Subject: "What areas are these?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67462
Show all folders

TacThu 16-Mar-17 08:44 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67462, "What areas are these?"

Road All Destuvius The Mountain Stream
Road All Uller The River Nanthor
Road All Uller A Foothills Path

Pretty sure I know the Nanthor part is south of the black wood east of Udgaard and has its own area, but the other two are just unspecific enough that I can't hammer down what is where.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Mountain Stream, Destuvius, 16-Mar-17 10:48 AM, #2
Reply RE: Mountain Stream, Tac, 16-Mar-17 01:32 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Mountain Stream, Destuvius, 16-Mar-17 02:12 PM, #6
          Reply Map isn't my work, but would appreciate knowing., Tac, 16-Mar-17 02:20 PM, #8
               Reply Mountain Stream Connection, Destuvius, 16-Mar-17 04:46 PM, #11
               Reply Thanks! nt, Tac, 16-Mar-17 05:44 PM, #12
               Reply Thank you!, Seriphax, 16-Mar-17 09:21 PM, #13
Reply RE: What areas are these?, Isildur, 16-Mar-17 09:44 AM, #1
     Reply Nope, Ysaloerye, 16-Mar-17 11:38 AM, #3
          Reply Ok I'm rolling a marine, Kstatida, 16-Mar-17 11:48 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Nope, Tac, 16-Mar-17 02:14 PM, #7
               Reply The Mountain Stream (which I think he is refering to), Destuvius, 16-Mar-17 02:46 PM, #9
                    Reply I assumed Picnic area, since they wrote it?, Tac, 16-Mar-17 03:06 PM, #10
                         Reply Oh you're WAY too serious, Ysaloerye, 17-Mar-17 05:24 PM, #14
                              Reply I'm really not..., Tac, 19-Mar-17 08:49 AM, #15
                              Reply CF needs a badass orc, Kstatida, 20-Mar-17 03:42 AM, #16
                                   Reply I'm still waiting on my purple pants of armor replaceme..., Tac, 20-Mar-17 07:57 AM, #17
                                   Reply Garfuka seems pretty legit. nt, sleepy, 20-Mar-17 06:49 PM, #18
                                        Reply He's fine, Kstatida, 21-Mar-17 04:26 AM, #19
                              Reply Curious, Torak, 24-Mar-17 04:57 AM, #20
                                   Reply Sounds like you need to roll something up and go look. ..., ice king, 24-Mar-17 10:52 AM, #21

DestuviusThu 16-Mar-17 10:48 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67464, "Mountain Stream"
In response to Reply #0

Its a 10ish room area that connects between the waterfall plunge basin in Targeth's and Voralia's Tears by Galadon.

At its roll-out there was no way for a hand full of things to escape the waterfall basin in Targeth's so this was added to fix that.

TacThu 16-Mar-17 01:32 PM
2050 posts
#67467, "RE: Mountain Stream"
In response to Reply #2

http://wiki.qhcf.net/index.php?title=Targeth%27s_Manor

Is it the piece on the right hand side that says waterfall and stuff, or something else? Just trying to get all the maps named right and connected up properly.

DestuviusThu 16-Mar-17 02:12 PM
1012 posts
#67468, "RE: Mountain Stream"
In response to Reply #5

If I am remembering right, the calm stream room you have on the map is actually the first room of the mountain stream area. I can't log in right now to confirm though so maybe someone else from Team IMM can. If not, I'll let you know later.

TacThu 16-Mar-17 02:20 PM
2050 posts
#67470, "Map isn't my work, but would appreciate knowing."
In response to Reply #6

Just trying to clean up/fix up the maps to match actual area names and such so that there isn't any ambiguity between them.

DestuviusThu 16-Mar-17 04:46 PM
1012 posts
#67473, "Mountain Stream Connection"
In response to Reply #8

It connects just north of the room:

A Calm Stream Near a Waterfall

TacThu 16-Mar-17 05:44 PM
2050 posts
#67474, "Thanks! nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

SeriphaxThu 16-Mar-17 09:21 PM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
#67482, "Thank you!"
In response to Reply #8

I was just in this area the other day and missed the eastern exit by a move or so. Then fell into the waterfall and swept away. I was trying to find which area it was to see where I went wrong, but couldn't find the right area. This is that! Thank you.

IsildurThu 16-Mar-17 09:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#67463, "RE: What areas are these?"
In response to Reply #0

Mountain Stream could be where those gnomes are fishing if you take a detour on the way to Hillcrest.

YsaloeryeThu 16-Mar-17 11:38 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#67465, "Nope"
In response to Reply #1

That's a 10 room mini area thematic add on.
With some cool things I still don't think anyone has caught on to!

KstatidaThu 16-Mar-17 11:48 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67466, "Ok I'm rolling a marine"
In response to Reply #3

To camp everyone who's gonna run there today.

TacThu 16-Mar-17 02:14 PM
2050 posts
#67469, "RE: Nope"
In response to Reply #3

>With some cool things I still don't think anyone has caught on
>to!

It's always tough when people seem to attack our work, but please take this as constructive feedback rather than any attempt to #### on your work. If people haven't caught onto it yet, and the area has been around for... 11 years... you probably didn't do a good enough job of making it... enjoyable? profitable? obvious?

11 years is a long time for some cool things to not be caught on to...

DestuviusThu 16-Mar-17 02:46 PM
1012 posts
#67471, "The Mountain Stream (which I think he is refering to)"
In response to Reply #7

Is only 6ish months old

TacThu 16-Mar-17 03:06 PM
2050 posts
#67472, "I assumed Picnic area, since they wrote it?"
In response to Reply #9

Something with fishing I think, but... yea...

YsaloeryeFri 17-Mar-17 05:24 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#67494, "Oh you're WAY too serious"
In response to Reply #10

It was tongue in cheek.
It's a fun little 10 room thing with a cool (if you're a gnome) little easter-egg. Really only funny to me as it replicates a family outing of my youth.

TacSun 19-Mar-17 08:49 AM
2050 posts
#67520, "I'm really not..."
In response to Reply #14

I also had no way to tell that was tongue in cheek. I've also spent some time, including after you mentioned it, trying to figure out what is going on in that area. I still don't know...

I might be passionate about CF, or it may be some other personality quirk, but it definitely isn't an over abundance of seriousness...

Also. How do I *not* get 10K role exp for a "totally not the Incredible Hulk" role? Seriously. Would it be better if I played a totally serious full-sac to the god of destruction orc, because that was literally the other option I came up with. Seriously.

KstatidaMon 20-Mar-17 03:42 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67525, "CF needs a badass orc"
In response to Reply #15

And the only one I know so far isn't even a hero yet.

TacMon 20-Mar-17 07:57 AM
2050 posts
#67527, "I'm still waiting on my purple pants of armor replaceme..."
In response to Reply #16

Which is clearly not going to happen, but also is something my "totally not the incredible hulk" character would wear.

sleepyMon 20-Mar-17 06:49 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#67540, "Garfuka seems pretty legit. nt"
In response to Reply #16

no text

KstatidaTue 21-Mar-17 04:26 AM
2214 posts
#67545, "He's fine"
In response to Reply #18

But not badass

TorakFri 24-Mar-17 04:57 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67564, "Curious"
In response to Reply #14

You mean the tree right?

ice kingFri 24-Mar-17 10:52 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
#67566, "Sounds like you need to roll something up and go look. ..."
In response to Reply #20

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67462 Previous topic | Next topic