Subject: "Silent Tower" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69249
Show all folders

Curious Explorer (Anonymous)Thu 16-Nov-17 06:13 AM
Charter member
#69249, "Silent Tower"

Has the Silent Tower been removed or made inaccessible?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Silent Tower, Umiron, 17-Nov-17 01:42 PM, #3
Reply Awesome., Murphy, 17-Nov-17 02:02 PM, #4
Reply The player A abused it for 2 years, Beront (Anonymous), 17-Nov-17 02:28 PM, #5
Reply RE: The player A abused it for 2 years, Bemused, 17-Nov-17 06:41 PM, #7
     Reply Why, back in *MY* day...., Jormyr, 18-Nov-17 05:03 AM, #8
     Reply I'd love a new area dedicated to solid nonlim gear., Murphy, 18-Nov-17 09:43 AM, #9
     Reply Well..., Saagkri, 18-Nov-17 10:22 AM, #10
     Reply RE: The player A abused it for 2 years, Saagkri, 18-Nov-17 01:31 PM, #12
     Reply RE: The player A abused it for 2 years, Kstatida, 18-Nov-17 03:27 PM, #13
Reply RE: Silent Tower, Saagkri, 17-Nov-17 02:54 PM, #6
Reply RE: Silent Tower, Fdialke, 18-Nov-17 10:47 AM, #11
Reply This is where I think some clarity was lost for me. , KoeKhaos, 08-Dec-17 09:35 AM, #14
     Reply I thought that up until I read this post. nt, Saagkri, 08-Dec-17 09:57 AM, #15
Reply Depends on if IMMs want you specifically there usually...., Lhydia, 16-Nov-17 07:27 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Depends on if IMMs want you specifically there usua..., Curious Explorer (Anonymous), 16-Nov-17 02:42 PM, #2

UmironFri 17-Nov-17 01:42 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69271, "RE: Silent Tower"
In response to Reply #0

It became very obvious that some (not all) players were choosing not to respect Nep's wishes with regard to sharing its secrets. There have also been a couple bugs / exploits come to light that nobody wants to or feels comfortable addressing because it's not our baby.

Silent Tower probably doesn't make sense in modern CF, but regardless, it definitely doesn't make sense in a CF without Nep around to babysit the area and, frankly, the players. The fact that this is the case is probably itself a compelling case for why the area doesn't make sense in the first place. But there you go.

It likely won't be back again unless Nep should make a return and decide to reopen it.

MurphyFri 17-Nov-17 02:02 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69272, "Awesome."
In response to Reply #3

Now you just need to close Inferno and the Battle cabal.
Trust me.

Beront (Anonymous)Fri 17-Nov-17 02:28 PM
Charter member
#69273, "The player A abused it for 2 years"
In response to Reply #3

You - didn't give a ####, but we told you, that it was wrong.

Now, player B - abuse it - you close it.

GOOD JOB MY FRIEND.

Edges for assassins are op, lets give the Legacy to the my OOC friend assassin.

No, no, no, I'm ok with you decision.

BemusedFri 17-Nov-17 06:41 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69281, "RE: The player A abused it for 2 years"
In response to Reply #5

The people that abused(*) it the most are part of the new wave of Imms, not that I personally had any issue with them extracting and making this gear available to the commoners.

It's probably a good thing this area is closed though. What I don't like is the silent nerf and the need for the playerbase to start asking questions instead of just outright owning the decision to close it initially via the Announcement board.

* looted it to high hell

JormyrSat 18-Nov-17 05:03 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69285, "Why, back in *MY* day...."
In response to Reply #7

We PKed with red dragon gear and cloaks of Nightwing and LIKED it! Spoiled brats!

(In all honesty, all I've ever gotten out of the Silent Tower was gruesome deaths, so...yeah, net win for the explorer-newb I guess.)

Though, this is actually the first I knew of the closure as well.

...yeah...I totally need to remake an Elemental Canyon. Lightning swords and lodestones were uber.

MurphySat 18-Nov-17 09:43 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69286, "I'd love a new area dedicated to solid nonlim gear."
In response to Reply #8

More options for the material- and weight- challenged, and more solidly useful stuff like pitch black rings, blackened armor, strips of red leather etc.

SaagkriSat 18-Nov-17 10:20 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#69287, "Well..."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Sat 18-Nov-17 10:22 AM

Red dragon loot was since nerfed as the blood red orb used to be a sanc stave. Then the dragon was un-nerfed by making it melt EQ, then nerfed it again by removing the EQ melting then un-nerfed with a bleeding bite.

How am I supposed to keep track when it gets changed every 5 years!? I also remember it coming after me for it's hide more than once after a really good loot at level 1.

If you write an elemental canyon, don't forget the hurricane and make sure to make it summonable so lowbies can get unspeaked by a gas breath in market square!

SaagkriSat 18-Nov-17 01:31 PM
801 posts
#69289, "RE: The player A abused it for 2 years"
In response to Reply #7

I hope people didn't spend hours and hours of their time trying to work out the puzzle of why they couldn't get into the tower this time. Was it something they attacked or said or did out of order? Do they have to wait for the next reboot perhaps? Maybe something they are wearing is preventing their passage?...

But they probably did.

KstatidaSat 18-Nov-17 03:27 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69290, "RE: The player A abused it for 2 years"
In response to Reply #7

>The people that abused(*) it the most are part of the new
>wave of Imms, not that I personally had any issue with them
>extracting and making this gear available to the commoners.

Struck me as well And silent nerf is funny, like the day after someone says they don't do silent nerfs

SaagkriFri 17-Nov-17 02:54 PM
801 posts
#69274, "RE: Silent Tower"
In response to Reply #3

It is slightly annoying that when people that have been on the receiving end of ST gear/benefits start to unravel ST and begin to benefit, it gets closed. I and others have spent a LOT of time and characters figuring this stuff out and now we get no return on it.

FdialkeSat 18-Nov-17 10:47 AM
Member since 19th Apr 2005
83 posts
#69288, "RE: Silent Tower"
In response to Reply #3

well, ST exploring was my main objective
perfect decision

thanks
delete;delete

KoeKhaosFri 08-Dec-17 09:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
#69479, "This is where I think some clarity was lost for me. "
In response to Reply #3

His wish I, and likely most others, took to mean please don't ooc share info. But from what happened to me it seems it was taken by the imms to mean don't explore silent tower in game with anyone else or talk about silent tower in character with people you met in character who were also exploring the tower. It's been the rule for ages that in game sharing was fine for area explore so this was a shock and extremely depressing to me.

SaagkriFri 08-Dec-17 09:57 AM
801 posts
#69480, "I thought that up until I read this post. nt"
In response to Reply #14

LhydiaThu 16-Nov-17 07:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#69250, "Depends on if IMMs want you specifically there usually...."
In response to Reply #0

gr

Curious Explorer (Anonymous)Thu 16-Nov-17 02:42 PM
Charter member
#69254, "RE: Depends on if IMMs want you specifically there usua..."
In response to Reply #1

I've been there before. Last time I tried, I could not enter. It also didn't work for someone else who'd been there before.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69249 Previous topic | Next topic