to be that guy who's the reason X player quit playing forever and now you can't PK him any more?"

SaagkriMon 27-Nov-17 01:56 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#69338, "When a certain char gets killed..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 27-Nov-17 02:01 PM

you are not going to want that delay.

Also, please stop advocating code changes that affect everyone because of one character. That's why you can't get to the past through the pass anymore (I think).

Figure out a way to kill him. You may have to even form an uncomfortable alliance to do so.

LhydiaMon 27-Nov-17 12:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#69337, "Or just on people that full sacd consistently. n/t "
In response to Reply #0

Gr

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69336 Previous topic | Next topic