Subject: "Request re: dwarves" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67147
Show all folders

jalbrinMon 20-Feb-17 04:25 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67147, "Request re: dwarves"

Give them 23 str over their current 22. Give them the option to be anything other then a battle berserker, PK fodder for everyone else, or RP champions.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply They can make a decent shaman. nt, Akresius, 23-Feb-17 06:43 PM, #10
Reply I feel like dwarves are supposed to be good warriors fi..., TJHuron, 25-Feb-17 02:55 AM, #11
     Reply I can agree with that..., Akresius, 26-Feb-17 01:08 PM, #15
Reply RE: Request re: dwarves, Destuvius, 20-Feb-17 07:02 PM, #3
Reply RE: Request re: dwarves, Demos, 20-Feb-17 08:34 PM, #4
Reply Dwarf sword sucks, especially in Nexus, Destuvius, 20-Feb-17 08:49 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Dwarf sword sucks, especially in Nexus, Demos, 20-Feb-17 09:01 PM, #6
     Reply Yeah but you're constantly fighting uphill battles., TMNS, 20-Feb-17 10:07 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Yeah but you're constantly fighting uphill battles., Destuvius, 20-Feb-17 10:49 PM, #8
               Reply Yeah, it's not Gnome Warrior uphill battle., TMNS, 25-Feb-17 05:30 PM, #12
                    Reply Gnome can be a deadly warrior too. ;), Klibendon (Anonymous), 25-Feb-17 05:58 PM, #13
                         Reply And you're the most deadly gnome ever, right?, TMNS, 25-Feb-17 06:30 PM, #14
Reply I agree but..., Athioles, 21-Feb-17 07:05 AM, #9
Reply RE: Request re: dwarves, Isildur, 20-Feb-17 05:47 PM, #1
     Reply Damn, just missed the cutoff :( NT, TMNS, 20-Feb-17 06:21 PM, #2

AkresiusThu 23-Feb-17 06:43 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67176, "They can make a decent shaman. nt"
In response to Reply #0

TJHuronSat 25-Feb-17 02:55 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67177, "I feel like dwarves are supposed to be good warriors fi..."
In response to Reply #10

And good priests second

AkresiusSun 26-Feb-17 01:08 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67183, "I can agree with that..."
In response to Reply #11

... I don't generally play successful warriors, dwarf or otherwise, but I've done well with a dwarf shaman and fairly decent with a dwarf healer.

If I can hypothesize, you get a lot of HP to work with which means you can gear totally for damage and soak up hits while winning a slugfest of attrition. That's how I played my shaman except replace "damage" with "mana."

DestuviusMon 20-Feb-17 07:02 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67150, "RE: Request re: dwarves"
In response to Reply #0

Dwarves are weird, warriors especially. They take a very peculiar way of building them compared to other races. If you can manage to wrap your head around it though, they can be pretty gd powerful. Even stupid dwarf sword.

DemosMon 20-Feb-17 08:34 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#67151, "RE: Request re: dwarves"
In response to Reply #3

Twist rocked a pretty impressive nexus dwarf sword. Fwiw it takes a fair amount of intelligent gearing & solid prep knowledge to work as well as an unconventional build.

DestuviusMon 20-Feb-17 08:49 PM
1012 posts
#67152, "Dwarf sword sucks, especially in Nexus"
In response to Reply #4

Its actually not so bad, especially if you manage to snowball.

DemosMon 20-Feb-17 09:01 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#67153, "RE: Dwarf sword sucks, especially in Nexus"
In response to Reply #5

Ya I played one to 42 fro the inspiration I got from him. I am definitely two or three tiers below lol. On all factors. The gearing looked way more important than spec to me.

TMNSMon 20-Feb-17 10:06 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#67154, "Yeah but you're constantly fighting uphill battles."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Mon 20-Feb-17 10:07 PM

I'm played 2 (relatively) successful dwarf warriors and you're tough when you're geared up and have cabal powers.

That being said, you can still be overwhelmed by high str builds AND outmelee'd by DEX builds.

The only thing dwarf warrior shines at is fighting mages and most communers, usually. Probably why the best build for dwarf success is Battle Dwarf.

DestuviusMon 20-Feb-17 10:49 PM
1012 posts
#67155, "RE: Yeah but you're constantly fighting uphill battles."
In response to Reply #7

Eh, I had what could be considered great success with a dwarf warrior. Hell, my dwarf warrior was even better than any of Twist's that I can name!

I'm a firm believer that there will never be a dwarf build that becomes the new flavor of the month, but I do believe that it will always have a place in the top end of viable.

TMNSSat 25-Feb-17 05:30 PM
2670 posts
#67178, "Yeah, it's not Gnome Warrior uphill battle."
In response to Reply #8

But it ain't as good as duergar/fire/cloud/storm/felar/arial/half-drow/half-elf/elf/drow/minotaur.

It's on par with svirf, human, and azure.

So 3rd to 5th worst warrior race is probably a fair assessment.

Klibendon (Anonymous)Sat 25-Feb-17 05:58 PM
Charter member
#67179, "Gnome can be a deadly warrior too. ;)"
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Sat 25-Feb-17 05:58 PM

I wasn't super deathful but 117 PKW is nothing to stick one's nose up at being 86th of all time warrior PK list.

TMNSSat 25-Feb-17 06:30 PM
2670 posts
#67180, "And you're the most deadly gnome ever, right?"
In response to Reply #13

At least in the PBF era, so yeah, kinda proved my point

AthiolesTue 21-Feb-17 07:05 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#67157, "I agree but..."
In response to Reply #3

That's much harder to do now with the edge point nerf.

Of course that could be said of most builds.

IsildurMon 20-Feb-17 05:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#67148, "RE: Request re: dwarves"
In response to Reply #0

Seems like there can be one non-RBW dwarf ass kicker at any given time. Need full set of spiked and mark of the dwarven crusader. This assumes it's not on some dwarf healer or paladin.

For fun, I looked at top dwarfs over at Dio's. Of the 14 dwarven characters with 100+ PKs:

7 were Battle; 7 were non-Battle
12 were warriors; 2 were non-warriors (one shaman and one paladin)
of the non-battle, 4 were Fortress and 3 were Nexus

TMNSMon 20-Feb-17 06:21 PM
2670 posts
#67149, "Damn, just missed the cutoff :( NT"
In response to Reply #1

I would have been the only uncaballed

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67147 Previous topic | Next topic