Subject: "My total edgepoint theory for PK/EXPLORE/SOCIAL." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #66381
Show all folders

KoeKhaosSun 15-Jan-17 12:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66381, "My total edgepoint theory for PK/EXPLORE/SOCIAL."
Edited on Sun 15-Jan-17 01:13 PM

So I've been thinking a lot after replying to Oldfags post because these are all things I've thought about from time to time. It's just ideas and may be ####ty ones, but I decided I should put them out fully fleshed while I am thinking about them in case any of them appeal to anyone in the future. All of these EXP could be equivalent to getting immexp but through player means and of course immexp, and the other current edge points sources, will still be a thing because I think religions are an important aspect of CF and the others are mostly balanced.

-=PKExp=-

WINS
power = 0 to 40exp (however this is set for APs)
Leader bonus if not 0 in the power = +5 for council level, +10 for emperor level.
age since last death = 1exp per hour since last pkdeath. 0exp = less than 1 hour. 1exp = 1 hour. 50exp = 50+ hours.
So you could get anywhere between 0exp if you killed a weakling that was kill recently to 100exp for a leader who has been alive a long time and is powerful. Details beyond all this could be hashed out for balance but gives the general idea. Most kills probably wouldn't give very much but added up over time could be a decent boost to edge points for those who enjoy pk most and encourage for fighting the toughest enemies.

LOSSES
This basically will reverse the WIN points but at a reduced amount. So each time you get PKed it will give you exp based on who killed you. A weakling killing you would give you very little, maybe even 0 if they were killed recently and considered a weakling. If the Emperor, who hasn't died in 50 hours, and is worth 5 or more AP charges kills you you get 25exp for at least trying to fight him (25% of what killing him would give you). This could be more or less depending on how it goes. 10% might be more reasonable for losses as I don't really know the stats of how this might balance out. This would be even less, except for those who die a lot who need the help, than pkwins but over the life of a char could encourage them to troop on and keep bringing the fights.

-=ExploreExp=-

I was happy with previous system mostly. Maybe reduce the observation/explore exp to really rare or hard to find objects or places and add what was removed into actually defeating the really tough NPCs in game for the first time. I'd also like to see really tough quests, only the tough ones, grant a small amount of exploreexp, maybe just like the equivalent of 100immexp. This will encourage players who don't really like to pk but enjoy exploring, like myself.

-=SocialExp=-

This is the meat of my idea and what I'd like most. Add playerexp points. Every 10 in game hours played a player receives one point. A sub-leader would get 1.5 points and a leader get 2 or 3 points. The bonus could also be granted to High Priests in a religion or prominent players at Imms discretion. Every player can then apply this point to another player. They can only do so once every in game hour played and only once to a player every 3-5 times on rotation. They would have a playerexp list that would show how many points they have and the last 3-5 players they gave it to so they know who they can't apply to right away as well as a timer for the next time they can grant one. They will also be able to add a small note to it but it will only be shown on a PBF when a player is dead. They can do it whether the player is online/offline/visible etc in case the player logs off or they don't get a chance to reward them for some reason like duo/camo. A player won't know when or who they received a point from and will receive all points granted over the past 10 hours at every 10th hour mark played. Each point is worth the equivalent of 100immexp. There will also be an edge that you spend the equivalent of 200-300immexp in edge points into being granted an extra playerexp point you can give out for players who have more edge points than they want to use. This would encourage players to interact with each other more and reward each other for tough fights, good rp, cabal duties, helping a player out, or even leading exploration expeditions.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KoeKhaosTue 17-Jan-17 04:25 AM
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66564, "Can't edit anymore but wanted to mention..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 17-Jan-17 04:27 AM

That the main idea of the pkloss part would be that if there were some guy train wrecking people they would at least get something out of it and maybe get a perk or two after so many deaths. After all, failures should bring experience too! Also, there should be something to block gaining exp from being multikilled though so say it could only occur once per hour in game or something.

TMNSTue 17-Jan-17 04:54 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#66576, "I offered the PK loss edgepoints idea back to Zulg when..."
In response to Reply #1

As others have said, it's not something the IMMstaff wants (whether I agree with them or not), rewarding player deaths.

KoeKhaosTue 17-Jan-17 06:01 AM
400 posts
#66579, "The more voices the better though I think for the futur..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 17-Jan-17 06:02 AM

My main part I want is the social aspect anyhow since I feel it is perhaps too much on the Imms right now when it could be to some smaller degree also be put on the players.

Nothing is going to happen anytime soon anyhow but its nice to have everyone's various ideas out there for when something could be done, if it would be done. I doubt we'll see much in the way of major changes even this year due to lack of coders but fingers crossed!

N b MTue 17-Jan-17 10:59 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#66587, "It isn't rewarding deaths if"
In response to Reply #2

If you tie in the edge points gained for total number of pk wins AND pk losses.

Then it's just rewarding participation.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #66381 Previous topic | Next topic