Subject: "What cabal is woefully underpowered and Why?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67871
Show all folders

TMNSSun 23-Apr-17 05:24 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67871, "What cabal is woefully underpowered and Why?"

I'm actually going to NOT say Rager, to be honest.

Not sure how it is now with an (?) Active IMM presence (Ishuli is a Trib IMM right...sorry, I've only logged an hour this week and it was mostly just trying to rank into self-sufficiency), but Trib sucks.

Like, really really sucks unless you're a leader.

Is there anything we can do to remedy that? I mean, as bad as being a Squire is, at least I have freedom of movement and (to be honest), somewhat less restrictions on what I do when not "on cabal business". And yeah, not having full powers sucks but so does only having powers that work against people who basically "knock on the door".

Just saying I think Trib kinda sucks and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurMon 24-Apr-17 08:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67891, "RE: What cabal is woefully underpowered and Why?"
In response to Reply #0

I don't find Trib underpowered so much as I find it boring, outside of Vindicator who can hunt people out of town.

Outside of leaders, when you take the fight to your enemy you do so without powers. If you want powers, you get to sit in a location that's globally known and wait for them to come to you. Of course they're only going to come to you when they conclude they can kill you.

sleepySun 23-Apr-17 09:31 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#67878, "Tribunals"
In response to Reply #0

I think whether you think they are underpowered or not really depends on your philosophy about what it means to be a Tribunal. Tribunals protect the city. That is what they do. That is what their goal is. Yes, you have Vindicators and the whole arm of hunting down criminals, but you can't tell me that vindicator powers arent super super strong. Fighting Provost and Vindicators is really annoying.

Personally, I think that the powers fit the cabal. You want to protect cities? Then you have powers that are designed towards protecting cities. Tribunal isn't about expanding the scope of power. I've played Provosts/provincials, so I'd like to think my theory on tribunal philosophy is at least one possibly correct view, but there are certainly other valid ones. Do these other valid ones, however, justify an expansion of tribunal powers? Eh, I don't think so.

TMNSMon 24-Apr-17 02:10 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#67883, "My recent 2 tribs might be coloring my opinions."
In response to Reply #2

Both had to deal with no having their cabal item often when I logged on.

The former had to deal with Outlanders usually having it.

The latter Battle (which, actually, I somewhat didn't mind because Hyena is dope).

As just a magistrate, I always felt underpowered in those battles. At hero level, guards aren't #### unless you have Provincial/Provost guards. Manacles is nice but I was mostly fighting melee-style builds so it wasn't nearly as powerful as I'd like if they came for me specifically.

TJHuronSun 23-Apr-17 06:06 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67875, "Entropy"
In response to Reply #0

I have no idea what's going on with that cabal but feels like it is still unfinished and we will just have to see what the staff has planned whenever they get around to it. I also wonder if part of the reason it is unfinished is for lack of member participation in game. I heard something about an entropy quest?

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67871 Previous topic | Next topic