Subject: "Suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69143
Show all folders

k-bFri 27-Oct-17 03:46 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69143, "Suggestion"

Have you IMMS ever considered allowing notes to be read while offline? Hear me out. Sometimes I'm annoyed when I miss some sweet event, or miss a role contest enter date, or miss out on an explore trip just because I've been busy for a few days or something.

I think it might be a cool idea for notes to be available to be read while offline. Clearly some people might try to abuse this by setting up times to pk, but consider this: notes are saved for like 2 weeks or something. How hard would it be to just check someone's notes to see if they were cheating or not. Also, it would make it easier to get inducted, as you could possibly set a time to speak, while simultaneously making it easier on leaders as they could keep an eye on who'se interested in getting inducted.

Again. Clearly certain rules would need to be established, but seriously with notes being saved for so long, it would be difficult to get away with cheating in the long run. Maybe certain small instances, but it would easily be discovered.

I think this would allow for more exploration and a general increase in player involvement if notes to a character were available to be read while offline.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this could even be implemented. I'm not a coder.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DestuviusFri 27-Oct-17 05:40 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69144, "RE: Suggestion"
In response to Reply #0

There are already a lot of OOC options for events such as FB, Twitter and the fancy pants new calendar.

To counterpoint your idea about setting up times to meet via notes for induction: if you can't even log into the game long enough to write a note, is it even worth a leaders time to induct you?

k-bFri 27-Oct-17 11:18 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#69145, "Gotcha. Thank you for the response. Nt"
In response to Reply #1

Nt

KstatidaSat 28-Oct-17 02:36 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69146, "Any chance we see you in game any time soon?"
In response to Reply #1

NT

DestuviusSat 28-Oct-17 04:16 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#69147, "RE: Any chance we see you in game any time soon?"
In response to Reply #3

Probably not until after the new year. Between the kids and work stuff its a circus in my life right now.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69143 Previous topic | Next topic