Subject: "Going to apologize in advance..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68021
Show all folders

TMNSFri 05-May-17 11:57 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68021, "Going to apologize in advance..."

There can be only ONE(forum that Sam posts on)!

Gabe's site and I had a good run, but all good things come to an end.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Leave the insults elsewhere., Jormyr, 05-May-17 11:59 PM, #7
Reply Then don't. NT, TMNS, 06-May-17 01:09 AM, #8
     Reply You misunderstand his post. , Lhydia, 06-May-17 07:39 AM, #9
          Reply Hah, true., Jormyr, 06-May-17 09:13 PM, #10
Reply Apology accepted in advance, Venara, 03-May-17 04:37 PM, #3
Reply That's too bad., Tac, 03-May-17 10:02 AM, #1
     Reply In the end, it came down to the amount of enjoyment I g..., TMNS, 03-May-17 02:41 PM, #2
          Reply Thats because..., Tronimal, 03-May-17 04:49 PM, #4
               Reply I found this reddit thread a fascinating study in commu..., Tac, 03-May-17 05:19 PM, #5
                    Reply If you don't have anything nice to say..., Lhydia, 03-May-17 05:23 PM, #6

JormyrFri 05-May-17 11:59 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68049, "Leave the insults elsewhere."
In response to Reply #0

I have enough of my time taken up by babysitting my own kids. I don't intend to spend the rest of my time babysitting grown adults.

TMNSSat 06-May-17 01:09 AM
2670 posts
#68050, "Then don't. NT"
In response to Reply #7

NT

LhydiaSat 06-May-17 07:39 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#68051, "You misunderstand his post. "
In response to Reply #8

Me/Beront/NbM had a string of about 9 #### talking posts that Jormar deleted then said what he said.

He wasn't talking about you.

JormyrSat 06-May-17 09:13 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#68052, "Hah, true."
In response to Reply #9

My bad for not making that clear, but yeah. Deleted subthread, not
your post. I was wondering why TMNS was seemed crabby about my post.

VenaraWed 03-May-17 04:37 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2016
52 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68028, "Apology accepted in advance"
In response to Reply #0

You get your 1 year chip in 364.25 days.

TacWed 03-May-17 10:02 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#68026, "That's too bad."
In response to Reply #0

The choice to remove yourself from the conversation probably doesn't improve the conversation, nor aid in communication occurring. You have valuable insights into the game (but should probably ignore the OOC nonsense on OT board) that will be missed.

On a related note: The Staff has a communication problem that withdrawing from QHCF does nothing to solve. Not being in control doesn't mean you can't contribute, you just have to accept that you can't control everything on the internet. Which is a true fact no matter how much you want to ignore it.

For both: You can only elevate the conversation by being part of it. Withdrawing cannot accomplish that goal, and the degree of freedom in conversation offered on QHCF (as opposed to here) is why more conversation and communication happens there than has ever or will ever happen here.

TMNSWed 03-May-17 02:41 PM
2670 posts
#68027, "In the end, it came down to the amount of enjoyment I g..."
In response to Reply #1

And Dio's has a way of bumming me out recently (like, it literally ruined my high the other day...cost me 10 bucks).

TronimalWed 03-May-17 04:49 PM
Member since 03rd Apr 2016
75 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68029, "Thats because..."
In response to Reply #2

A good portion of the populace of Dios are literally toxic people. They either don't play, or play to ruin others fun or actively engage in conversation and behavior that is intentionally toxic both to communication and the game

TacWed 03-May-17 05:19 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#68030, "I found this reddit thread a fascinating study in commu..."
In response to Reply #4

https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/64d22h/how_to_become_an_echo_chamber/

Reddit has tools none of the existing CF forums has, but I think some of the same behaviors apply to the running of the place and its effect on the discourse that occurs.

I just don't see how not engaging in the discussion can make anything better.

LhydiaWed 03-May-17 05:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#68031, "If you don't have anything nice to say..."
In response to Reply #5

..don't say anything at all.

If the playerbase had adopted that strategy 15-20 years ago CF would still be thriving.

(Also I acknowledge I am guilty of not abiding by this principle, just making an observation)

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68021 Previous topic | Next topic