Subject: "Immortals: Current State of CF" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67648
Show all folders

Concerned Citizen (Anonymous)Fri 07-Apr-17 03:38 PM
Charter member
#67648, "Immortals: Current State of CF"

This is mostly meant to be directed to current Immortals and is meant in no way to be a dig.

I love this game. I've been playing on-and-off for probably about 20 years, so needless to say I care about it and would hate to see it cease to exist.

If you go take a look at Dio's, you'll see people on the char board "quitting" CF due to not only lack of numbers, but there are certain things that are left in Immortal hands that are going completely neglected.

There are several cabals that have fallen into complete neglect (pretty much all but Tribunal, from what I gather), which is making a tiny playerbase completely lopsided and borderline unplayable for all people involved. You end up with 6 hero tribunals and no criminals, all just sitting around... you get the idea.

Not to get into depth, but I have a current character attempting to get into a cabal that is completely IMM-induct only at this point and have prayed every day at all different times for 2+ weeks with not even a response telling me I'm not ready or some kind of message to keep me trying toward my end goal.

Now, I've been around the block a few times so I know (or hope) it's not intentional and just a lack of coverage, but if I were a newer player, this would leave a terrible taste in my mouth and this is evident in the player of Throz's death thread on Dio's as well.

What can be done?

Give these hero IMMs a little more juice. Lay down some basic ground-rules and let all Immortals dabble in different cabals to get things rolling.

Action needs to happen pretty soon, there's not many more players to lose here and you don't want to be staring at an empty MUD saying "What if..."

I know tons of hours and blood, sweat and tears have gone into this thing. I really don't want to see it fail and I'm not doing this for any direct benefit of my own or to start arguments and hear about how 'wrong' I am.

This is purely a lover of the game attempting to stir up a call to action.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

laxmanSat 08-Apr-17 12:13 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#67652, "Bring on the automation"
In response to Reply #0

I really like empires model, anyone can join and player interaction drives promotion. Tribunal is similar though a much more boring RP niche.

For fortress let any maran/acolyte induct and let leaders promote. For outlander/battle/herald make a recommendation command and have getting 2 or 3 cause induct. Leave scarab as is since it is an elite cabal. I don't know enough about entropy to comment.

In general the more we impact we put into player to player interaction the more of it we should see.

IsildurSat 08-Apr-17 10:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67653, "RE: Bring on the automation"
In response to Reply #1

If you're going to let any Maran induct I'd want the vetting process for Maran to be way more strict. I could see creating an "Lieutenant" designation that doesn't give any game-play advantages but allows a trusted Maran to induct squires.

Let mortal leader(s) recommend Maran for promotion to Lieutenant status. Staff abides by mortal recommendations unless there's a good reason to do otherwise.

Problem with having mortals promote is that they just don't have enough information. Even being in the same cabal, they might not have much direct contact with the squires/scribes. Leaders can see evil kill counts, but that's not the only (or even the most important) criterion for promotion.

KstatidaSun 09-Apr-17 02:17 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67673, "RE: Bring on the automation"
In response to Reply #2

>Problem with having mortals promote is that they just don't
>have enough information.

Noone has enough information, it doesn't matter. ####ty people get promoted all the time, it's life.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67648 Previous topic | Next topic