Subject: "Request for Immortals" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64212
Show all folders

jalbrinSun 17-Jul-16 10:56 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64212, "Request for Immortals"

If you've got a follower or empoweree, and they do something to piss your immortal character off, *let them know about it.*

Smite them. Slay them. Anything. Just don't *ignore* them without some sort of feedback as to why. That's the only criticism I find myself agreeing with out of the last few bitch filled threads.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Considering that happened with back to back delete thre..., Lhydia, 18-Jul-16 05:44 AM, #1
     Reply This., Warren, 18-Jul-16 11:02 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Considering that happened with back to back delete ..., Umiron, 18-Jul-16 11:37 AM, #3
          Reply Consistency isn't conspiracy., Lhydia, 18-Jul-16 12:12 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Consistency isn't conspiracy., Umiron, 18-Jul-16 01:01 PM, #5
          Reply Neat., Lhydia, 18-Jul-16 01:19 PM, #6
          Reply Nice troll. It was very subtle. NT, TMNS, 18-Jul-16 07:01 PM, #8
          Reply Nope, just conversating. n/t, Lhydia, 18-Jul-16 07:42 PM, #9
               Reply I'm sure. I mean, confusing players is normal, right? ..., TMNS, 18-Jul-16 08:14 PM, #10
                    Reply Okay. Oh hey.., Lhydia, 18-Jul-16 08:18 PM, #11
                         Reply Just keeping your ####ery in check. Dirty job, but som..., TMNS, 18-Jul-16 08:51 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Neat., Jarmel, 18-Jul-16 09:53 PM, #13
          Reply Now THAT is interesting., Warren, 19-Jul-16 12:43 PM, #15
          Reply For what it's worth, Murphy, 18-Jul-16 11:18 PM, #14
          Reply A nice idea then!, Kstatida, 18-Jul-16 02:34 PM, #7

LhydiaMon 18-Jul-16 05:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64215, "Considering that happened with back to back delete thre..."
In response to Reply #0

I don't think this request will be heard.

Pretty much if you've got 'a history' and aren't proxying just don't follow certain IMMs.

WarrenMon 18-Jul-16 11:02 AM
Member since 17th Dec 2012
396 posts
#64216, "This."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

UmironMon 18-Jul-16 11:37 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64217, "RE: Considering that happened with back to back delete ..."
In response to Reply #1

>I don't think this request will be heard.
>
>Pretty much if you've got 'a history' and aren't proxying just
>don't follow certain IMMs.

As I understand it, the Jalbrin's suggestion was that immortals let their followers know (IC) if they've done something wrong or aren't doing something they need to be.

I'm not sure what player histories or proxies have to do with that, unless you're asserting that a staff member would conditionally do what Jalbrin suggested based on who the player is.

If people want to argue that Destuvius didn't offer enough (or quick enough) guidance or feedback, I think that's fair. Making this about conspiracy isn't.

LhydiaMon 18-Jul-16 12:12 PM
2390 posts
#64218, "Consistency isn't conspiracy."
In response to Reply #3

I do not think it is wrong to not like some players. I do not think it is wrong to not like people who cheat a lot. I don't even think it's wrong to be an IMM and not give a follower attention because you don't like them. I'm just saying I agree that there isn't anything in place where if an IMM doesn't like you they will tell you to keep walking or to not waste your time. Some IMMs get along better with players than others.

It's sort of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation for the IMM.

You might look at code and numbers for trends but people who play the game itself and pay attention to RP and different trends do notice which IMMs give a fair shot and which give consistently little to no attention to players with histories.

I have had mixed interactions with Destuvius and mostly he's been great. I definitely don't like writing reports and I don't even like Bemused but I'd be so pissed if I wrote a paper for Dest for RP and spent hours doing so only to find out the guy willfully ignored me when he had the chance to play catch up.

It's not really a dig on Destivius and I don't think he's the only one who doesn't like a lot of Players. It's just my perception how it is and it would be nice if there was some kind of reputation command for following an IMM.

My history with using proxies and shells to ensure a different IP address has netted me the quest rewards, extra legacies, and other perks I enjoyed before I became outspoken and speaking my mind (a douche). All I'm saying is if you are taking a character seriously and investing a lot of yourself and your time into it, a proxy is a great way to ensure you are given your fair shake with anyone. I don't do it anymore because I don't care as much as I used to.

UmironMon 18-Jul-16 01:01 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64220, "RE: Consistency isn't conspiracy."
In response to Reply #4

>I do not think it is wrong to not like some players. I do not
>think it is wrong to not like people who cheat a lot. I don't
>even think it's wrong to be an IMM and not give a follower
>attention because you don't like them. I'm just saying I agree
>that there isn't anything in place where if an IMM doesn't
>like you they will tell you to keep walking or to not waste
>your time. Some IMMs get along better with players than
>others.
>
>It's sort of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation
>for the IMM.
>
>You might look at code and numbers for trends but people who
>play the game itself and pay attention to RP and different
>trends do notice which IMMs give a fair shot and which give
>consistently little to no attention to players with histories.

I can't prove Destuvius didn't treat Iarphine differently because they were played by Bemused and Destuvius knew as much, because I'm not the thought police. But I'm not convinced that's how it went down, as others are, is all I'm saying. And since there is pretty weak evidence that such a problem exists at all, I'd prefer people frame those kinds of ideas as their suspicions and not as fact. I think that's fair.

>
>I have had mixed interactions with Destuvius and mostly he's
>been great. I definitely don't like writing reports and I
>don't even like Bemused but I'd be so pissed if I wrote a
>paper for Dest for RP and spent hours doing so only to find
>out the guy willfully ignored me when he had the chance to
>play catch up.

Me too! But again, I'm not convinced that was predicated on what Bemused says it was. It's also worth considering that even if you don't agree with the approach, giving the character an opportunity to make a good impression and redeem themselves without having to be scolded is a valid one.

>It's not really a dig on Destivius and I don't think he's the
>only one who doesn't like a lot of Players. It's just my
>perception how it is and it would be nice if there was some
>kind of reputation command for following an IMM.

Much of the staff cannot see IPs and has no technical means of discerning who is who. Likewise, the vast majority of the staff either cannot see them OR is one of the immortals who has never been accused of favoritism/whatever as far as I know. For most players none of that should matter, but there should be some comfort in that for the paranoid.

And of course part of the job is demonstrating that one can separate their opinions of players with the decisions they make as immortals and their IC interactions, even if they do (somehow) know who the character is played by. In my time as an immortal I've felt like the staff id a pretty good job on this front.

>My history with using proxies and shells to ensure a different
>IP address has netted me the quest rewards, extra legacies,
>and other perks I enjoyed before I became outspoken and
>speaking my mind (a douche). All I'm saying is if you are
>taking a character seriously and investing a lot of yourself
>and your time into it, a proxy is a great way to ensure you
>are given your fair shake with anyone. I don't do it anymore
>because I don't care as much as I used to.

And you've also seen all those rewards when playing from your actual site. For what it's worth, I feel like the results you see are far more dependent on how you approach a given character than the IP you connect with. You've played some pretty #### characters (deliberately, mind you) and you've played a lot of amazing ones too. Admittedly, at the end of the day only you can speak to your experiences.

For what it's worth, Iarphine was played over a proxy her entire life. So I guess mileage varies.

LhydiaMon 18-Jul-16 01:19 PM
2390 posts
#64221, "Neat."
In response to Reply #5

If you proxy and you still get treated poorly you are doing something wrong. The whole purpose of the proxy is you are given the opportunity to change the aspects about yourself that point out that you are you. Arolin does have some pretty obvious SMUGGER group tells though.

Thanks for the compliment in there. You could have easily gone a different way.

TMNSMon 18-Jul-16 07:01 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#64223, "Nice troll. It was very subtle. NT"
In response to Reply #6

NT

LhydiaMon 18-Jul-16 07:42 PM
2390 posts
#64224, "Nope, just conversating. n/t"
In response to Reply #8

gr

TMNSMon 18-Jul-16 08:14 PM
2670 posts
#64229, "I'm sure. I mean, confusing players is normal, right? ..."
In response to Reply #9

Especially SMUGers, they are all so similar.

LhydiaMon 18-Jul-16 08:17 PM
2390 posts
#64230, "Okay. Oh hey.."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Mon 18-Jul-16 08:18 PM

They like it better when you keep the #### posting on QHCF. I can't help myself, but YOU of all people should know where the high road is because you look down on people all the time from it.

TMNSMon 18-Jul-16 08:51 PM
2670 posts
#64231, "Just keeping your ####ery in check. Dirty job, but som..."
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Mon 18-Jul-16 08:51 PM

Funniest thing was, even when you're trying to be "nice" and normal, you still can't help yourself from being a twat by calling Bemused Arolin, when you know they are two different people.

JarmelMon 18-Jul-16 09:53 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#64232, "RE: Neat."
In response to Reply #6

Wow SMUGGERS!

I haven't heard that term in like 18 years you know when I finished my degree and left uni.

WarrenTue 19-Jul-16 12:43 PM
Member since 17th Dec 2012
396 posts
#64242, "Now THAT is interesting."
In response to Reply #5

For what it's worth, Iarphine was played over a proxy her entire life.

MurphyMon 18-Jul-16 11:18 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64233, "For what it's worth"
In response to Reply #4

I'm always speaking my mind, sometimes sharply, against certain actions of the Immortals. Sometimes I get very nasty about it.

I never hide my IP.

And yet I never feel my characters are especially underrewarded or unnoticed, compared to what I had years ago, or compared to the rest of the playerbase. Next to no ImmXP, but then more quest forms, awesome titles etc.

I do not argue that empowerment problems exist, but it seems to me they are a result of miscommunication more than deliberate meddling by the Imms against a hated player.

And for both sides, criticism does not equal hate.

KstatidaMon 18-Jul-16 02:34 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64222, "A nice idea then!"
In response to Reply #3

Why don't we introduce a "affinity with deity" stat then? It is up to imm to change it.

First of all - there is a "connection", when system recognizes a person as a follower of a said imm (it can be arranged to be set by the player himself by the way, along with sphere, not much harm there). This way an imm will be able to list his followers easily. I believe this functionality is already in place, but is totally imm-driven.

Second, you make a stat "Affinity with deity", which can go anywhere from whatever you want it to whatever you want it (like -100 to +100 or whatever). This stat effectively shows what your deity thinks of you. At the very least, it can invoke some basic echoes for the character so that the player knows his imm opinion on him (like "Irritated by your nagging, Jormyr still lends you his power" when casting supps). Going further, it can have an effect in empowered character's supplications, and that would be obvious through supps echoes.

Then it will be obvious for the characters what their imms think of them, which would save TONS of nerves and time for all parties involved.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64212 Previous topic | Next topic