Subject: "Umiron and others." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68145
Show all folders

JaegendarThu 18-May-17 02:35 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68145, "Umiron and others."

Thank you for not being dead, Umiron.

If you feel more comfortable behind the curtains that is fine by me. CF can use all the backup it can get.

I wonder if this is an option for the other immortals that got disenchanted for one reason or another and still want to contribute. Arial-Assassin-Rager-imm-guy (See him post from time to time), Iunna (I sense you still want to help from your posts),etc.

Sometimes I wonder if I could contribute by becoming an imm, by writing areas,etc. But English is not my main language and I get afraid that I will mess up interactions if I get a religion. I wonder if becoming an "invisible" or background imm is possible in this day and age?

-J

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironThu 18-May-17 03:47 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68148, "RE: Umiron and others."
In response to Reply #0

Just to be clear:

I don't have an immortal character.

I don't participate in game design / change discussions.

My code contributions (totaling four commits) since deleting consist of two bug fixes, some additional logging, and removing the "no vlad" names as a RIP gesture for a deceased player.

I'm definitely not an "invisible" or "background immortal". If I were, I'd be a productive one at least.

I merely still have my server access so Scarabaeus isn't the sole person who can boot CF when it falls over and to pitch in with the occasional difficult bug. Obviously this arrangement is completely up to Scarabaeus.

JormyrThu 18-May-17 02:53 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68147, "Unique Circumstances each."
In response to Reply #0

As a general rule, if you made it to the point of actual Immortal (not just Heroimm), there's consideration towards being able to return w/o going through the Heroimm process again. This obviously will vary depending on how and why said Immortal left.

For those who've never been an Immortal, we still want applicants to go through the Heroimm process. As far as where and how you're able to help...so long as you're able to help somewhere, there's consideration. That said, I've also seen Heroimm applications that amounted to "I have absolutely zero skills required to be useful in any way, but I really want to be an Imm so I should be one". There's lots of things Imms do to help the game, but there's also lots that players can do as mortals, too.

KstatidaThu 18-May-17 02:49 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68146, "It's CF"
In response to Reply #0

Everything is possible.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68145 Previous topic | Next topic