Subject: "Prison of Glymarach" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64789
Show all folders

ExploringPerson (Anonymous)Mon 05-Sep-16 08:23 AM
Charter member
#64789, "Prison of Glymarach"

I searched the forum and couldn't find any mention to changes to this area, but some of the best pieces seem to be insta-crumbling. Is this a code change, or something I'm missing in what I'm doing?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DestuviusMon 05-Sep-16 08:30 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64790, "RE: Prison of Glymarach"
In response to Reply #0

Assuming its the items I think you are talking about, there was a bug with them that prevented them from maintaining their rot_death status as they were supposed to when they were assigned to an owner.

At some point within the last few years, that bug was fixed (perhaps incorrectly) so that the items should now crumble when you (their owner) not the mob that had them dies.

Either way, if you haven't put it on the bug board yet, please do.

ExploringPerson (Anonymous)Mon 05-Sep-16 01:51 PM
Charter member
#64800, "Will do!"
In response to Reply #1

Cause they definitely rot basically immediately (so rot_death on mob that holds them).

mageMon 05-Sep-16 06:00 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2008
248 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64801, "Wow, I had assumed this was just a nerfing of the item."
In response to Reply #2

That was seriously one of my favorite items in the game, and after the change, I just assumed along with everyone else that the change was an intentional nerfing of the item. But the speed at which the thing crumbles left me wondering what the hell was the point of even having the item in the game anymore. I should have known it was a bug. Wish I had posted it myself like, a year ago.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64789 Previous topic | Next topic