Subject: ""use shovel" now drains all m and mv?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65044
Show all folders

crsweeneyThu 29-Sep-16 09:37 AM
Member since 17th Apr 2013
202 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65044, ""use shovel" now drains all m and mv?"

I understand that changes needed to be made to this ability but all m and mv? Couldn't have it give 'skill:shovel' for 0 hours, preventing abuse? This level of nerf makes the area it is pertinent for entirely worthless.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: ?, Scarabaeus, 30-Sep-16 08:20 PM, #1
     Reply RE: ?, Jarmel, 02-Oct-16 12:15 AM, #2
          Reply That may just be a side effect of said digging in said ..., Destuvius, 02-Oct-16 06:41 AM, #3
               Reply If it helps..., Saagkri, 02-Oct-16 08:18 AM, #4
               Reply RE: That may just be a side effect of said digging in s..., crsweeney, 03-Oct-16 11:28 AM, #5
                    Reply RE: That may just be a side effect of said digging in s..., Jarmel, 04-Oct-16 04:25 AM, #6
                    Reply there we go!, Scarabaeus, 04-Oct-16 12:40 PM, #7

ScarabaeusFri 30-Sep-16 08:20 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65059, "RE: ?"
In response to Reply #0

If you are talking about shovels and picks in general, the code attached to using them hasn't changed in years. If you are talking about something else, you can bug board it.

JarmelSun 02-Oct-16 12:15 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#65061, "RE: ?"
In response to Reply #1

Something has definitely changed then.

I will see if I can find a log of it. But 100% use a shovel and it drains all moves and mana ... In atleast one area I am aware of.

I think I may have already bug boarded this as Tarak. But will find the info and big board regardless.

DestuviusSun 02-Oct-16 06:41 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#65062, "That may just be a side effect of said digging in said ..."
In response to Reply #2

There are some things that can go wrong for you for digging around in that area.

SaagkriSun 02-Oct-16 08:18 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#65063, "If it helps..."
In response to Reply #3

I have no idea what area you all are talking about, but I found a shovel in the Underdark about a year ago and dug a hole just to see if I could and it took my mana and moves to 0.

crsweeneyMon 03-Oct-16 11:20 AM
Member since 17th Apr 2013
202 posts
#65073, "RE: That may just be a side effect of said digging in s..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Mon 03-Oct-16 11:28 AM

I have logs of use shovel over 400 times in the area since it was introducted up until Jan of 2016. On none of those occasions did the complete drain of movement and mana happen, until my most recent attempt to do so.

CURRENT - 9.30.2016
wilderness <52%hp 56%m 43%mv 4884tnl (41.86%) 12 PM> use shovel
You drive a steel shovel into the ground and turn over scoop after scoop of dirt.
You dig for quite some time, but get nothing for your trouble but an aching back.

wilderness <52%hp 0%m 0%mv 4884tnl (41.86%) 12 PM>

PREVIOUS - 1/30/2016

wilderness <100%hp 59%m 12%mv 5940tnl (26.67%) 10 AM> You drive a steel shovel into the ground and turn over scoop after scoop of dirt.
You dig for quite some time, but get nothing for your trouble but an aching back.

wilderness <100%hp 59%m 4%mv 5940tnl (26.67%) 10 AM> drop 1.

I understand if you wanted to nerf the value of digging, but making it this useless removes entirely the point of it. It was marginally worth while previously. At this level of drain, literally any other activity would be more valuable time wise.

Edit:

I read again the immortal posts, perhaps this one room is not flagged the same as others in this area. I will test it again more thoroughly, given the danger in this area of being at 0 move and mana after digging, I bugged out on my most recent trip. Figuring it had been nerfed.

JarmelTue 04-Oct-16 04:25 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#65084, "RE: That may just be a side effect of said digging in s..."
In response to Reply #5

I found logs of shovel use in the same location and bug boarded it from view of 2 different chars.

It shows the initial moves loss and then the complete mana and moves loss.

ScarabaeusTue 04-Oct-16 12:40 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#65092, "there we go!"
In response to Reply #5

This log is what I needed (and the time line was also helpful). It wasn't the amount of mana/move lost (which has been constant for years), but another condition. Should be fixed next crash/reboot.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65044 Previous topic | Next topic