Subject: "What's your favorite CF memory?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67869
Show all folders

TMNSSun 23-Apr-17 05:16 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67869, "What's your favorite CF memory?"
Edited on Sun 23-Apr-17 05:19 PM

Mine (oddly enough) still has to be being part of the quest at the end of the 4th(?) age, specifically I aided one of the mages in creating the new area that links the Sea with South Dairein (and one of the reasons it's in my top 10 for areas even though it's relatively small and nondescript).

Basically was playing a healer, mob hits me up and asks for aid in a proper evil/orderly way (was High Priest at the time...maybe only Imperial Priest but pretty sure I was High Priest) so I order a blade to come with me and guard the road for the mage to do some magic to clear a path to the sea.

At the time, player counts were 80-100 most logins, so I had 7-10 enemies in range. And since global echoes were happening, they all came looking for some free frags

In the end, black sanc + lowered mana costs likely made the difference (as did the IMMs wanting to finish the quest/put in a new area), but everytime I walk along that route I smile to myself and think "You helped build this!".

Honorable Mention: Figuring out what the Quaggoth blood did before any other Non-IMM (to my knowledge at least). When I figured it out I literally let out an evil supervillain cackle and then proceeded to flatter Kasty with compliments even though I was sitting alone at my computer.

Honorable Honorable Mention: My first PK on Twist with my first character. Was only like my 10th PK total on CF, and Twist was playing a Shaman in the Fortress before he Re-Imm'd.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: What's your favorite CF memory?, Jugynheim, 26-Apr-17 06:26 AM, #12
Reply I remember when you got assassinated. , Lhydia, 26-Apr-17 04:01 PM, #13
Reply This reminds me I gotta play another villager., TMNS, 26-Apr-17 05:52 PM, #14
     Reply Not likely. , Lhydia, 26-Apr-17 07:01 PM, #15
Reply RE: What's your favorite CF memory?, Bemused, 26-Apr-17 03:35 AM, #11
Reply Some that I enjoyed were also stories told by Thror, Kalageadon, 24-Apr-17 08:36 AM, #5
Reply RE: What's your favorite CF memory?, Kstatida, 24-Apr-17 04:40 AM, #3
Reply A few come to mind., Athioles, 24-Apr-17 02:49 AM, #2
Reply One of mine is being part of the anti-life quest, TJHuron, 23-Apr-17 07:12 PM, #1
     Reply RE: One of mine is being part of the anti-life quest, Kalageadon, 24-Apr-17 08:01 AM, #4
     Reply Wait...You played Tinuthiel?!, Iunna, 25-Apr-17 05:23 PM, #6
          Reply No, sorry, TJHuron, 25-Apr-17 06:59 PM, #7
               Reply Huh., Iunna, 25-Apr-17 07:54 PM, #8
                    Reply RE: Huh., TJHuron, 25-Apr-17 08:54 PM, #9
                         Reply The death thread is still there, TJHuron, 25-Apr-17 09:13 PM, #10

JugynheimWed 26-Apr-17 06:24 AM
Member since 10th Jul 2009
43 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67923, "RE: What's your favorite CF memory?"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 26-Apr-17 06:26 AM

So many... In response to someone's below about loving charm person it usually went like this.

Joe casts 'sdafo alkjny'
You follow Joe.
Joe orders you 'remove all'
Joe orders you 'drop all'
joe runs to the healer in galadon. (Any would do.)
Joe orders you 'kill healer'

As Khayman, a shadow ranger, Grimglum (another shadow ranger) and I raided Shadow back when the guardian was at the entrance and items didn't rot, after reading the definition of chaotic evil, and deciding while I appreciated the Shadow Guardian guy, he was a wimp and I could better protect the torch of shadows. This was when assassins and rangers could see everything. And wrath ate your ass with a vengeance if you were evil. Knights were fierce, so... Got in deep crap for it, despite my well-reasoned argument. This was all while playing sans a client on a green screen dumbdumb terminal. Was a blast! These were the same rangers who inadvertently killed Copraphagous when I think he accidentally aggro'd our bears while we were trying to decide who to kill next. He was a champ about it!

Loved running around as Infestix in Entropy, confusing mobs and making them fight each other for fun. Luring aggressive types to the gates of galadon. Getting into Entropy with one character by telling Pico I didn't get my invite but I was certain I was supposed to be a Baron. Because... Entropy!

Fighting Istendil when he suicided on the Empire, as Emperor he anathema'd himself, with at least 12 of us on and then essentially demanded we fight him and didn't flee which he likely could have. His reasoning was sound, in that he was so tough he'd made us all complacent and weak.

Playing Daerkshyn when Thror was the mortal leader of the village, age died but I think got tired of waiting to totally die so I deleted which precluded me from having a chance at the pillar. But I made it with Hyshrawr during Trewyn's tenure as leader so it was all good.

Playing Jugynheim, got accused of being Twist by a thief who made the mistake of peeking in at the Grove in the midst of my interviewing an applicant. I enjoyed Jug a lot, got slept by a necro and the game crashed, I relogged right away, still slept, managed to survive but the necro gave me kudos for returning. Got dragged into the war in dwarven forest against the villagers so they could have their road, at the behest of the powers that be. Was a fun skirmish. Only died once with him in 500+ hours and fought a lot, soon as I went for heroimm I died to every imm there was, usually multiple times as a 'Roll out the welcome mat!' sort of thing.

Lots more just hard to remember them all...

LhydiaWed 26-Apr-17 04:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#67925, "I remember when you got assassinated. "
In response to Reply #12

I was playing a Scion thief at the time and hell if I can remember the name of the dark-elf assassin that got you. I just remember him saying..Jugynheim has been humbled.

It was cool because I wasn't familiar with assassinate at the time and I had seen your gear and wasn't really sure how you would have died as a ranger. Ended up rolling up Jalim right after that if I recall correctly and was hooked on assassinate forever.

TMNSWed 26-Apr-17 05:52 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#67926, "This reminds me I gotta play another villager."
In response to Reply #12

Need to get my name etched on that ####ing pillar lol.

LhydiaWed 26-Apr-17 07:00 PM
2390 posts
#67927, "Not likely. "
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Wed 26-Apr-17 07:01 PM

Even the last couple of people who have gotten gechoes on their condeath about being added to the pillar haven't been added. Salpcha was like 2-3 years ago.

BemusedWed 26-Apr-17 03:35 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#67922, "RE: What's your favorite CF memory?"
In response to Reply #0

Can't remember many of the specifics because it was several decades ago and led to the spell getting removed but my favourite CF memories (and by a LONG way) involve the "Charm Person" spell.

KalageadonMon 24-Apr-17 08:36 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#67892, "Some that I enjoyed were also stories told by Thror"
In response to Reply #0

First was when I first got into a Cabal, it was Battle, and to learn that the man who Inducted me lost his hands was awful and then to see him get them back as fists/maces combined, that was incredible.

Being in Battle when we waged war with Sylvan, burning the road through the Dwarven forest. I remember wanting more than anything to become a sapper and never did but all the horrible fights and then eventually being part of the creation of the ruins and new road was great.

One that they don't tell so much was when the village powers were changed. Bloodthirst went from being haste/damage/auto attack all to some iteration of what it is now and the introduction of the "War Room" and it's teachings from the plaque, etc. Boltthrower was disgusted at what the village had become and put his axe through the tablet and we had the choice of learning new tactics from Drow from the underdark or opposing them and there was a massive wave of IMM controlled mobs that came up from the Underdark once we finally decided to oppose them and killed like 10 or 12 of us, more than once, because the they were just too OP.

Another that's pretty fond is when I had a villager during Zorzaul's time and watching him take apart our 7 hero villager raiding party without a single zombie. I saw so many insane things from him, like when I fought him down to writhing, he fled, and was full health when I reengaged maybe 1 tic later.

Recently, one that really sticks out is the First night of 100 players brawl in spider haunt woods. There were 18 hero/one almost hero players who got to join in and Thror again was there. This time, as Klibendon, I managed to win the whole thing and was about as proud as I've ever been at an accomplishment in CF because not only did I survive that massive onslaught but my patron god was one of the hosts and his follower took the title.

Another in recent memory was when I was playing Guargoux. I finally killed Tiamat, which I'd never done and I've been playing since 98ish.. It caused me to lose my leadership role in Nexus. Which sounds bad but that caused something a little funny. Since I lost leadership my age was suddenly almost maxed and one day when I was helping some Nexuns rank in my trusty shark form, I age died. My corpse didn't show up and I was stuck as a ghost shark. Until, Rayihn came down and forced me to revert, somehow (ghosts don't have skills), and allowed me to say my final words and was met with the send off of some gechoes.

Something else that I really miss from the really oldern days was that any time an IMM decided to leave or quit, or anything like that, there was almost always an accompanying set of gechoes with gods fighting. Like, I remember when Holtzendorf (my patron at the time) was going into battle raging into the fight and ended up being cleaved by Zhulginlour. Things like that always got people logging in to see what was going on and took pride or rage in the outcome.

KstatidaMon 24-Apr-17 04:38 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67887, "RE: What's your favorite CF memory?"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 24-Apr-17 04:40 AM

1) Finishing off Corzu as Gromm at Redhorn. I think I've spent months trying to learn the ropes and preps to land that kill and when I did, it was awesome. Thanks torak for that fight.

2) Following Zhabala (zargu) to Pyramid of Azhan as Gromm. I did not know the area, and somehow thought I could kill her easily. That ended up with me convulsing running around the pyramid. I was first time into the area, was running around while simultaneously asking on cabal channel "how the hell do I get out of here?". Due to spamming where and following zargu's movements I've figured out how to escape the pyramid and got out in the end. The whole situation was like adrenaline fix of the year, no kills involved.

3) Roflstomping +20 lvl characters as Kaer at 16-18 levels. My favorite moment was when someone like +18 levels above me being in my pk tells you 'Ah, someone's been a bad bad boy' That made me laugh out loud.

4) Lots and lots of flurryraping as Kaer on ppl who thought they had me cornered (Annkhu being favorite with Golthazar being a close 2nd).

5) Fun interactions (including being booted from Empire) with Emnon as Zqoemoa and eventual tatting. I loved the dude so much, sad panda he autoed.

A couple of moments with my current, not gonna out her sorry.

AthiolesMon 24-Apr-17 02:17 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#67886, "A few come to mind."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 24-Apr-17 02:49 AM

1) Logging on as Rhyaldrin to Malahki just finishing a raid to take the Key. He ran back to the Village and challenged me to a one-on-one duel for the Key and I won. As a newbie that was stomped repeatedly by Malakhi that was a real awesome moment for me.

2) Defeating the Lich as Azhelak and wrapping up that entire quest line. Thanks again to Ray and Daev, wherever you guys are.

3) So many as Nazarates but one that stands out was going to get the Codex back after logging on to find Gwild in the trees. I was insected, badly beaten up and then Fort showed up enmasse. I somehow ran around blind, got to Arkham, ran out of moves ate a few silver pills and limped into the Palace. Healed a few time with the little gold I had as they killed the Vanq then walked right past them and ran in circles until I could hide again. It's not often CF gets my blood pumping anymore but that definitely did. My hands were even shaking.

3) Getting Scar's tattoo as Cainasir. Never expected him to answer the prayer let alone tattoo me.

4) Overthrowing Xeneth as Sindrir. As an aside to that Destuvius threw me at Tiamat when I was an anathema and I was blinded first round and still managed to escape the tower. The chat that followed with Desutvius was simply awesome and set the stage for the overthrow.

4a) Being forced to kill Kregan to end the overthrow. Daphedee wrote a great recap of all that in the Lyceum and the Imperial library in the Lands.

4b) Allowing Daphedee to draw one card from the Deck of Fate and she pulled the Emperor card. Coolest moment that I somehow failed to log.

TJHuronSun 23-Apr-17 07:12 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67876, "One of mine is being part of the anti-life quest"
In response to Reply #0

That was super cool. My character was pregnant with the anti-life!!

Another is when Crraya confronted me as Ishuntal and demanded that I call spellbane in front of her. She basically, amazingly, figured out that the imms took spellbane away from me because he was a Scion spy. So I emoted something about him trying to call spellbane but failing and she uninducted me on the spot. I cackled and vanished away! That was a lot of fun. A super fun character. I wish Arvam were still around. He played a huge role in the character. Also I think NbM was Chancellor at the time and he also was good help and played along. He could have told me to #### off and killed the character idea right there.

KalageadonMon 24-Apr-17 08:01 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#67890, "RE: One of mine is being part of the anti-life quest"
In response to Reply #1

Anti-Life quest was pretty crazy. Having Intronan fight and die, lots of famous Village Commanders raised as undead in the village, the destruction of the White Tower and Nexus, and little ol Zylundak Darktears, Smith of the Noldarian Forge and Commander of Battle, raging my heart out against all of it.

IunnaTue 25-Apr-17 05:23 PM
473 posts
#67917, "Wait...You played Tinuthiel?!"
In response to Reply #1

I always liked her. Those were some good times.

<1236hp 470m 756mv 19144tnl>
Ilraeth says 'My sister can not stand with me this night, for she gave me her strenght to return to this land in order to stand by Dalnik and his wife, the late Tinuthiel.'

Krivohan nods.

Dalnik tugs on the edges of his shirt, staring down at his feet for a moment.

TJHuronTue 25-Apr-17 06:59 PM
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67918, "No, sorry"
In response to Reply #6

The character was called Aidamo. She was a Kasty follower and I always assumed it was him running the quest but after a bunch of dreams and whatnot she became pregnant with the Anti-life and was given a custom long showing her with child. Eventually the Anti-life was born and released into Thera. Sabiene acted the midwife for her and it was a pretty fun and intense log in.

I think a lot more happened with the Anti-life that I wasn't a part of. That was just my small but memorable role in it.

IunnaTue 25-Apr-17 07:54 PM
473 posts
#67919, "Huh."
In response to Reply #7

I didn't realize the Anti-Life pregnancy thing happened twice. What year was that? The quest I knew of (with Tinuthiel being the pregnant one) was in 2002.

TJHuronTue 25-Apr-17 08:54 PM
1132 posts
#67920, "RE: Huh."
In response to Reply #8

It was actually pretty close to that time. Like '01 or maybe very beginning of '02. Wish I had logs but way too long ago.

I am surprised too! I didn't know it happened to someone else either!

I don't remember much happening with it after. I ended up having to take a 2-3 month break with the character where I basically logged in once or twice for 5 minutes to keep the character alive in the early summer. Maybe it got rebooted after that or because of it. I even recall Kasty making a comment on my death thread about how it was pretty tough for a character to take a break like that because, at the time, character turn over was a lot faster. When I came back there were hardly any familiar faces.

TJHuronTue 25-Apr-17 09:13 PM
1132 posts
#67921, "The death thread is still there"
In response to Reply #9

OK, looks like I'm mistaken about Kasty saying that in the death thread. I do remember the comment from him but might have been in game or something.

However, there was this fun little nugget:

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=19598&mesg_id=19603&page=

It's damn hard to remember that far back! Looks like Aidamo con-died right before the quest came to an end. Nostalgic for sure.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67869 Previous topic | Next topic