Subject: "Three ideas for small changes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64286
Show all folders

VonzamirSun 24-Jul-16 06:21 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64286, "Three ideas for small changes"

1. Let animist rangers be evil. I the rp reason they are not allowed now, but don't really buy it. They can be good, and I would think there are as many evil spirits in nature as good.

2. Reduce the lag on hack. The three ways it can work out now is you hit hack, and they have teleported or worded, run to the bank, and bought new potions before you come out of lag, you miss it and die before you come out of lag, or you hit it, and die anyway before you come out of lag.

3. Tweak War Banner so that it doesn't destroy gear. I don't know of any real purpose this serves in the game today when massive loots are somewhat of a rarity.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironSun 24-Jul-16 07:10 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64287, "RE: Three ideas for small changes"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 24-Jul-16 07:11 PM

>1. Let animist rangers be evil. I the rp reason they are
>not allowed now, but don't really buy it. They can be good,
>and I would think there are as many evil spirits in nature as
>good.

I don't have strong feelings personally, but it is pretty obvious to me why Animists wouldn't (couldn't) be evil. Their abilities being rooted in vivimancy, druidism, and nature (in a Sylvan sense) just doesn't jive with evil align.

>2. Reduce the lag on hack. The three ways it can work out
>now is you hit hack, and they have teleported or worded, run
>to the bank, and bought new potions before you come out of
>lag, you miss it and die before you come out of lag, or you
>hit it, and die anyway before you come out of lag.

One of the nuances of hack is that, unlike most skills, its lag is somewhat inconsistent because it's not an even number of rounds. I'd be curious to know why whoever wrote it designed it that way, but my assumption would be specifically for that element of inconsistency.

I'm not sold on this. Part of me thinks if you're dying to hack lag then maybe it's your tactics you really died to. Likewise, if your opponent's response to being hacked is flee/word then again, maybe you need to use it differently or try to engineer your fights to play out differently.

I'll see what other people think about hack before I do or don't change it.

>3. Tweak War Banner so that it doesn't destroy gear. I don't
>know of any real purpose this serves in the game today when
>massive loots are somewhat of a rarity.

As I understand it, the crux of the skill is that the berserker makes the banner out of the destroyed stuff, and so it wouldn't really make sense that either A) they get to keep it, or B) you get to use it to make a war banner AND keep it for yourself.

I could see an argument for ITEM_BROKEN here, though.

EDIT: Spelling.

AereglenMon 25-Jul-16 12:56 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64288, "Thanks Umi!"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the feedback. I really like the idea of war banner items being _BROKEN instead of straight up destroyed.

KstatidaMon 25-Jul-16 03:03 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64289, "I don't know the details on banner"
In response to Reply #2

But if its power depends on power of the item, then it's a balance issue as well. As money are easier to obtain than powerful items.

VonzamirMon 25-Jul-16 05:43 PM
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64291, "It is more doing something that takes half of someone's..."
In response to Reply #3

will wait until someone they have killed recovers their things before bannering now anyway because they are not looking to leave them half naked.

VonzamirMon 25-Jul-16 05:49 PM
659 posts
#64292, "Thanks for the feedback."
In response to Reply #1

Others will disagree, but I don't think Mamlauk really measures up well with the other adapts if you are playing solo, which more and more is often the case for an orc (or anything else). In a group, with someone who can lag before you come out of lag, it is awesome. It might work considerably better for a chief as well. I played one in 2013, and fought against a couple a few years leading up to that, but don't even remember another Mamlauk since then. I've never personally seen a Malauk that was anything other than a free PKW for the most part.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64286 Previous topic | Next topic