Subject: "Information on the Empire" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67343
Show all folders

Seeker of Information (Anonymous)Sat 04-Mar-17 02:26 PM
Charter member
#67343, "Information on the Empire"

Since I was not playing since day 1... I am just looking for some information on the Empire that I cannot seem to find in game.

What age was the First Empire implemented?

What age was the First Empire disbanded?

Can anyone point me to in game lore or help files of Valguerna's betrayal of the Empire? I see reference to it all over but cannot find actual documentation of it in game.

What age did the current empire come back? I can see (in the History Board) it was in 2003, with Zulg and Khasotholas, but I don't know which years/dates tie to specific ages.

Who was the first Shadow Lord of the resurgent Empire? The other 3 council members were listed, just not this one.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply First shadow lord of "new" (aka current) Empire was Nav..., TMNS, 04-Mar-17 04:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: First shadow lord of , Jhyrbian, 04-Mar-17 04:28 PM, #2
     Reply Maybe it was the first shadow then?, TMNS, 04-Mar-17 07:48 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Maybe it was the first shadow then?, Jhyrbian, 04-Mar-17 07:54 PM, #4
               Reply And now we are stuck with Palan and Jalim., TMNS, 04-Mar-17 08:28 PM, #6
     Reply Correcting misinformation..., Twist, 04-Mar-17 08:25 PM, #5
          Reply Btw, a question, wln, 05-Mar-17 12:18 PM, #7
               Reply Not that I know of. (nt), Twist, 05-Mar-17 01:35 PM, #8
               Reply Scarabaeus website has about end of second age. , KoeKhaos, 05-Mar-17 03:06 PM, #9

TMNSSat 04-Mar-17 04:15 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67345, "First shadow lord of "new" (aka current) Empire was Nav..."
In response to Reply #0

1) Believe it was the 2nd Age the first Empire was implemented. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a "stock" cabal like Ragers/Arbiter. (I was not playing until the new Empire came back in, so some of these answers might not be 100% correct).

2) It got disbanded somewhere in the middle of the 3rd Age, if I remember correctly. I want to say 2001?

3) Not sure there is in game lore, but basically Valg was a Master leader, betrayed Masters with the help of some Imperial Arcane Sect character to start Scion. Hence why the Arcane sect doesn't exist in the current Empire anymore (since they were remembered as Betrayers).
Best bet for IC lore is usually the Lyceum though.

4) Came back before the beginning of the 4th Age. So it got disbanded and brought back (technically) in the Same Age.

5) Answered with my subject post. If it wasn't Navarro (and I'm 99% positive it was) it was Yanacek, who later became the 2nd Emperor.

JhyrbianSat 04-Mar-17 04:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67346, "RE: First shadow lord of "
In response to Reply #1

definitely wasn't Navarro, I deleted. Pretty sure it went to Yanacek.

TMNSSat 04-Mar-17 07:48 PM
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67355, "Maybe it was the first shadow then?"
In response to Reply #2

I didn't start playing until like a year after that.

JhyrbianSat 04-Mar-17 07:54 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67356, "RE: Maybe it was the first shadow then?"
In response to Reply #3

Ya, prob the first Shadow, definitely the coolest.

TMNSSat 04-Mar-17 08:28 PM
2670 posts
#67359, "And now we are stuck with Palan and Jalim."
In response to Reply #4

Thanks Canada

*Is about to start a crowdfund effort to get Jhyrb to get TPK back and roll thieves*

TwistSat 04-Mar-17 08:25 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#67358, "Correcting misinformation..."
In response to Reply #1

>1) Believe it was the 2nd Age the first Empire was
>implemented. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a "stock"
>cabal like Ragers/Arbiter. (I was not playing until the new
>Empire came back in, so some of these answers might not be
>100% correct).

2nd age is when clerics were split into shaman, druids, and healers. Also when giants were split into fire giants, storm giants, and cloud giants. And when mages were split into invokers, transmuters, and necromancers.

There weren't any "stock" cabals. The first five cabals were Justice, Entropy, Master, BattleRagers, and Shadow. Originally, Justice and Shadow were supposed to be enemies, Master and Battle of course, and Entropy was supposed to generally just be chaotic and troublesome. Justice ended up fighting Entropy a lot, though, and still Shadow, which made it tough to be part of Justice. Knights was added during the 2nd Age. About that same time, Justice changed to Arbiters.

Pretty sure Empire was 3rd Age. Shadow got done away with (because it was supposed to be an "Intrigue" cabal but everyone knew who was Shadow because they ran around with Nightwalkers and stuff all the time) and Empire was born to be the "evilguy" cabal.

>2) It got disbanded somewhere in the middle of the 3rd Age, if
>I remember correctly. I want to say 2001?

This is probably correct, I don't recall the exact timeline of when it was disbanded. I do remember bits and pieces of it all, including working with a wanting-to-heroimm Valguarnera to make it all happen IC.

>3) Not sure there is in game lore, but basically Valg was a
>Master leader, betrayed Masters with the help of some Imperial
>Arcane Sect character to start Scion. Hence why the Arcane
>sect doesn't exist in the current Empire anymore (since they
>were remembered as Betrayers).
>Best bet for IC lore is usually the Lyceum though.

This is correct. The Arcane Sect leader was Zeglufin (not sure on the spelling) which is the name of the mob outside the Empire cabal that always gets killed in one area spell. The lore is that once Empire was reborn, Zeglufin was trapped in his shifted form and forever stands outside the Palace.

>4) Came back before the beginning of the 4th Age. So it got
>disbanded and brought back (technically) in the Same Age.

Keep in mind that the 3rd Age was by far the longest. A ton of cabals came and went during the time - Dawn, Warlock, Nexus (first one), Troupe (became Herald), Sylvan (sorta became Outlander), Arbiter became Blood Tribunal (or maybe something else in between, I don't remember).

4th Age heralded the new Nexus. 5th Age came due to a server/pfile wipe because the hosting provider we had at the time were a bunch of nitwits.

>5) Answered with my subject post. If it wasn't Navarro (and
>I'm 99% positive it was) it was Yanacek, who later became the
>2nd Emperor.
No idea on this one, I wasn't around when Empire came back.

wlnSun 05-Mar-17 12:18 PM
Member since 11th Jun 2016
134 posts
#67366, "Btw, a question"
In response to Reply #5

Is there any more or less full chronicle of the all ages? Key events, most famous leaders, etc?

TwistSun 05-Mar-17 01:35 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#67367, "Not that I know of. (nt)"
In response to Reply #7

KoeKhaosSun 05-Mar-17 03:03 PM
400 posts
#67368, "Scarabaeus website has about end of second age. "
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Sun 05-Mar-17 03:06 PM

http://www.andysmithmusic.com/cf_third-age.html

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67343 Previous topic | Next topic