Subject: "My answers are limited, you must ask the right question..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65341
Show all folders

IgnolmeerWed 16-Nov-16 09:11 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2016
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65341, "My answers are limited, you must ask the right questions."

Ask away.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thoughts on BattleRagers?, Murphy, 17-Nov-16 11:21 PM, #53
Reply RE: Thoughts on BattleRagers?, Ignolmeer, 18-Nov-16 12:55 AM, #54
     Reply Yes, Murphy, 18-Nov-16 01:03 AM, #55
          Reply RE: Yes, Ignolmeer, 18-Nov-16 01:23 AM, #56
Reply I have a question about your helpfile, Venara, 17-Nov-16 04:24 PM, #41
Reply CF translation of an apostrophe from MS Word n/t, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 05:52 PM, #45
     Reply I done told you more than once! (nt), Umiron, 17-Nov-16 07:28 PM, #50
Reply Re-cage and Focus this Post., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 03:43 PM, #38
Reply Maran and Acolytes., ibuki, 17-Nov-16 03:53 PM, #40
     Reply RE: Maran and Acolytes., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 10:35 PM, #52
Reply RE: My answers are limited, you must ask the right ques..., Retan, 17-Nov-16 01:18 PM, #27
Reply re: play time, RL > CF, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 02:21 PM, #33
Reply Re: Fort Leadership, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 02:36 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Re: Fort Leadership, Retan, 17-Nov-16 03:15 PM, #37
Reply Is there some idea in place for edges?, N b M, 17-Nov-16 12:58 PM, #26
Reply Sorry, I don't know, but..., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 01:58 PM, #31
Reply Who would you say is the greatest fire giant sword spec..., Venara, 17-Nov-16 12:09 PM, #22
Reply Lord Kiadana Rah n/t, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 01:46 PM, #28
Reply Iggy has spoken, Venara, 17-Nov-16 02:25 PM, #34
     Reply You obviously have not seen him wield a sword? , Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 02:44 PM, #36
          Reply The Real BattleAxe is Lady Kiadana, Venara, 17-Nov-16 03:44 PM, #39
Reply Clearly, Igbah., Jormyr, 17-Nov-16 06:58 PM, #46
     Reply And then to Bash U(niversity)?, Murphy, 17-Nov-16 07:26 PM, #48
Reply Are assassins over powered?, Athioles, 16-Nov-16 11:54 PM, #8
Reply Fek off kev <3, Bemused, 17-Nov-16 12:07 AM, #9
Reply I'm not the subject matter expert., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 10:23 AM, #10
     Reply What about the throw edge?, TJHuron, 17-Nov-16 01:56 PM, #30
          Reply Let me go asked the programmers. BRB..., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 02:04 PM, #32
          Reply RE: What about the throw edge?, Umiron, 23-Nov-16 01:02 PM, #63
          Reply I know with Xalirith I was torn between nage and atemi ..., Onewingedangel, 24-Nov-16 02:04 PM, #65
          Reply Nice, incognito, 24-Nov-16 04:03 PM, #66
          Reply My last two assassins didn't have it, Kstatida, 24-Nov-16 10:27 AM, #64
Reply Initiate of the Dark Moon, Amora, 16-Nov-16 11:01 PM, #7
Reply Sorry, I don't know., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 10:25 AM, #11
Reply Thanks, though., Amora, 17-Nov-16 12:53 PM, #25
Reply I was awarded the edge., Jormyr, 17-Nov-16 06:59 PM, #47
     Reply RE: I was awarded the edge., Amora, 17-Nov-16 10:21 PM, #51
Reply I'd say if it does that - that's a game changer, Kstatida, 17-Nov-16 10:57 AM, #14
Reply RE: Initiate of the Dark Moon, Umiron, 17-Nov-16 07:27 PM, #49
Reply Have you (and other IMMS) given a thought to how lower ..., TMNS, 16-Nov-16 10:57 PM, #6
Reply Re: Game balance, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 10:40 AM, #12
Reply RE: Iggy IC, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 10:51 AM, #13
     Reply Reading over your scrolls, Kstatida, 17-Nov-16 10:59 AM, #15
     Reply Are you willing to learn though? n/t, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 11:13 AM, #20
          Reply Only if I get a free tat out of the blue, Kstatida, 18-Nov-16 07:16 AM, #57
               Reply Cool idea..., Ignolmeer, 18-Nov-16 09:42 AM, #60
     Reply It's not that they were "going over my head" heh., TMNS, 17-Nov-16 04:26 PM, #42
          Reply RE: It's not that they were , Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 05:48 PM, #44
Reply RE: My answers are limited, you must ask the right ques..., Demos, 16-Nov-16 10:52 PM, #5
Reply I am unaware of anything other than what is currently ..., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 11:04 AM, #18
Reply Have you solved the crossword?, Venara, 16-Nov-16 10:48 PM, #4
Reply Time is finite., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 11:10 AM, #19
     Reply On Anagrams:, Venara, 17-Nov-16 12:28 PM, #24
          Reply Converting their practices like Chinese sweatshop. n/t, Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 01:51 PM, #29
          Reply RE: On Anagrams:, Kstatida, 18-Nov-16 09:50 AM, #62
Reply do what?, Dallevian, 16-Nov-16 10:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: do what?, Jormyr, 16-Nov-16 10:33 PM, #2
     Reply needs...moar...powwa!!, Dallevian, 16-Nov-16 10:41 PM, #3
     Reply RE: needs...moar...powwa!!, Ebrithyl/Balgrum (Anonymous), 17-Nov-16 11:01 AM, #17
          Reply Very true, Venara, 17-Nov-16 12:18 PM, #23
               Reply I wish they were easier to "practice up" because of thi..., TMNS, 17-Nov-16 04:48 PM, #43
                    Reply Speaking of which, Kstatida, 18-Nov-16 07:18 AM, #58
                         Reply RE: Speaking of which, Ignolmeer, 18-Nov-16 09:28 AM, #59
                              Reply I feel your pain, man., Murphy, 18-Nov-16 09:44 AM, #61
     Reply That's my man, Kstatida, 17-Nov-16 11:00 AM, #16
     Reply They keep shooting down my "I win" power despite how m..., Ignolmeer, 17-Nov-16 11:20 AM, #21

MurphyThu 17-Nov-16 11:21 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65395, "Thoughts on BattleRagers?"
In response to Reply #0

Fortress has warred with Battle in the past, what's your IC and OOC opinion on this?

More broadly, IC thoughts on cabals other than Fort? Which ones do you feel more kinship towards / would accept a follower from?

IgnolmeerFri 18-Nov-16 12:55 AM
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65396, "RE: Thoughts on BattleRagers?"
In response to Reply #53

IC: Ignolmeer is an elven magus so magic is very much a part of who he is and believes it is a tool for to be used for the betterment of the world. Not everyone uses it for the betterment of the world and so they do need to be stopped. So the village could be of use, if only they were properly vectored.

Tribunal: Law and order has its place, but the letter of the law must be tempered with judgement.

Outlander:
- Wardens attempting to make the world a better place are fine by him.
- Sentinels judged based on their actions.
- Reavers are destroyers which are antithetical to Ignolmeer's ideals

Empire: I think it's obvious.
Scion: I think it's obvious.

For any follower, Ignolmeer's focus is on finding those that want to make the world a better place, cultivating that, and expanding their ability to lead and grow others to also make the world a better place. That being said, you don't have to want to be an Ambassador to come to Ignolmeer. Priests who have a righteous goal that is thought out could be given the power to follow their path.

I hope that helps?

MurphyFri 18-Nov-16 01:03 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65397, "Yes"
In response to Reply #54

So one doesn't have to be good-aligned to follow, then? I mean, a lot of neutrals probably also want to make the world a better place.

Does Ignolmeer set standards on what is "better"?

IgnolmeerFri 18-Nov-16 01:23 AM
77 posts
#65399, "RE: Yes"
In response to Reply #55

There is potential to have a neutral character, who wants to make the world a better place. It's athin line. Don't expect to go leveling with duergar in darsylon or the plains and get anything but my wrath though. Actions have consequences.

VenaraThu 17-Nov-16 04:24 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2016
52 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65383, "I have a question about your helpfile"
In response to Reply #0

Specifically the third paragraph, a word

May I ask what it means?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 05:52 PM
77 posts
#65387, "CF translation of an apostrophe from MS Word n/t"
In response to Reply #41

No joke here.

UmironThu 17-Nov-16 07:28 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65392, "I done told you more than once! (nt)"
In response to Reply #45

nt

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 03:43 PM
77 posts
#65380, "Re-cage and Focus this Post."
In response to Reply #0

I did my best to address the questions that have been asked so far, but the purpose that I so poorly spelled out, was to open questions in regards to Ignolmeer, the religion/philosophy, and the like. Not just take random questions that are above my paygrade and/or not meant for non-staff consumption.

Sorry for the lack of guidance until now.

ibukiThu 17-Nov-16 03:53 PM
Member since 30th Oct 2005
122 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65382, "Maran and Acolytes."
In response to Reply #38

I'm curious what you're looking for in Squires and Scribes for promotion. The process feels drastically slower and more opaque, compared to when Baerinka was around, but that's probably not a fair amount of activity to expect from any imm. Whatever clarity you could give to this would make it less frustrating from a player's point of view.

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 10:35 PM
77 posts
#65394, "RE: Maran and Acolytes."
In response to Reply #40

Across the board I want involvement, integration, interaction, initiative, demonstrations/discussion/adherence of morality & ethics from the perspectives of your characters. I want to see growth of the character you're playing that says, 'I've been tempered by the fires of war as a squire/scribe and I'm ready for more."

Specifically in a Maran you MUST be more than an autonomous EPK machine with zero RP and 40 kills. You can't win a war alone, strength the line, build up the forces. Share your knowledge on how to work as a team. Be a comrade-in-arms.

Specifically in an Acolyte I'm looking for you to temper the souls of the Maran and be hand of resiliency when they die. Protect them against evil as well as themselves. Stand beside them in battle and see them through the day. You are more than just a missionary for the light.

What I'm NOT looking for; needlessly throwing yourself in to no win situations, players carrying over previous character baggage or senses of entitlement, people who are more cared about gear than their alignment, people who make choices that best for the player, but not what the character would do.

Ignolmeer will push your to be your best, always.

RetanThu 17-Nov-16 01:18 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
218 posts
#65369, "RE: My answers are limited, you must ask the right ques..."
In response to Reply #0

What are your most active times for Religion conversations? (Not able to log in right now so I cant see your Wizlist)

If you had a leader character in fort that logged in once a week, which was a drop from when they were not a leader, and a non-leader character in fort that was around 4 or 5 times a week, are you more likely to leave the leader in his place or switch the leader to the more active person?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 02:21 PM
77 posts
#65375, "re: play time, RL > CF"
In response to Reply #27

I try to log on when I get home from work after 6 -7 p.m. CST. Not 100% of the time. Realize, like most of us with families, during that same time I'm helping with kids, dinner, and managing chaos. Also, some weeks I have a crazy schedule where I work through the night.

A note in game or email to schedule a contact will be worked 100% of the time and we should be able to knock something out in a day or two at the latest.

When I may get to log in at a random time, I try to observe as many people as I can, but especially my followers so I can get a feel for them.

Does that help?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 02:33 PM
77 posts
#65377, "Re: Fort Leadership"
In response to Reply #27
Edited on Thu 17-Nov-16 02:36 PM

There are two schools of thought here, first always keep the position filled no matter the quality, and second hold the spot for someone good.

I lean towards the first because of my background, but I hope for quality to be available from the options.

Now as to play times... In my short time with the staff, I have see that absent leadership is removed leadership. Before anyone spouts that it doesn't always happen see my many comments re: time. When leadership starts to wane we're looking to replace to keep the process moving.

Another problem as I have mentioned is the intrinsic reward of the player... Sadly, some, upon getting a leadership position hit their roof for tangibles and with no other goal or reward in sight stop showing up other than 30 minutes or less and are unproductive with that time. Which put it upon us IMM to vector, if able, but we are not always going to be there to intervene and remotivate.

Edited for clarity...

RetanThu 17-Nov-16 03:15 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
218 posts
#65379, "RE: Re: Fort Leadership"
In response to Reply #35

I'm going to make one reply for both of yours:

First post about play times:
Its totally cool. I was just wondering and not angry or anything to that aspect.

This Post:

play times- I agree with this point. Absent Leadership is not leadership at all. Especially if there is not effort to make communication to your "underlings". It you are a leader that plays during a time when your people do not, then maybe you should be looking at making some missives to keep them focused on the task. Its RP and something I feel the Captain of the brigade, or the Cardinal would be doing. Marshall and Elder should be sending missives to the Cardinal and Captain to have sent out to the fortress, or just do it themselves.

Intrinsic Reward- Personally my goal for a successful character is Leader, Tattoo, solid at your job. I have deleted my fair share of characters including what I consider my most successful character, Throndin. If you are a well RP'ed, leader with a Tattoo it means your rocking in my mind. At that point it comes down to RP or Explore I guess.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

N b MThu 17-Nov-16 12:58 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#65368, "Is there some idea in place for edges?"
In response to Reply #0

I understand taking away unnecessary grind, of course!

But it seems like the massive removal of most avenues for edge point collection was sudden and reactionary.

Yes, we need less edge points per standard character than we had before and we need less grind to collect them.

That said, are players going to have a chance to get more edges in the near future through other means?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 01:58 PM
77 posts
#65373, "Sorry, I don't know, but..."
In response to Reply #26

For all the questions out there... if the answer or desired answers requires programming, it won't happen any time soon.

VenaraThu 17-Nov-16 12:09 PM
52 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65364, "Who would you say is the greatest fire giant sword spec..."
In response to Reply #0

Hunsobo or Igbah.

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 01:46 PM
77 posts
#65370, "Lord Kiadana Rah n/t"
In response to Reply #22

He's still burning up the competition.

VenaraThu 17-Nov-16 02:25 PM
52 posts
#65376, "Iggy has spoken"
In response to Reply #28

An axe wielding fire giant is the best sword spec.

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 02:44 PM
77 posts
#65378, "You obviously have not seen him wield a sword? "
In response to Reply #34

Who do you think trained Drathgar? Pssh!

VenaraThu 17-Nov-16 03:44 PM
52 posts
#65381, "The Real BattleAxe is Lady Kiadana"
In response to Reply #36

ZING!

JormyrThu 17-Nov-16 06:58 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#65388, "Clearly, Igbah."
In response to Reply #22

Of course, I'm probably just being biased since I went to college with Igbah.

MurphyThu 17-Nov-16 07:26 PM
1639 posts
#65390, "And then to Bash U(niversity)?"
In response to Reply #46

Just couldn't help but imagine two giants, fire and frost, being best buddies and doing college shenanigans.

AthiolesWed 16-Nov-16 11:54 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#65349, "Are assassins over powered?"
In response to Reply #0

Or does the rest of the mud just suck?

BemusedThu 17-Nov-16 12:07 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#65350, "Fek off kev <3"
In response to Reply #8

"Say my name again!"

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 10:23 AM
77 posts
#65351, "I'm not the subject matter expert."
In response to Reply #8

Have their been some deadly assassins? Yes.

Is it the player skill, situation, class, cabal powers, gear, or some semblance of those? Yes.

Do I know more? No.

TJHuronThu 17-Nov-16 01:56 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65372, "What about the throw edge?"
In response to Reply #10

Assassins have been around as they are for forever and there have been some very deadly ones in history. As far as I can tell the complaints about assassins being OP were never in the multitude as they are now until the playerbase discovered how good the throw edge really is.

Just look at the assassin logs that get posted now. The great majority that aren't against a priest or mage are throw, throw, maybe throw again win.

I'd be curious to know what the stats have been over the last year for which masters edges assassins have selected. Is it 100% throw?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 02:04 PM
77 posts
#65374, "Let me go asked the programmers. BRB..."
In response to Reply #30

I still don't know more.

UmironWed 23-Nov-16 01:02 PM
1497 posts
#65583, "RE: What about the throw edge?"
In response to Reply #30

>Assassins have been around as they are for forever and there
>have been some very deadly ones in history. As far as I can
>tell the complaints about assassins being OP were never in the
>multitude as they are now until the playerbase discovered how
>good the throw edge really is.

What makes that edge so good is that it juices almost everything about throw: the success rate of both throw and ground control, the damage, the assassin's lag, and it heavily mitigates many of the existing anti-throw factors.

I toned it down once by adjusting a couple of those bonuses down a bit, but it should probably either be toned down again in the same way or made to only boost some of those things instead of all of them.

>Just look at the assassin logs that get posted now. The great
>majority that aren't against a priest or mage are throw,
>throw, maybe throw again win.
>
>I'd be curious to know what the stats have been over the last
>year for which masters edges assassins have selected. Is it
>100% throw?

Looking at that over time wasn't (and probably isn't) possible, but the handful of times I checked that edge was the hands-down winner every time.

OnewingedangelThu 24-Nov-16 02:04 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#65591, "I know with Xalirith I was torn between nage and atemi ..."
In response to Reply #63

But I chose Nage Waza....its just too damn good.

incognitoThu 24-Nov-16 04:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65592, "Nice"
In response to Reply #63

Thanks for looking at making it more balanced rather than taking it out.

KstatidaThu 24-Nov-16 10:27 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
#65590, "My last two assassins didn't have it"
In response to Reply #30

And both times I regretted that.

AmoraWed 16-Nov-16 11:01 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2006
123 posts
#65348, "Initiate of the Dark Moon"
In response to Reply #0

Initiate of the Dark Moon

Trying to figure out what this does. Its a REALLY expensive edge. Does this simply reverse the phases? That seems like a lot of high cost for flair. I'm not sure turning the full moon when you have "the hunt" into the best time to heal really synergizes

Or does this bring UP the powers that are otherwise weak during those phases and leave the strong ones strong?

Does this affect skills like "The Hunt". Would it still only come at the full moon or would it come at the new moon?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 10:25 AM
77 posts
#65352, "Sorry, I don't know."
In response to Reply #7

That knowledge is outside my lane of expertise.

AmoraThu 17-Nov-16 12:53 PM
123 posts
#65367, "Thanks, though."
In response to Reply #11

Just always wondered and this seemed like the perfect time to get more information. Let me know if you hear anything from your colleagues.

JormyrThu 17-Nov-16 06:59 PM
422 posts
#65389, "I was awarded the edge."
In response to Reply #11

Pretty sure it just swapped the herb bonus new/full and waxing/waning. IIRC, hunt was still full moon only (which made me sad).

AmoraThu 17-Nov-16 10:21 PM
123 posts
#65393, "RE: I was awarded the edge."
In response to Reply #47
Edited on Thu 17-Nov-16 10:21 PM

I get what Umiron's saying in that the idea was to catch your opponents off guard. However, it seems so expensive to fool them once with a sunray they weren't expecting.

I love it for RP reasons though. I feel like its an edge thats great as a reward edge and less as a giveup of one of your few expensive edges when druids have SO MANY options.

Secretly I was hoping for more since Initiate of the Deserts affects so many things (though deserts are limited now and no scion cabal)

KstatidaThu 17-Nov-16 10:57 AM
2214 posts
#65355, "I'd say if it does that - that's a game changer"
In response to Reply #7

Because dudes receiving hunt on new moon would be totally disoriented.

UmironThu 17-Nov-16 07:27 PM
1497 posts
#65391, "RE: Initiate of the Dark Moon"
In response to Reply #7

The theory was that there is a lot of advantage in being strong when your opponent(s) think you will be at your weakest. Whether it played out that way I don't know.

TMNSWed 16-Nov-16 10:57 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#65347, "Have you (and other IMMS) given a thought to how lower ..."
In response to Reply #0

Also, I like your character. I could't understand half the things you were saying because they were too complex and erudite though

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 10:40 AM
77 posts
#65353, "Re: Game balance"
In response to Reply #6

Balance is at the forefront of the processes I have been involved in.

Player numbers are also a factor in many discussions, but there is only so much that is attainable.

Resources (of which time is a critical one) are finite or scarce, so we make stride when/where we can.

Sorry if that doesn't answer the question to your liking, but that's all I have.

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 10:51 AM
77 posts
#65354, "RE: Iggy IC"
In response to Reply #6

I am happy to hear that you enjoy my persona. It is intentional for a great and timeless magus elf to be erudite. It is not intentional that you walk away confused or unsure.

Was it the discussions themselves going over your head, or were the base tenants of Ambassadorship too complex?

KstatidaThu 17-Nov-16 10:59 AM
2214 posts
#65356, "Reading over your scrolls"
In response to Reply #13

I've said to myself: "No way I'm gonna follow the dude. I don't get a word."

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 11:13 AM
77 posts
#65362, "Are you willing to learn though? n/t"
In response to Reply #15

N/T

KstatidaFri 18-Nov-16 07:16 AM
2214 posts
#65401, "Only if I get a free tat out of the blue"
In response to Reply #20

I have a thing for those

j/k

Seriously though, perhaps those scrolls should be hidden, starting with one and then you unravel the others? That would be a multilayer-style religion which is fun to learn in the process.

IgnolmeerFri 18-Nov-16 09:42 AM
77 posts
#65404, "Cool idea..."
In response to Reply #57

Answer one: (It makes me happy to be sarcastic.)
I'll put the coding team right on that, oh wait...

Answer two:
While a great idea, it is a misuse of resources (coder's time) in that it is very much a multi-layer religion already, and each character will develope at their own pace. IC and OOC as well the tenants just scratch the surface and we start off the journey one tenant at a time. If the choose to go further and faster we'll conform.

Not everyone will go all the way to earning a tattoo, and they don't have to. Just because one goes to church doesn't mean they're going to be a deacon, or priest.

TMNSThu 17-Nov-16 04:26 PM
2670 posts
#65384, "It's not that they were "going over my head" heh."
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Thu 17-Nov-16 04:26 PM

It was more like (since I put myself in my character's head when I play CF most of the time) Bron would think "Why tha' farg 'e jus' take twelve hours en four hunnert werds ter tell me 'Keep at it'".

Like, I understood everytime what you were trying to say. But sometimes I was like I was the "jock" and you were the "nerd", if you catch my drift. I liked that though! It's kinda how I imagine a god of knowledge would be, to be honest.

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 05:48 PM
77 posts
#65386, "RE: It's not that they were "
In response to Reply #42

Good! That's exactly what I want to be felt and seen in character. I berate myself everytime I shorten a sentence and don't say it with "elven sophistication". Ignolmeer is the example of the true elven ways.

DemosWed 16-Nov-16 10:52 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#65346, "RE: My answers are limited, you must ask the right ques..."
In response to Reply #0

Is there any talk of building in incentive for long life. I find more often lately(last couple years) that people are able to power to hero & see if the rng loves them. Or if they like their range and if not they delete. Most of us I think can rank to hero inside 100 hours but a bonus for people who actually stick to a character passed 150 or 200 could develop more detailed in game story lines and such. I know there is a balance to strike between this and forcing those who feel it to roll more alts. Anyhow half drunk ramble over. I like Rp. I'm crap. But I like it. And more ain't bad right?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 11:04 AM
77 posts
#65360, "I am unaware of anything other than what is currently ..."
In response to Reply #5

Incentive will vary for each person.

Some love the interaction of characters despite not getting the right form combo that fits their niche.

Others just want to pk and wish RP wasn't a requirement.

Some just want to explore.

The key I think is to find the intrinsic value that motivates the individual and cultivate that.

That can be done at the peer level quite easily, and mortals far out number staff in both numbers and free time.

VenaraWed 16-Nov-16 10:48 PM
52 posts
#65345, "Have you solved the crossword?"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you.

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 11:10 AM
77 posts
#65361, "Time is finite."
In response to Reply #4

I left that for the mortals and continue to put the little time I have into IC interactions and my area.

VenaraThu 17-Nov-16 12:28 PM
52 posts
#65366, "On Anagrams:"
In response to Reply #19

Did you know your name is an Anagram for Gnome Rile?

What are you doing to these gnomes?

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 01:51 PM
77 posts
#65371, "Converting their practices like Chinese sweatshop. n/t"
In response to Reply #24

N/t

KstatidaFri 18-Nov-16 09:50 AM
2214 posts
#65406, "RE: On Anagrams:"
In response to Reply #24

You mean, that was the anagram to solve in order to blow the horn?

DallevianWed 16-Nov-16 10:31 PM
1639 posts
#65342, "do what?"
In response to Reply #0

why do fort powers still suck so hard a decade later?

JormyrWed 16-Nov-16 10:33 PM
422 posts
#65343, "RE: do what?"
In response to Reply #1

Evil will always win, because good is dumb.

DallevianWed 16-Nov-16 10:41 PM
1639 posts
#65344, "needs...moar...powwa!!"
In response to Reply #2

really though, maran powers sucketh : (

Ebrithyl/Balgrum (Anonymous)Thu 17-Nov-16 11:01 AM
Charter member
#65358, "RE: needs...moar...powwa!!"
In response to Reply #3

Really? I'd argue Maran powers are some of the best in game... Acolyte on the other hand are alittle... meh, but I think thats by design. Cry teleport into a gank? Epic. Zeal? Damage is king. Mantle? Fly, Fire heals, damage reduc? Rad. Lightforge is situationally useful... Brand? Brand is freakin BOSS man!

VenaraThu 17-Nov-16 12:18 PM
52 posts
#65365, "Very true"
In response to Reply #17

In the right hands, Maran powers are a huge boost to certain builds.

I think lightforge scrolls and talismans are underused, but lightforge is inherently annoying because of the randomness and mana cost. That and things crumble. A 2% reduction in mana cost could be seen as a boost to the power.

TMNSThu 17-Nov-16 04:47 PM
2670 posts
#65385, "I wish they were easier to "practice up" because of thi..."
In response to Reply #23
Edited on Thu 17-Nov-16 04:48 PM

Cry and Lightforge gave me never-ending heartbreak because of the mana costs + failure to use the skill due to low %.

For instance, my rage-delete log, I spent 550 mana on trying to cry in when Glik was hitting the Watcher (since I knew Naz was setting a trap for me) and I'm pretty sure if 1 of those had succeeded the log might have turned out completely different.

Phoenix brand as well. You can't really spam it and it's such a great power that failing it in PK with it's 2 round lag can kill you.

KstatidaFri 18-Nov-16 07:18 AM
2214 posts
#65402, "Speaking of which"
In response to Reply #43

Phoenix brand a 2 round lag and sigil of pain a 1 round lag?

IgnolmeerFri 18-Nov-16 09:28 AM
77 posts
#65403, "RE: Speaking of which"
In response to Reply #58

In our epic gods wars, I would love to exhange sigil of pain and phoenix brand with Destuvius at the same interval, but I am guessing that it had to do with balance i.e. Emperor and Dreadlord only ability vs. all Maran.

That is MY speculation and if you wish to discuss it further I will simply say, "by design", I don't know, or type gibberish. I have not decided which.

MurphyFri 18-Nov-16 09:44 AM
1639 posts
#65405, "I feel your pain, man."
In response to Reply #59

Don't go insane yet, the Fortress needs you.

KstatidaThu 17-Nov-16 11:00 AM
2214 posts
#65357, "That's my man"
In response to Reply #2

Go Jorm!

IgnolmeerThu 17-Nov-16 11:20 AM
77 posts
#65363, "They keep shooting down my "I win" power despite how m..."
In response to Reply #1

I've got some ideas in my head that I've not put to a proposal yet.

You must realize the constraints of resources we have.

My number one factor is finding a non-programming solution.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65341 Previous topic | Next topic